[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

would disciple of kitava be good in this build just got it as a drop
Last edited by Schiz0GamerTTV on Aug 22, 2021, 7:24:00 AM
"
dart_vedro40 wrote:

Cluster jewel with culling strike and unnerve will be here.

There is no supercharge + corrosive elements on poetrade. Scintillating gives 10k more dps then supercharge in POB. Scintillating + display + supercharge/corr elements cost around 50ex. Even if i take corr elements, it will be too hard to obtain ring with CurseOnHit together with top rolls of mana, hp, and resists. As i understand, there is no dps boost in abandoning arcanist brand, just more comfortable playstyle. So its too expensive.

All mobs, exept expedition mobs die instantly with BL and GMP without arcanist. So i use arcanist just for bosses and strong encounters without clearspeed loses.

I watched at POB and anomalous spell echo gives 30k more dps. Maybe POB calculate it wrong?

Not everything you see in POB is right .. its a amazing program but not always right.. arcanist brand is not instant takes time while curse on hit and exposure on hits are instant (how long does it take for you to kill a map boss ? more than two second that you need extra casts ? :D) .. also its not that hard to get a cluster jewel.. you can go with basics like corrosive elements + disorienting display and work towards super charge later on .. your LB dps is between 25 and 468 ... i guess you prefer to have chance to hit low damage with it ?? instead of having lucky on top of that to roll the damage twice for you and give you the highest possible damage ? math:
It depends on the damage range but your average damage when lucky is roughly equal to

(min+2*max)/3

so when compared to the normal average damage of

(min+max)/2

you get that the ratio is

2(min+2*max)/3(min+max)

which for min = max results in 1 or 100%.

For example, if we assume a value of say 10 to 1000 lightning damage, we get

2(10+2000)/3(10+1000) = 1.327

or 32.7% more average damage.

(math is not done by me so it might be off slightly or by a lot in large numbers but you get point)

curse on hit ring is too hard ? have you even checked ? i got mine for 10 c the most expensive ones are like 2ex ... i am not sure if we are playing the same league or you are searching it right.
its not just about damage with abandoning arcanist brand you open the slot for new defensive and offensive gems like RF which provide damage multiplier i dont think there any ability that provides damage more than that.

and i said awakened spell echo not anomalous
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 22, 2021, 8:50:42 AM
Would crown of inward eye be a viable end game choice?

"Transfiguration of Mind: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Mana also apply to Damage at 30% of their value" I don't know if this applies to us with lightning damage or not.

Edit has anyone tried out indigon with this build?
Last edited by Speedohdk on Aug 22, 2021, 11:32:21 AM
"
Speedohdk wrote:

"Transfiguration of Mind: Increases and Reductions to Maximum Mana also apply to Damage at 30% of their value" I don't know if this applies to us with lightning damage or not.

For crown you already get the transfiguration of mind from your ascendancy so no point ...
and for indigon yes eats a lot not viable
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Speedohdk wrote:

For crown you already get the transfiguration of mind from your ascendancy so no point ...
and for indigon yes eats a lot not viable

Oh i see, thank you
Would Zealotry be a viable option to replace Wrath?

Watcher’s Eye combo with Clarity 6-10 damage taken from mana + Cast Speed from Zealotry are similar price range for Crit mod for Wrath I currently have in slot. PoB shows a small dmg improvement and we get more Cast Speed.

Any suggestions?
im dumb, sorry
Last edited by Abbosss on Aug 23, 2021, 12:47:32 AM
"
Coxzor wrote:
Would Zealotry be a viable option to replace Wrath?

Watcher’s Eye combo with Clarity 6-10 damage taken from mana + Cast Speed from Zealotry are similar price range for Crit mod for Wrath I currently have in slot. PoB shows a small dmg improvement and we get more Cast Speed.

Any suggestions?

Yes i played with zealotry last league pretty decent if you can find a good watcher eye i recommend having the cast speed atleast with it
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 23, 2021, 4:13:59 AM
"
would disciple of kitava be good in this build just got it as a drop

idk man feels risky 10% damage taken is a lot actually
Been having a blast with this build once I started stacking cast speed. Capable of clearing maps fast and sirius A8 without dying.

btw has anyone tested if the AOE per quality or elemental damage per quality enchant is better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info