[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

I have 4ex right now and I'm struggling to find what would be the best use of my currency to get my damage up a bit more. Survivability is fine right now in T10 maps.

"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I have 4ex right now and I'm struggling to find what would be the best use of my currency to get my damage up a bit more. Survivability is fine right now in T10 maps.

6l soul mantle.
The 6th link would probably be the most damage for you, thats 130+ crit multi. You are missing a %mana on block shield though.
I managed to pick up a cheap % mana on block shield with life/resists. Just don't know how much I'm going to miss that 5th totem for forbidden rite.

I swapped the Inc. Crit Strikes with Inc. Crit Damage just to see what the tooltip damage would show, and it was only like a 3-4k increase. Still don't know how to calculate it with the 6l in POB though.

I just really hate spending currency because I'm so terrible at making it -_-

POB: https://pastebin.com/66q3R0UC

Shows that I have 385k damage with all primary projectiles. Isn't there a way to simulate the curses that I have on myself or no?
Last edited by Windfuriouss on Sep 3, 2021, 11:55:24 AM
Just crafted a shield for this, cost way too much currency and turned out okay-ish, but the #% mana on block really makes a big difference, just wish would be easier to get a shield with +1 totems and #% mana on block, not even many in trade out there.

"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I managed to pick up a cheap % mana on block shield with life/resists. Just don't know how much I'm going to miss that 5th totem for forbidden rite.

I swapped the Inc. Crit Strikes with Inc. Crit Damage just to see what the tooltip damage would show, and it was only like a 3-4k increase. Still don't know how to calculate it with the 6l in POB though.

I just really hate spending currency because I'm so terrible at making it -_-

POB: https://pastebin.com/66q3R0UC

Shows that I have 385k damage with all primary projectiles. Isn't there a way to simulate the curses that I have on myself or no?

I just checked your char:

- Biggest upgrade would still be a 6l, don't focus on anything else, get that 6l, +1 totems is nice but you have a lot of other/cheaper/better upgrades
- None of your gems have quality, this is quite a lot of DPS loss, at least get 20% quality on FR or if you can afford buy a 21/20 FR gem and at least quality 20% all the other gems at their current level
- Get Ironwood Anoint on your amulet, massive DPS boost and/or buy a new amulet with Ironwood Anoint and some Crit Multi, Spell Dmg, Mana, Life
- Your cluster jewel setup is not great either, they aren't the right clusters and you could at least respec one point from the empty jewel socket in the middle and instead take snaring spirits in your cluster jewel for slow & dmg
- If you need more resists when you swap out some gear upgrade your belt or boots, you can get 40% of fire,cold,lightning res there a lot easier than on amulet or the like but at the moment you're quite over-capped anyway
- You also want to have your auras/curses in your helmet for the +2 socketed gems level, put wither and the like into your gloves, if possible in gloves with +# faster casting as affix
- do your 4th lab divine guidance is quite some DPS and a huge defense boost
- Another relatively cheap upgrade would be to get another rain of splinters, you have the worst possible with 50% reduced totem damage, try to look for something closer to 30% shouldn't cost much
Last edited by Prov1eh on Sep 3, 2021, 5:02:46 PM
Yeah, good shields are very scarce.

An alternative for shaper gloves would be elder boots with the "supported by level x spell totem". These could be way cheaper, you use faster casting gem instead. Might also make it easier to get dex/resists on gloves.

Edit: Boots like that also provide either global totem placement speed or totem damage on the same affix. However, I feel like the global cast speed from the shaper gloves would be better for QOL purposes.
Just gotta get creative, there are a lot of options. Imo, going from 15 to 20m dps doesn't matter too much once you get the defenses sorted out so you just dont die.

Regarding +1 totem shields: You will not notice it during mapping, but you will do a lot less damage on bosses. Look at this as an opportunity to get better at boss mechanics. Or keep another shield handy for bosses.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 3, 2021, 7:51:12 PM
Hello,

Bandits is help Alira?
Alira would be the best bandit to help, yes. All resists to make gearing easier, flat mana regen and crit multi.
Sorry for the dumb question, i never played totems.
I have a tabula for leveling and was wondering what would be a good 6-link gem setup for leveling with holy flame totem up to 68?
Thanks!
Last edited by Cykyter on Sep 4, 2021, 1:32:54 PM
I used added fire damage, combustion, faster casting, controlled destruction and later on fire penetration. You can also use the Flammability curse and I would advise using Scorching Ray to further lower the resistance of enemies through exposure. This even works once you grab Ancestral Bond, even though Scorcing Ray will no longer deal damage it still applies the exposure.

You might run into some mana issues when levelling with a tabula which is why I recommend grabbing most mana nodes first.

Using two Perandus rings helps a ton with mana while levelling before you can equip Dream Fragments.

Edit: Also consider getting a +1 phys/fire wand (if you have the currency, two of them) to boost the level of Holy Flame Totem. Preferably with cast speed and projectile speed. It's quite easy to get +1 wands from Gwennen on a level 2 character. Can also be sceptres of course, but these can't roll proj speed I believe.

Edit 2: If you can afford a +2 projectile Tabula Rasa and a +1 wand, maybe even two, you will breeze through acts. The Karui Ward amulet will help with strentgh and dex and also provide damage, movement speed and projectile speed. I think I had mine on until Blood Aqueducts lol

Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 4, 2021, 2:15:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info