[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

Dream Fragments provides damage, defense and immunity all the time. I wouldn't want to trade that for some crit reduction.
What do you think about playing with Torchoak Step instead of rare boots? I can still manage to be res capped, but I do sacrifice some life for it, mine aren't perfectly divined yet but if they were 50% Totem Life is a lot.

Last edited by Prov1eh on Sep 2, 2021, 6:41:00 AM
Torchoak Step is a big damage boost, however I felt more comfortable with rare boots as they allow for more flexible resitance capping, especially when going for 40%+ chaos resistance. Also, I didn't really feel the need for more damage - check how fast Sirus dies in my latest video. Also, you lose life, mana and potentially movement speed by not using rares.

If you can cap out your resists and get decent chaos res through other items, by all means, use Torchoak Step.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 2, 2021, 10:17:15 AM
I'm looking into swapping to this from that Manabond/Indigon/Mjolner/Arcane Cloak/MoM build which is way too glass cannon/conditional for safe leveling IMO. What do you consider good chaos resist? Based on my current work in progress POB, I'm sitting at 46% with Torchoak, if I use my rare boots I get to 76%. I'm not sure what to do since I am about 400 life short of your reference build, and 900 mana short. Also instead of annointing Ironwood, I was thinking of getting Arcane Swiftness instead to get 62/68 block before flask. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
I'd say 40%+ chaos res is "safe" for most content, maybe you want some more when doing the feared as chayula hits like a truck. Damagewise, you would have to test how it feels with/without torchoak step - I can't really comment on that, depends on the rest of your gear.

As for life/mana: I'd recommend getting to around 4000 health with an appropriate mana pool after reservations. I recommend using ghazzys MoM calculator. At 4k HP, you should have at least 2667 unreserved mana, I'd recommend about 200-300 more so you could actually use spells after getting chunked.

Regarding the annointment: Ironwood is just big damage. Arcane swiftness does not provide any spell block and I am already at 68/62 before flask, assuming Tempest Shield is up. I don't think Arcane Swiftness is very good, but again, do whatever feels right :)
Thanks for the reply! I'm not really doing a whole lot right now seeing that that huge XP loss on death makes me feel like I'll never level up again (currently level 96). It's just so weird with my current build I can do a juiced T16 easily but die on a T12 normal map (I blame the screen covering AoE). Right now I think I just want to focus on Alva and Delve content, I don't care about bossing.

Definitely struggling to get to life and mana up, POB has me at 3397 life, and 2253 unreserved mana, with "1845.6 mana regen, and +1552.1 net mana regen" -- a lot of these things don't make much sense to me but I'll look at that calculator. I'm pretty new to this game; I only started playing a few weeks before Ultimatum league ended so my character is on standard. And as you know, gearing in standard is ridiculous so I'm trying to re-use some of my current kit where possible.

POB tells me my 3 biggest DPS boosts are Arcane Swiftness, Corruption and Ironwood. I was looking at Swiftness for stun avoidance since I run Lunaris. I haven't respecced into this build yet since I'm missing 7 of the required skill gems, but you know half the fun is driving yourself nuts with PoB planning.
Honestly, DPS on this build is great already simply by stacking totem life, encounters might take slightly longer but go for defense until that feels good and then you can still think about getting more DPS, but honestly RF totems in it's current state are crazy. 40% chaos res should feel fine, you don't really need to go higher.
Not finding a non-crafted spell block shield is rough :(
Using rainbowstrides atm which means I have no life from boots :(
Last edited by Recovary on Sep 2, 2021, 5:39:20 PM
You could probably get a shield with no/less spellblock but a lot more life instead. The point is to get the build to a working state, once you can map and level up without dying every other map you can make more currency and upgrade further.
Maybe run a live search for +1 totems and mana gain on block, I'm sure something will pop up - if you're lucky it might even have an open suffix for spellblock.
I’ve done all content with this build. From Sirus A9 to The Feared. This is definitely the best FR build out there. Just sucks that Chris Wilson said in an interview recently that FR is getting nerfed next league. So enjoy the build while you can!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info