[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
AlvanJustice wrote:
Been having a blast with this build once I started stacking cast speed. Capable of clearing maps fast and sirius A8 without dying.

btw has anyone tested if the AOE per quality or elemental damage per quality enchant is better?

Hey man what is your lvl/equipment?

I just hit 88 recently I am very further in "upgrade gear order" and I am so often dying. It's just ridiculous.

The only way I made from 87 to 88 was with 65-100% in the Alva temple (lvl of temple was 77).

Now I was at 45% in 88 to 89 and T11 Dark Forest Boss map wrecked me and got back to 0%.

I have res all res capped to 75%,
3.8k life
7.1k mana
5L Pledge of Hands
5L Cloak of Defiance
Very pricy Healthy Mind/cluster jewell etc.

I have 2 ex and around ~~40c which I am saving for 6L Pledge of Hands but I am not sure if it's gonna help me anyway cuz Im doing so muuuch.
Is there any defensive technique which I am missing? I can invest a lot into it.

What I am doing wrong?

I am struggling with quick-insta kill situations like during expedition, that's why I only do 2-3 detonations instead of 5 to not die.
Also it is generally more safe to run "tunnel like" maps like Malformation or Cursed Crypt where I can spam ball of lightning in the small corridor/doors.

My biggest issue is a Ball of Lightning cast animation and then I am unable to jump out with Leap Slam.
Last edited by werpollin on Aug 23, 2021, 6:56:38 AM
Amongst my adventure in the atlas, I found this

and replaced my helmet with it. So far so good. I am farming for the Song of the Sekhema prophecy so I can upgrade it.
"
werpollin wrote:
"
AlvanJustice wrote:
Been having a blast with this build once I started stacking cast speed. Capable of clearing maps fast and sirius A8 without dying.

btw has anyone tested if the AOE per quality or elemental damage per quality enchant is better?

Hey man what is your lvl/equipment?

I just hit 88 recently I am very further in "upgrade gear order" and I am so often dying. It's just ridiculous.

The only way I made from 87 to 88 was with 65-100% in the Alva temple (lvl of temple was 77).

Now I was at 45% in 88 to 89 and T11 Dark Forest Boss map wrecked me and got back to 0%.

3.8k life
7.1k mana
5L Pledge of Hands
5L Cloak of Defiance

I have 2 ex and around ~~40c which I am saving for 6L Pledge of Hands but I am not sure if it's gonna help me anyway cuz Im doing so muuuch.
Is there any defensive technique which I am missing? I can invest a lot into it.

What I am doing wrong?

I am struggling with quick-insta kill situations like during expedition, that's why I only do 2-3 detonations instead of 5 to not die.
Also it is generally more safe to run "tunnel like" maps like Malformation or Cursed Crypt where I can spam ball of lightning in the small corridor/doors.

My biggest issue is a Ball of Lightning cast animation and then I am unable to jump out with Leap Slam.

you can check out my character by clicking on my profile, or use this pb: https://pastebin.com/ajAUimzw

Meanwhile I'd also like to consult the pros, how do ppl even reach millions of DPS? My POB (link ^) only shows 700k dps for ball lightning.
"
AlvanJustice wrote:

you can check out my character by clicking on my profile, or use this pb: https://pastebin.com/ajAUimzw

I've checked and found some interesting node trees. Does the block with stuff actually helps with defence? Maybe I'll try to use it.

Just died three times at Baron t12 map... Went from full mana/life in one shot. Lost from ~~50% to ~~20%.

Could u share some defensive techniques with me?
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
dart_vedro40 wrote:

Cluster jewel with culling strike and unnerve will be here.

There is no supercharge + corrosive elements on poetrade. Scintillating gives 10k more dps then supercharge in POB. Scintillating + display + supercharge/corr elements cost around 50ex. Even if i take corr elements, it will be too hard to obtain ring with CurseOnHit together with top rolls of mana, hp, and resists. As i understand, there is no dps boost in abandoning arcanist brand, just more comfortable playstyle. So its too expensive.

All mobs, exept expedition mobs die instantly with BL and GMP without arcanist. So i use arcanist just for bosses and strong encounters without clearspeed loses.

I watched at POB and anomalous spell echo gives 30k more dps. Maybe POB calculate it wrong?

Not everything you see in POB is right .. its a amazing program but not always right.. arcanist brand is not instant takes time while curse on hit and exposure on hits are instant (how long does it take for you to kill a map boss ? more than two second that you need extra casts ? :D) .. also its not that hard to get a cluster jewel.. you can go with basics like corrosive elements + disorienting display and work towards super charge later on .. your LB dps is between 25 and 468 ... i guess you prefer to have chance to hit low damage with it ?? instead of having lucky on top of that to roll the damage twice for you and give you the highest possible damage ? math:
It depends on the damage range but your average damage when lucky is roughly equal to

(min+2*max)/3

so when compared to the normal average damage of

(min+max)/2

you get that the ratio is

2(min+2*max)/3(min+max)

which for min = max results in 1 or 100%.

