Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

No worries everyone. Game is still fun. Just slam that exalted eye's closed and feel that excitement! :)
"
0nyX wrote:
Path of Exiling the existing playerbase

League after league the game is losing it's way, good job that LA launches in Feb so I actually have something interesting to play :)

Path of Trashtalking when i dont even play the current league. Good job we're gonna miss babyhater trashtalker players.

Too bad you dont have anything interesting to say.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
As I understood they nerfed awakened gems and forced me to add +1 modifier on the Wand (with flat damage) to compensate the nerf. It makes build even more exepensive for no reason.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jan 26, 2022, 8:33:40 AM
"
rekikyo wrote:

Just linking Multiple Totems literally brings you from 1 totem to 3.
Tree has another 1.
Templar has another 1.

That's 5.

Back 6 or so leagues ago the number was 2-3.

There is a shield mod that can give +1. I've never used it. Soul Mantle was always good enough. 5 totems is what you had to settle for if you didn't have your Soul Mantle yet, but once you did and you acquired your other items your totem build suddenly shot up in damage and could be considered good enough for some late game content.

Losing that +1 totem is a pretty big nerf to Soul Mantle. Now all it really does is free up a gem slot in exchange for having to negate the cursing. Nobody will use it now.

It went from a unique that was often a required part of a totem build to a unique only good for vendoring or just leaving on the ground.
"
As I understood they nerfed awakened gems and forced me to add +1 modifier on the Wand (with flat damage) to compensate the nerf. It makes build even more exepensive for no reason.

not really. they added higher tiers to the flat dmg on the weapons, also the lower tiers got upped but quite a bit to compensate for the dmg loss on the gem. so no, they do not force u to get +1 on ur wand.
"
Chill wrote:
"
GdfSniper wrote:
So you completely destroy Freezing Pulse totems - non-meta, average power, niche build, and you call that "balance"?????

It's not the first time that I finally found a decent build (never meta), that I invested lots of time into learning how to play (I'm not very technical) and you're forcing me to look for a new one again.

This game starts to feel completely unrewarding. Every league I feel like I'm starting from zero again as all the effort and learning I did in previous leagues turns into nothing. It's not fun to play like that!

Personally, I'm glad they keep balancing the game and trying to shake up the meta.
This might just not be the game for you.

Not sure why you see FP totems as meta build
"
koskesh539 wrote:
not really. they added higher tiers to the flat dmg on the weapons, also the lower tiers got upped but quite a bit to compensate for the dmg loss on the gem. so no, they do not force u to get +1 on ur wand.

But if I don't add flat damage on the Wand my build will be weaker than before!

Added Cold/Lightning/Chaos gem changes:
Awakened Added Lightning Damage Support: Supported Skills now have 21 to 391 added Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 23 to 445), up to 24 to 449 at gem level 5 (previously 29 to 543).

Spell added damage weapon mods:
1 added Lightning Damage to Spells now provides values of 7-20 to 255-270 on two-handed Weapons (previously 5-15 to 189-200), and 4-14 to 170-179 on one-handed Weapons (previously 3-10 to 126-133).

------

TOTAL DAMAGE NERFS

Old setup without flat on the wand
min: 0 + 29 = 29
max: 0 + 543 = 543
avg: (29 + 543 / 2) = 286

Old setup with flat on the wand
min: 10 + 29 = 39
max: 133 + 543 = 676
avg: (39 + 676) / 2 = 357.5

New setup without flat on the wand
min: 0 + 24 = 24 (-17.2%)
max: 0 + 449 = 449 (-17.3%)
avg: (24 + 449) / 2 = 236.5 (-17.3%)

New setup with flat on the wand
min: 14 + 24 = 38 (-2.6%)
max: 179 + 449 = 628 (-7.1%)
avg: (38 + 628) = 333 (-6.9%)

We have lost about 17% of damage in average without flat on the Wand and 7% with flat on the Wand

It is straight nerf even with the Tier 1 Flat damage on the Wand with the top possible roll. So even I can manage to craft +2 Wand with the flat tier 1 it's still worse than in 3.16. It looks like nerf for casuals who don't care and don't do the math.

-17% dmg without wand and -7% with wand, OKAY. It is only ok if skill got Effectiveness of Added damage buff.

YES THIS IS A BUFF (C)
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jan 26, 2022, 10:04:02 AM
"
Natul wrote:
GGG posts a tiny fragment of the updates and people threaten to quit on the spot. Same old same old.

yep. thats exacly whats happening every single league. they buffed the fuck out of bows and self cast, they adjusted a bit here and there and everybody is losing his shit. unreal.

BTW: we havent even seen the patchnotes folks, take your heads out of ur XXX
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
PLEASE DONT NERF SKELLIES PLEASE!

lol this will never happen, if any thing they buff, as they have done them EVERY patch ive ever seen.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
GdfSniper wrote:
"
Chill wrote:
"
GdfSniper wrote:
So you completely destroy Freezing Pulse totems - non-meta, average power, niche build, and you call that "balance"?????

It's not the first time that I finally found a decent build (never meta), that I invested lots of time into learning how to play (I'm not very technical) and you're forcing me to look for a new one again.

This game starts to feel completely unrewarding. Every league I feel like I'm starting from zero again as all the effort and learning I did in previous leagues turns into nothing. It's not fun to play like that!

Personally, I'm glad they keep balancing the game and trying to shake up the meta.
This might just not be the game for you.

Not sure why you see FP totems as meta build

You're correct. Every league they shake things up and wind up screwing up a build you found and wound up enjoying, in the name of "balance"

It's why I sat out this league.

They need to stop screwing around with balance so much. Right now they're promoting handcasting. Who's gonna handcast past the acts? This isn't Diablo II. Are people gonna run around red maps handcasting fireball?

I'm noticing that every league there are major balance changes that go way beyond what's necessary. They are chasing a state of balance that can never be achieved and it keeps angering the playerbase, and at a time of major competition no less.

This manifesto isn't as bad as previous manifestos, but it still contains nerfs that seem totally unnecessary. I'm very bitter about the unnecessary Soul Mantle nerf, as that was a core part of my favorite build so far. It's a totally non-meta and unpopular build but one I enjoyed playing more than all the others - a Soul Mantle, Self Flagellation Divine Ire totem build. Fun, different, not at all the best but no slouch. The nerf is unnecessary. I mean hell, they even joke about the change right there in the manifesto:

"
The Soul Mantle Unique Body Armour no longer has +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Existing items can be updated with a Divine Orb and a momentary lapse in judgement.

So why change it? What sense does that make?

What will I do now? Do I even want to bother with the next league? I already sat this one out because of "balance" changes I didn't like. I hate constantly chasing a new build, which I guess means this game isn't for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info