[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

HEY!

I have been playing this build for quite a lot time and wondering if any of you could help me out how to reach the fabled 1600 dex mark, and/or get more chaos resistance.

Any help would be appreciated!
"
ChrisWello wrote:
HEY!

I have been playing this build for quite a lot time and wondering if any of you could help me out how to reach the fabled 1600 dex mark, and/or get more chaos resistance.

Any help would be appreciated!

For 1600 Dex:
Get a Brutal Restraint Jewel and equip it next to Savagery node.
You have to hit at least one 20 Dexterity node, then you are at 1598 Dex, if you hit 2 20 Dex nodes, goal achieved.
If you only hit 1, you can either use a skillpoint from the clusterjewel setup and put a point into a mastery instead (10% life or 25 multi vs. bosses) or simply use a blessed orb on your amulet till you max the implicit.

Last edited by daflipp on Feb 21, 2022, 11:49:44 AM
Thanks!! Gonna try that.
"
livejamie wrote:
I've had a lot of fun progressing this, one of my favorite builds I've ever played.

"

I'm also surprised at how well Headhunter works with this build, a lot of people say that Headhunter isn't good for totem builds but it completely transforms this build into one of the best mapping builds in the game right now.

Glad to hear it. I actually just ancient orbed one myself and haven't gotten to play with it but thought about selling it to fully juice the rest of my gear. I'll give it a try on some crazy maps even though I'll probably be down to 1200 Dex without synth belt
"
kwix67 wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
I've had a lot of fun progressing this, one of my favorite builds I've ever played.

"

I'm also surprised at how well Headhunter works with this build, a lot of people say that Headhunter isn't good for totem builds but it completely transforms this build into one of the best mapping builds in the game right now.

Glad to hear it. I actually just ancient orbed one myself and haven't gotten to play with it but thought about selling it to fully juice the rest of my gear. I'll give it a try on some crazy maps even though I'll probably be down to 1200 Dex without synth belt

While it's really nice for zooming in maps it's a significant defensive upgrade. It makes dying really hard actually.
livejamie
My gearing has rather stalled right now, but DPS is definitely in the 'enough' (1400+ De, 550k Sirius DPS) category so content I've never had a build for is now accessible:

Searing Exarch/Eater of Dunk/Uber Elder, Uber Atziri & Sirius all dead without too much drama. A fee silly deaths here and there but that's experience.

Working through Mavern invites now, held up by map availability grrrr. Why don't Kirack maps count grrrr ;)

Last edited by Iteken on Feb 22, 2022, 5:45:03 AM
I think I'm missing some DPS from my gloves and want to craft some nice dex/dex% ones but I'm not that experienced with crafting. I found a hunters exalted orb so I could use that on a nice pair of gloves. Any quick guide to craft it?

Should I just put the hunter's orb on the proper base and then re-roll or should I try to get flat dex first and some suffixes in order to get a chance of hitting the % dex?

After that I want to try my luck with some eldritch ichor orbs as I need those to get the good offensive rolls like % increased damage per 100 dex right?
My current gloves aren't all too bad but I probably shouldn't use the eldritch currency on them.
These are my current ones:

Any help to upgrade would be highly appreciated. Also, if anyone is selling their gloves... let me know!
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I think I'm missing some DPS from my gloves and want to craft some nice dex/dex% ones but I'm not that experienced with crafting. I found a hunters exalted orb so I could use that on a nice pair of gloves. Any quick guide to craft it?

Should I just put the hunter's orb on the proper base and then re-roll or should I try to get flat dex first and some suffixes in order to get a chance of hitting the % dex?

After that I want to try my luck with some eldritch ichor orbs as I need those to get the good offensive rolls like % increased damage per 100 dex right?
My current gloves aren't all too bad but I probably shouldn't use the eldritch currency on them.
These are my current ones:

Any help to upgrade would be highly appreciated. Also, if anyone is selling their gloves... let me know!

Unfortunately you cant use a hunter orb on gloves with eldritch influence or use eldritch orbs on hunter influenced gloves.

If hunter DEX gloves are what you are after you need item level 75 to hit T1 % Increased Dexterity. Best bet to try and get flat DEX and % DEX is to spam Sorrow Essence on hunter gloves until you get the two suffixes you want.

If you want Eldritch implicits some good ones are % damage per 100 DEX, cold exposure, chance to intimidate, etc. I got lucky and had gloves drop with the intimidate implicit and only needed a couple ichor to get the % damage per 100 DEX on mine. They are far from the best gloves but are working well for me at the moment...

Yo I checked build from Empy - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Empyrianwarpgate/characters

and on poe.ninja there's a lot of similiar builds like that on top with crit multi etc. For example like this:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/FallenAng3L1/FallenBossSupport?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DSiege-Ballista%26sort%3Ddps

I thought I would try to change my build to a similar one. What do you think?
I need to test it more because I really dont know what to think about that, POB with older gems setup showed me like 420k dmg with 16 ballistas but maybe something POB calculates wrong and I do not understand it? I even changed the anointing of the amulet for an additional curse.

I'm afraid that this gem set is not working for me because of shitty equipment. Please help if I should go back to the old set from Wallach.

I have added these gems in POB for your convenience to fast swap.

//Old setup// AVG. DMG. = 418 575
1. Siege Ballista Default 21/20
2. Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks Support 1/20
3. Inspiration 20/20
4. Awakened Added Cold Damage Support 3/20
5. Awakened Cold Penetration Support 3/20
6. Hypothermia Support 20/20
AVG. DMG. with Barrage Support = 124 669

//New setup// AVG. DMG. = 319 748
1. Anomalous Siege Ballista 20/20
2. Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks Support 1/20
3. Inspiration 20/20
4. Awakened Added Cold Damage Support 3/20
5. Increased Critical Damage Support 20/20
6. Faster Attacks Support 20/20 (for mapping)
AVG. DMG. with Barrage Support = 122 939

Life = 4167
Dex = 1845
Phys. Red. = 82% with all ballistas

https://pastebin.com/MgLSE0hB

Ps. As for the previous post, it was actually my mistake. Not this gem on POB. Nvm.
Last edited by MrPawello on Feb 22, 2022, 3:38:51 PM
Last edited by CyberMike13 on Feb 23, 2022, 11:42:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info