[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

Hey OP, while i've already quit the league like a month ago, i'm kinda happy i stumbled upon this guide today on reddit. I was not alone in building a sc tanky fr hiero it seems haha.

Personally, i feel like not using a cowards legacy is kind of a miss, provided how much dmg it gives, though. Shield charge is a playstyle that didn't quite feel right in my build, but i chose not to use fleshnstone and rely entirely on blind on hit instead, so there's that. I'd rather avoid being in melee range as totems.

Is Glancing blows really that good? I've tried it with a rumis and +1totems+12spellblock+life shield, but i didn't notice any difference in survival overall, while making it harder to cap res.

Oh, a magic mana ring on the left slot is MASSIVE in survival, so you might want to try slotting that in! Might be tough on res though, so crafting a +totem shield with implicit res like an archon might be better overall.

Anyway, gl!

edit: Spire of stones is a giant trap, losing 7%life or mana for like 12% extra totem life is just wrong imho. Specially so given that life&totemlife jewels are so cheap.
Last edited by Lisann on Sep 6, 2021, 2:37:44 PM
I did some testing, believe me. While cowards legacy is quite the dps boost, it is not needed while mapping as all rares get oneshot anyway. It also requires pathing to Pain Attunement, which I do not have the points for.

The loss of Pain Attunement is easily covered (and surpassed!) by being able to permanently sustain Righteous Fire, however I only use it for bossing as it limits survivability while mapping. Using a rare belt provides resistances and life/mana, if its a Stygian Vise it can even provide crit multi or other dps stats.

Shield charge is what it is, I don't love it either. It enables more or less permanent fortify and some speed while backtracking. One could use Vigilant Strike for example, still melee range. Flesh and Stone is huge, you should try it. Bossing is usally easier if in melee range anyway.

I tried a magic ring in both slots, but it felt way worse. Dream Fragments is absolutely huge, defensively and even provides damage through divine guidance.

In my guide I state that Spire of Stone is surpassed by a rare jewel with totem life and crit multi, however it was a cheap way of picking up CB immunity so I left it in. I wouldn't call it a trap though, 24% totem life is quite some damage.

Glancing Blows is amazing with a %mana recovery on block shield. Without mana recovery, probably not so much. I do have some videos in my guide that showcase some fairly rippy maps and showcase the builds tankyness fairly well imo.
Yeah, i was talking mostly about bossing, mapping is trivial with even 1/4th of our dps. Travel points for Pain attunement aren't so bad though, bunch of mana, some dex and a 2 pointer jewel socket; but i could totally see it not being used on a more defensive approach, which would also make getting res easier.

RF is kinda unrelated to Pain attunement, as any agnostic manastacking hiero can sustain it, with or without it imho. Point starveness coupled with the stats you miss out on the belt slot are a reason not to pick a cowards for sure though. It'd probably result in a ton more ehp that my build, i like that too. During bossing, while it's sketchy, i try to stay as far as possible from the boss (except on sirus obv), as it makes it easier to avoid projs and dmg while having lowish net regen from rf (laviangas is mvp in this regard i found, being able to flame dash while oom is huge, after tanking a nuke)

Oh, and don't take me wrong, yes, Dream frag is enormous and quite easily bis in most circumstances (the dmg inc is negligible tho, so lets skip it lol). On pob, i found that if you can cap resistances either way and can spare a reactive flask's suffix on antifreeze, a mana cerulean ring provides more mana overall and certainly better survival against boss crits which are quite deadly generally. Pretty niche mana concerns, and a non trivial crit immunity which i liked. Up to personal consideration for sure, and a case on case basis.

What i meant with the Spire of stones thing, as you correctly stated, it that you trade 7%life+12%totemlife for roughly 24%totem life+corrupted implicit. From my personal experience, cblood isn't such a threat for us, provided we use a staunching flask lol, so it's trading 7%life for a tiny tiny bit more damage. Just that. It may have been lost in translation though, i'm not a native english speaker and i'm quite rusty tbh, so sorry for that.

Perhaps %mana on block is simply better for us than %life on block with Glancing, i refrained from doing the math as i got the latter on 1st try.

Overall, as i said, i really liked how you laid out the build, most of your choises and that, as i steered in the same direction when i had to build my char on leaguestart haha. I can attest that my version can do rare the feared and all deathless, so yours that's tankier for cheaper can certainly do so aswell.

Cheers mate!
The reason for going mana on block is that we split damage to life and mana, however the hit we take to mana is a lot "bigger" due to agnostic draining even more to fill the life globe back up. Blocking lots of smaller hits then fills back up that mana globe, which is why the build feels borderline immortal while mapping. Until you get crit by some baran monsters on a -max extra damage map :D
Do you suggest using any watcher's eye?
I suggest using a crit multi while affected by precision Watchers Eye. If you have the currency, go for a mana recovery while affected by Clarity as your second stat.
"
nico5051 wrote:
Hi there! I'm having a lot of fun with this build.
I have a question: I have configured my PoB and I'm not even close to 20 million DPS (even though I'm close to 11,5 million).
What should I upgrade? (I know I have to level up a bit for the medium cluster)

Can't really see your tree, but if you don't have the right clusters/jewels yet that might be a big part, also get a 21/20 FR Gem that's probably the biggest upgrade, your helmet only has +1 levels of socketed gems but can roll +2 levels which would be quite big for assassins' mark and precision.

"
Lisann wrote:
Oh, a magic mana ring on the left slot is MASSIVE in survival, so you might want to try slotting that in! Might be tough on res though, so crafting a +totem shield with implicit res like an archon might be better overall.

I tried this as well, but it felt really bad and honestly survivability of this build is already top-notch unless you play HC I really wouldn't go for it.

I've quit the league now mainly because I don't have much time to play at the moment, but I've tried a few builds and it's safe to say that this is by far one of the best ones out there for 3.15. I'm also super confident that FR is gonna get nerfed. Thanks and see ya all next league.
Last edited by Prov1eh on Sep 7, 2021, 9:09:48 AM
Chris confirmed that FR is going to take a hit next league, no one in their right mind would think anything else.

"
Siza1337 wrote:
Chris confirmed that FR is going to take a hit next league, no one in their right mind would think anything else.

I get that, but whenever they nerf something I feel like they often nerf too harshly, I'd much prefer it if they buffed other skills that aren't as strong instead of nerfing the ones that are really strong, anyway, fingers crossed it won't be dead next league.
My guess is they add some "less damage if not selfcast" or "less life if cast by totems". But its GGG, they might hit it with the good old triple nerf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info