For example, if we assume a value of say 10 to 1000 lightning damage, we get

2(10+2000)/3(10+1000) = 1.327

or 32.7% more average damage.

(math is not done by me so it might be off slightly or by a lot in large numbers but you get point)

curse on hit ring is too hard ? have you even checked ? i got mine for 10 c the most expensive ones are like 2ex ... i am not sure if we are playing the same league or you are searching it right.
its not just about damage with abandoning arcanist brand you open the slot for new defensive and offensive gems like RF which provide damage multiplier i dont think there any ability that provides damage more than that.

and i said awakened spell echo not anomalous

But in case of this build the main sourse of base light damage is archmage and arcane cloak. Their damage, scaled from mana, dousn't have damage range mechanic. They grant permament 1.5k base damage, and damage gained from BL, Wraith and Sigil together gives just 100 - 700 and so actual range in build is 1610 + 2345. (2(1610 + 2345 *2)) / (3(1610 + 2345))=1.0619. ​

In POB Scintillating gives +8k vs sirus and -2k without debuffs. it perfectly correlate with difference between 6.1more and 5%pene and 20%mana. Therefore supercharge don't OP in this build.

There are literally no rings with t1 mana, t1 life, curse, at least 50 mana regen, and at least 30 total ele. It's to painfull to have less then 9000 mana and 3000 hp.

For RF i need one free gem slot. OoS dousn't have damage, so there are no loses if i will just use it as crit and onslought generator and free 4 sockets.

POB gives anomalous Spell Echo more dps. Maybe POB is wrong in calculating. Maybe difference in +10% inc cast speed, 10 less dmg, and greater spell echo ruin this 25% bonus, becouse with greaterSE wokeSE have a chance to double damage once per 3 balls, and without greaterSE wokeSE have a chance to double damage once per 2 balls. So pledge of hands makes 25% chance of wokeSE worse by 1.5.
Last edited by dart_vedro40 on Aug 23, 2021, 10:30:05 AM
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

Unavailable

and replaced my helmet with it. So far so good. I am farming for the Song of the Sekhema prophecy so I can upgrade it.

I can't tell if you are trolling :d
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I prefer the aoe enchant personally, as my damage is already quite good.
"
werpollin wrote:

3.8k life
7.1k mana
5L Pledge of Hands
5L Cloak of Defiance

What I am doing wrong?

Looking at your character, you're currently at about 7100 mana, 1400 mana regen and 3800 life.

Your Healthy Mind is in a wrong socket. It needs to be at the one next to Mystic Bulwark node at top of your tree to get the most out of it. This build lives and dies based on mana and mana regeneration. Simple swap. Lose some life down to 3600ish, 7450 mana, 1450 mana regen.

Second point is that you should go for the unique neck Atziri's Foible. You can get one for 10 chaos, and putting mind drinker on it for starters isn't too expensive either. Cheap thing that does wonders to your mana. Down to 3400 life, 8k mana, 1725 mana regen (can be bit more too if you manage a better than average rolled neck). You do lose some chaos resists by doing this, but don't worry, you have way more than is needed for mapping. If you're above 0% chaos resists, I'd say you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Buy a Small Cluster jewel with 2 nodes, one of them being Mindfullness. Cost maybe 5-10c. Bonus points for it having mana regen on the small node. Socket it in one of the slots in your large cluster. The one passive point out of the other socket that isn't used, and one point out of the 4% life and 4% chaos resist. 3350 life, 8300 mana, 2000 mana regen.

You need to run the last lab. It gives you 4 endurance charges and 4 power charges. First one makes you more durable. 3350 life now with 8400 mana, 2100 mana regen.

You can keep doing upgrades like 6-link pledge, watcher's eye for clarity giving you 10% more damage transfer to mana (huge defensive increase), etc. But you can quite simply make those earlier mentioned things to fix a lot of it for dirt cheap. It won't make the build all the sudden work like a wonder, but it's a good starting point.

I play this character with 3500ish life, 9250 mana, 3150 mana regen, and it's quite durable. Enki's example build has over 4k mana regen with endgame gear. You just need to focus on upgrading it bit by bit to have more and more mana and mana regen. If you don't have a huge amount of mana regen, agnostic won't keep you alive that well, and you'll just die over and over to chip damage as you're out of mana, and all the damage goes to life instead.

https://pastebin.com/pbyANp5j for the cheaply altered tree of yours for PoB import.

Edit: some number edits since I ended up unequipping one of your rings in the middle of all it. Now it should be fine.
Last edited by Leimus on Aug 23, 2021, 12:30:30 PM
Whoops ignore this, forum didn't quote correctly.
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Aug 23, 2021, 5:02:08 PM
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:

I can't tell if you are trolling :d

What do you mean?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info