[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Leimus wrote:
"
Crcsh wrote:
Would appreciate it if a more experienced player looked at my POB and give me some advice

You don't have agnostic picked on the tree on your PoB at least. Take it, it's the core of this build. No wonder you die often if you don't have it. You have enough mana regen to sustain it somewhat.

Reroll your mana flask. The reduced mana cost of skills is making you deal less damage.

You desperately need a watcher's eye with clarity causing 10% of damage to go to mana before life. They are somewhat expensive even if you aren't looking for one that has multiple useful mods: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/5e6YmTa (if you can't afford one, just make the other changes and get this later)

You should also grab a 2 node small armour cluster with Stubborn Student, and add it to your second slot in your large cluster. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/z0LnWm2U4 This one is quite cheap, but adds a ton of armour for your character, making it more durable.

These changes would result in a tree like: https://pastebin.com/Aa9kC1gW which requires you to delevel your sniper's mark once or twice due to lost dexterity, but it's not an issue (sell the gem with scouring orb to vendor for -1 level iirc or was it regret? one delevels once, one resets to level 1). Now your build should feel far more tanky, and the changes are relatively cheap too. Removed points from bottom of the tree and some life nodes, added also Forethought and some mana/mana regen nodes to help boost mana regen levels for Agnostic.

Other things that could be useful: make sure arcane cloak is set to left click and consider trying to find immune to silence curse implicit in one of your jewels. It's nice to not get silenced. Tempered mind jewel is cheap, so getting it on that could be worth it: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/elJEwniL

Be also careful with that level 19+ Wave of conviction when you run phys reflect maps. It can kill you if you manage to hit some large pack with it. It's suggested to be left at level 1 since it's just used for the expose.

After that you'd be looking for more expensive upgrades, like Unnatural Instinct jewel and Stygian Vise with mana recovery rate. But each of those is multiple exalted orbs worth.

Oh the points you mentioned are really interesting, I didn't really think far into it like that. I didn't pick Agnostic yet because in the guide Enki said it might make me struggle to survive with it do to mana regen. I didn't really know how it would go for me with how far I am.

I have around 6ex right now, so I'll see what I can do with it to upgrade to keep me more alive often. I've died like 50 times so far, but obviously I don't wanna keep losing exp that often.

I'll keep all your points in my and incorporate them in the build, thanks for the advice.
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
AlvanJustice wrote:
Recently managed to hit 1.2M DPS on ball lightning, and can comfortably down A8 Sirius, uber elder with no deaths.

[...]

PB if anyone's interested: https://pastebin.com/3qQ9XzTN

Also, has anyone tried to push our ball lightning DPS beyond 5M? can't seem to push ball lightning dps beyond 2M no matter how i fiddle around with POB.

Hello
First of all i am glad i could help but you are missing some important info about your dps .. you can calculate your dps with the calculator that enki suggested (you are already doing over 10m dps i believe) and you are also missing some important check marks on your pob configuration for example exposure type mana spend onslaught if you got any power charges endurance charges and frenzy if you are using blood rage.

[...]

there are always more upgrades that can be done try these for now and good luck

Thank you both, this PoB pastebin and the relative refinements are a huge help. I was struggling with survivability, now I know where to go next at least.

@Sorenalike: I see you mention a DPS calculator suggested by Enki, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you point me to it?
"
garravich wrote:
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
AlvanJustice wrote:
Recently managed to hit 1.2M DPS on ball lightning, and can comfortably down A8 Sirius, uber elder with no deaths.

[...]

PB if anyone's interested: https://pastebin.com/3qQ9XzTN

Also, has anyone tried to push our ball lightning DPS beyond 5M? can't seem to push ball lightning dps beyond 2M no matter how i fiddle around with POB.

Hello
First of all i am glad i could help but you are missing some important info about your dps .. you can calculate your dps with the calculator that enki suggested (you are already doing over 10m dps i believe) and you are also missing some important check marks on your pob configuration for example exposure type mana spend onslaught if you got any power charges endurance charges and frenzy if you are using blood rage.

[...]

there are always more upgrades that can be done try these for now and good luck

Thank you both, this PoB pastebin and the relative refinements are a huge help. I was struggling with survivability, now I know where to go next at least.

@Sorenalike: I see you mention a DPS calculator suggested by Enki, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you point me to it?

hey
its mentioned in enki guide

"Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/2TWTQ5z3
(Read the Notes inside to set it up properly!)
Requires the Path of Building Community Fork"
"
Crcsh wrote:
"
Leimus wrote:
"
Crcsh wrote:
Would appreciate it if a more experienced player looked at my POB and give me some advice

You don't have agnostic picked on the tree on your PoB at least. Take it, it's the core of this build. No wonder you die often if you don't have it. You have enough mana regen to sustain it somewhat.

Reroll your mana flask. The reduced mana cost of skills is making you deal less damage.

You desperately need a watcher's eye with clarity causing 10% of damage to go to mana before life. They are somewhat expensive even if you aren't looking for one that has multiple useful mods: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/5e6YmTa (if you can't afford one, just make the other changes and get this later)

You should also grab a 2 node small armour cluster with Stubborn Student, and add it to your second slot in your large cluster. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/z0LnWm2U4 This one is quite cheap, but adds a ton of armour for your character, making it more durable.

These changes would result in a tree like: https://pastebin.com/Aa9kC1gW which requires you to delevel your sniper's mark once or twice due to lost dexterity, but it's not an issue (sell the gem with scouring orb to vendor for -1 level iirc or was it regret? one delevels once, one resets to level 1). Now your build should feel far more tanky, and the changes are relatively cheap too. Removed points from bottom of the tree and some life nodes, added also Forethought and some mana/mana regen nodes to help boost mana regen levels for Agnostic.

