[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

So, I just tried this build with the items that I had, and borrowed some gear from a friend to fill out what I didn't -- basically I ate ~30% XP trying to do Catarina (yes I know how the fight works) and Delve (I'm at a low depth still (271)). This seems way less tanky than the arcane cloak build I was running, so back to my old build. At least the items I bought can be reused for another totem build post FR nerf!
You must have really messed something up in the gearing or passive tree if you die regularly with this build. The build is not immortal, but it also does not die very often if the defenses are set up correctly.

At least make your profile viewable so I can check.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 7, 2021, 5:43:23 PM
"
Avolantyr wrote:
So, I just tried this build with the items that I had, and borrowed some gear from a friend to fill out what I didn't -- basically I ate ~30% XP trying to do Catarina (yes I know how the fight works) and Delve (I'm at a low depth still (271)). This seems way less tanky than the arcane cloak build I was running, so back to my old build. At least the items I bought can be reused for another totem build post FR nerf!

Can you at least show your character or the PoB of your character so we can check? In another post you mention you've only started playing PoE last league, are you sure you know the fights and your setup was correct? You shouldn't struggle with this build, I did A8 Sirus and majority of end game bosses without dying.

Last edited by Prov1eh on Sep 7, 2021, 6:35:41 PM
I wish to explain this again, this build is not particularly "tanky" against big hits, do not expect to tank the totempole-beam from Catarina or a Shaper slam for example. This build performs very well in maps and feels almost immortal most of the time, but bossing still requires knowledge of the fights and manual dodging. That being said, it should still be much more forgiving against bosses compared to other builds.

Most people were complaining about the general squishyness of their FR Totem builds, especially while mapping (Zizaran for example). This is what I wanted to adress with my build and I think I managed it quite well.

Also, If you're struggling with the build, I'll gladly take a look and give you advice - but please, before asking questions read the defensive concepts section in the guide again. It's crucial to understand where the tankyness comes from. There are a few breakpoints that need to be met so the build feels really good.

Edit: I'll add this post to the guide as a disclaimer, I don't want there to be any misunderstandings. As someone who hates bullshit-guides that showcase white T16s in their videos, claiming 123m dps with ominous shocks ticked in their PoBs, this is something that is important to me.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 8, 2021, 9:37:35 AM
How does Touch of Cruelty work with totem? The notable states that you have to apply the hinder debuff to get the bonus increased damage taken. Can the notable somehow work with totem?
Hi Siza1337 thanks for this amazing build I have a lot of fun with this build.

I have the problem that I often die in the maps with beyond.

can you look at my character and tell me what i could improve?

Best Regards
Scu
Not quite sure what to tell you, your gear and tree look ok. Are you keeping up fortify and your rumi flask?
Maybe I have reduce block chance on the map.

Which map mods should one avoid?
I added this to the FAQ section:

Map mods?
The build can handle pretty much any map mods apart from no regeneration.
Adapt to a more careful playstyle when rolling reduced block, especially when combined with any damage/crit mods.
-max resist shoudl'nt be a problem, but don't turn on RF when you reach the maps boss unless you are absolutely sure you can nuke the boss within seconds. I actually died to baran once because of this. :D
are you not using Immortal call ? with the 4 Enduring charges ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info