Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

I see nothing here to be excited about.
Trade: We could use a new trade system that could fix one of the least fun aspects of POE. When Chris said he wanted people to trade less and focus on playing the game more by having the current shitty trade system, I thought that idea was absurd. There is SSF for players who don't like to trade. For trade league players, none of us wants to deal with monopolies, inflated prices, scams, and no-responses. It takes a long time to sit in your hideout to make a trade.

Skill balances: Nerfs are based on popularity, but not based on overall balances. Some skills are played more because others are just not fun, horrible to play, or straight up not viable. If you don't make skills feel like shit to play, people will play it. To have more build diversities, GGG should think about how to buff and make other skills playable. I don't mind grinding out for a build, but don't make a game that feels like torture when you play.

ACTS: Noone likes going through all the acts, yet you are making it longer and more shit to play.

To me, it seems like GGG's philosophy is to make a torturing game. The decision-makers of the company have zero interest in expanding its possibilities and making the game into a single-dimensional grind machine.
Disclaimer: I write this from experience of someone who plays 2h a day max and does not go beyond Sirius A8 / Shaper. In this zone there is a lot more space for diversity then in the top-endgame content (Maven, Uber-Content, etc...) where optimalisation of dps is needed).

TL;DR: Can hurt meta-slaves, are good for self-made players / more casual players

Nice changes:
- less Toxic Rain builds (this is something good in my opinion, encurages diversity in low-budget builds),
- more spell damage if you need to target (its ok, more diversity in "meta", players who make their own builds have some more space to experiment without hitting a wall),
- some other bow builds can be vailable (for more people who does not have time/skill/resources to go agains current top content),
- Dancing Dervish can be used vs bosses without weapon swap or using tricks,
- triggers permament on bosses / chance to trigger on rare/unique (if one is not into piano gameplay this is a plus),
- Fortify can be still an option for some content (eg.: league mechanics where more casual players can encounter high-reduction monsters easier then going deep in delve)

Something that hurts:
- less added dmg to spells (Death's Oath has limited sources of this - need to try if it will be usable in high-tier content)

Need to check:
- changes to threshold gems,
- bow new implicits,
- crafting simulations after prefix/sufix changes

Doesn't make any change:
- March of the Legion (not too many people play as a group or go for all-in support),
- Shade Form / Blood (heavy investment most of the time is beyond reach of more casual players)
How do you justify Shockwave Totem and Holy Flame Totem only getting a 10% buff, while every other skill listed gets at least a 45% buff? Especially considering these skills never get used.
Overall I like what is being done but I am concerned for melee, especially one handed melee that relies a lot on added damage supports. Like Viper Strike that also lost its threshold jewel?
more try hard to enjoy" in short
Still praying for some Spectral Throw buffs.

I want to throw some bananas again :3
Other nerfs to the CoC concept. Cospri nerfed (as if that at CoC support weren't enough). You've turned off one of the funniest builds ever. Expansion after expansion, you just managed to annihilate the hype of a player in a few lines of development manifesto, pov: a really good job.

Have a nice day.
It works as intended.
"
CityHunterRyo wrote:
Trade: We could use a new trade system that could fix one of the least fun aspects of POE.

Agree. Even if you are not heavy-trading player inflation / no-response hits hard players who are more casual (eg.: with personal skill ceeling being Shaper / Uber Elder).

"
CityHunterRyo wrote:

Skill balances: Nerfs are based on popularity, but not based on overall balances. Some skills are played more because others are just not fun, horrible to play, or straight up not viable.

I somewhat agree. If you are not meta-slave this is - in many cases - a benefit. Less in spotlight = less chance to be nerfed / chance for buffs.

"
CityHunterRyo wrote:

ACTS: Noone likes going through all the acts, yet you are making it longer and more shit to play.

I have mixed feeling about this. If you level up only one character per league and want to feel new build this is fine. For leveling second char going again through the acts make it - in many cases - a waste of time.

"
CityHunterRyo wrote:

The decision-makers of the company have zero interest in expanding its possibilities and making the game into a single-dimensional grind machine.

Sometimes I have the same feelings. I escaped from Diablo3 because "leagues" were flat, uninteresing and without any major changes. Here I have some changes but they get less and less stimulating. Game is not a total grind-fest for me, but sometimes (if you need to grind for currency to buy over-priced items...) it is a true torture. I would like to play a game that does not make me listen to audiobooks to enjoy myself :P.
Last edited by Fukurokage on Jan 25, 2022, 3:08:21 AM
To do list:

-Arc (again)
-Blazing Salvo
-Flame Surge
-Ice Spear coc////Scratch that. And Cosprit got nerfed too xd

Why would u nerf spell totem again?
Nerfing Fire Trap Clap
I dont see this "redesign" for Orb of Storms

Hydrosphere gone

We have replaced "Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" modifiers on quivers with "Increased Damage with Bow Skills" to allow quivers to roll another way to improve skills dealing Physical or Chaos damage.

Im hoping that numbers will reamin the same...They are. Nice, 50% is perfect.

Added Chaos Damage Support: Supported Skills now have 18 to 26 added Chaos Damage at gem level 1 (previously 17 to 26), up to 154 to 231 at gem level 20 (previously 170 to 255).

Ehh?

Change Desecrate to have a fixed chance to spawn a Spectre corpse. This means Detonate Dead's damage should be more consistent based on which area in the game you are in. This also means there is no incentive to bring multiple different high-life spectre varieties, although you still benefit from bringing one high-life spectre into areas.

Have fun spectre builds. 5mins of searching one corpse
Last edited by masive12 on Jan 25, 2022, 3:35:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info