Other things that could be useful: make sure arcane cloak is set to left click and consider trying to find immune to silence curse implicit in one of your jewels. It's nice to not get silenced. Tempered mind jewel is cheap, so getting it on that could be worth it: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/elJEwniL

Be also careful with that level 19+ Wave of conviction when you run phys reflect maps. It can kill you if you manage to hit some large pack with it. It's suggested to be left at level 1 since it's just used for the expose.

After that you'd be looking for more expensive upgrades, like Unnatural Instinct jewel and Stygian Vise with mana recovery rate. But each of those is multiple exalted orbs worth.

Oh the points you mentioned are really interesting, I didn't really think far into it like that. I didn't pick Agnostic yet because in the guide Enki said it might make me struggle to survive with it do to mana regen. I didn't really know how it would go for me with how far I am.

I have around 6ex right now, so I'll see what I can do with it to upgrade to keep me more alive often. I've died like 50 times so far, but obviously I don't wanna keep losing exp that often.

I'll keep all your points in my and incorporate them in the build, thanks for the advice.

Your advice really saved the build for me, Thank You.

I bought the stuff you mentioned and I changed my passive tree what to what you suggested. Went to do 5 t15 and 3 t16 maps and it was really nice, I haven't died a single time. I really felt how much agnostic was saving me when going into crowds of monsters and fighting them it came close a few times but it really saved me multiple times. Also, I went to deep delve and my HP literally doesn't go down until 200 darkness stacks. Surprised how changing a few things transformed the feeling of the build for me. Hopefully I can kill Sirus this time after some leveling since now I can stay alive.
I saw Enki91's video of the Maze of the Minotaur kill but the damage was so low. It took forever to kill the Minotaur. I sincerely doubt his character can kill Sirus A8 it lacks so much single target damage. I hope Enki91 will post a video of a Sirus A8 kill. I guess he has no time to post a video of a Sirus A8 kill. Disappointing actually. Very disappointing. I saw Enki91's POB and it lacks so much single target damage. But I would be surprised if Enki91 posted a video of a Sirus A8 kill and if he did manage to find time in his busy schedule to post a video of a Sirus A8 kill I would think that it would not be this ball lightning build and it would be some other different type of build. I mean I like the build a lot don't get me wrong but looking at his POB just lacks so much single target damage. After looking at Enki91's POB there is not a snowball's chance in hell of killing A8 Sirus.
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
I saw Enki91's video of the Maze of the Minotaur kill but the damage was so low. It took forever to kill the Minotaur. I sincerely doubt his character can kill Sirus A8 it lacks so much single target damage. I hope Enki91 will post a video of a Sirus A8 kill. I guess he has no time to post a video of a Sirus A8 kill. Disappointing actually. Very disappointing. I saw Enki91's POB and it lacks so much single target damage. But I would be surprised if Enki91 posted a video of a Sirus A8 kill and if he did manage to find time in his busy schedule to post a video of a Sirus A8 kill I would think that it would not be this ball lightning build and it would be some other different type of build. I mean I like the build a lot don't get me wrong but looking at his POB just lacks so much single target damage. After looking at Enki91's POB there is not a snowball's chance in hell of killing A8 Sirus.

Personally I have total faith that this build could easily down A8/9 sirus. This builds weak point isn't a single strong mob, it's getting swarmed and not being able to escape the swarm. Sirus has no minions. If you know the fight and move well you ought to be able to do it deathless.
Single-target damage isn't fantastic but it's not too shabby. This build isn't weak offensively, it's weak defensively. It doesn't like swarms of mobs and it doesn't like degen ground effects which effectively leave you without mana and therefore defenceless.
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:

Hello i am not sure what are you checking but even basic gear you can easily hit 10mil dps with it and right now i am sitting on 27mil dps with BL without counting OOS (using enki provided dps calculator ) what you see in POB is not the correct dps... i am tanky as F and i eat bosses for dinner .. i mean warlords can't even phase out it takes like 2 sec to kill them
Its a beginner friendly build rest is up to you how far you wanna get it its not like he limited his build for you
i would say enki did a perfect job with how he manage to gear his templar up in Private league but still he is limited
GL
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 1, 2021, 6:32:54 PM
Hi, I'm new, it's my first league, I was trying to follow the guide but I don't know how to improve my build. I would appreciate if someone with experience guides me a bit.
https://pastebin.com/m8RV8J5Q

Sorry for my basic English :)
I'm no expert at this but I can see straight away you have very low life and no instant heal flask. If you haven't gone with an instant heal or rapid heal modifier you definitely should go eternal life rather than divine life. Eternal flasks work twice as fast as divine flasks.

Your watchers eye desperately needs replacing with a 10% dmg to mana eye. Mine doesn't have an applicable second mod for wrath. Can't say I miss it.

You don't need the eight points spent at the bottom of the tree for the flask nodes, you can save eight points there, and you don't need the four points going to divine judgement which isn't half as good as it looks. Saving those 12 points will allow you to take the life/chaos res wheel on the left of the tree and a couple of life points further down on the left and leave you some points to improve your cluster gems wheels.

I think cinderswallow is a wasted flask slot on this build. OoS will proc onslaught regularly. Replace it with an ample diamond flask of the order ( buy it, you wont be able to roll it, of the order is a veiled mod craft). That diamond flask raises crit chance massively and so your elemental overload will proc a lot more.

Im sure others will find further issues for you to work on.

"
Thayaric wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply. If I did not misunderstand the modifications that you suggested are these:

https://pastebin.com/WJjGYgqF

I was following them through the google translator, I hope I was not wrong.
If anyone has any more suggestions please tell me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info