[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Hey guys how are you all reaching 3000+ mana regen? I am at around 2600 right now with arcane cloak active and don't see how to improve it much more. Here is my PoB....https://pastebin.com/sPyvgZHR
Last edited by welly321 on Aug 24, 2021, 11:32:59 AM
"
Leimus wrote:
Looking at your character, you're currently at about 7100 mana, 1400 mana regen and 3800 life.

Your Healthy Mind is in a wrong socket. It needs to be at the one next to Mystic Bulwark node at top of your tree to get the most out of it. This build lives and dies based on mana and mana regeneration. Simple swap. Lose some life down to 3600ish, 7450 mana, 1450 mana regen.

Second point is that you should go for the unique neck Atziri's Foible. You can get one for 10 chaos, and putting mind drinker on it for starters isn't too expensive either. Cheap thing that does wonders to your mana. Down to 3400 life, 8k mana, 1725 mana regen (can be bit more too if you manage a better than average rolled neck). You do lose some chaos resists by doing this, but don't worry, you have way more than is needed for mapping. If you're above 0% chaos resists, I'd say you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Buy a Small Cluster jewel with 2 nodes, one of them being Mindfullness. Cost maybe 5-10c. Bonus points for it having mana regen on the small node. Socket it in one of the slots in your large cluster. The one passive point out of the other socket that isn't used, and one point out of the 4% life and 4% chaos resist. 3350 life, 8300 mana, 2000 mana regen.

You need to run the last lab. It gives you 4 endurance charges and 4 power charges. First one makes you more durable. 3350 life now with 8400 mana, 2100 mana regen.

You can keep doing upgrades like 6-link pledge, watcher's eye for clarity giving you 10% more damage transfer to mana (huge defensive increase), etc. But you can quite simply make those earlier mentioned things to fix a lot of it for dirt cheap. It won't make the build all the sudden work like a wonder, but it's a good starting point.

I play this character with 3500ish life, 9250 mana, 3150 mana regen, and it's quite durable. Enki's example build has over 4k mana regen with endgame gear. You just need to focus on upgrading it bit by bit to have more and more mana and mana regen. If you don't have a huge amount of mana regen, agnostic won't keep you alive that well, and you'll just die over and over to chip damage as you're out of mana, and all the damage goes to life instead.

https://pastebin.com/pbyANp5j for the cheaply altered tree of yours for PoB import.

Edit: some number edits since I ended up unequipping one of your rings in the middle of all it. Now it should be fine.

Thank you man, a little progress from me:

- bought the amulet,
- swaped the jewels in tree

It alone did a miracle. After that the mapping is so much easier, I die very rarely.

Then:
- leveled up to 89, discovred thanks to your pastbin that I had missing one skillpoint from Act1 Quest(!!!) so I finished it.
- swapped the helmet for more mana
- equipped the ring with 60%mana regen which I looted myself :lol:
- finished the 6th Trial
- dropped my first exalt ever :)

Also chaos res in at 25% only now.

Next upgrades:

- do the uber lab
- at 90 allocate Scintling Idea from small jewel. (already had it before u suggested Mindfullness)
- Pledge of Hands 6 L

I'm at 3ex, 3c + about 30~40c in others

Was about to buy Pledge of Hands 6L and discovered it starts from 4ex where is was from ~~2.5 ex few days ago.
I'm gonna buy 6 sockets (cost about 30c) + 1200 orb of fusing (hopefully) will cost about 340 c, which is less than 3 ex.
Last edited by werpollin on Aug 24, 2021, 12:07:53 PM
"
welly321 wrote:
Hey guys how are you all reaching 3000+ mana regen? I am at around 2600 right now with arcane cloak active and don't see how to improve it much more. Here is my PoB....https://pastebin.com/sPyvgZHR

The largest increase you can get with one item is Redeemer's stygian vise with 20%+ mana recovery rate (not to be mixed with regeneration). That's instantly giving you ~500 mana regen extra, but it's also stupidly expensive upgrade to make if you want the belt to be really good on other parts as well. Very easy to spend 10ex+ on it.

Last edited by Leimus on Aug 24, 2021, 12:46:34 PM
"
Leimus wrote:
"
welly321 wrote:

The largest increase you can get with one item is Redeemer's stygian vise with 20%+ mana recovery rate (not to be mixed with regeneration). That's instantly giving you ~500 mana regen extra, but it's also stupidly expensive upgrade to make if you want the belt to be really good on other parts as well. Very easy to spend 10ex+ on it.

Hah well it just so happens I have an open slot on my stygian vise and a redeemers exalted orb. Maybe I should pray and close my eyes and slam?
"
welly321 wrote:
Hah well it just so happens I have an open slot on my stygian vise and a redeemers exalted orb. Maybe I should pray and close my eyes and slam?

Would be pretty sick to land the right suffix :) Sadly all the other options are more or less useless for this build.
almost half league passed and still can't get muh enchant .. muh luck Sadge
"
Amulet

An entry level amulet should have 40+ Life, 40+ Mana and either Cast Speed or Spell- or Lightning Damage.

The Aylardex is our first endgame choice. It gives us the basic Life and Mana, +1 Power Charge and Mana Regeneration Rate as well as Damage taken from Mana before Life based on active Power Charges, but also removes the Crit Chance we'd gain from Power Charges.

If you can find a corrupted "The Aylardex Agate Amulet" with "Wrath has #% increased Aura Effect" it can give you a small damage buff provided you are using the "Essence Worm" with "Wrath" on it. For me it was a 1.5k tooltip damage increase so that was noticeable in maps. With all the other damage buffs it can be pretty good and cheap, got my amulet for 10c.
Hello guys,

I'm a noob and been trying to everything as written in the guide but now I feel hard stuck.

Can't get past lvl 83, I die way too often. My resistances are capped at 76%,76% and 75%. I feel that my damage is very good, right now I'm doing tier 11-12 maps, killing mobs mostly aint a problem, but my survivability IS a problem. On average I die couple of times per map, sometimes I won't even finish the map, sometimes I run it through without dying. I avoid bad map rolls like elemental reflect etc..

The biggest problem I have is expedition encounters where I have to take it really slow and hit enemies from long distance so I wouldn't get one shotted, last expedition logbook I did I got smashed, even though in my opinion I rolled good map mods.

So can u just check my character and tell me WTF is going on.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives me good tips, been learning a lot though so I still enjoy it.

E: Until now I've died about -350 times :DD
Last edited by turik1 on Aug 24, 2021, 3:52:10 PM
"
Sorenalike wrote:

When it comes to flasks please make sure you got these kind of setups
Unavailable
Unavailable

I noticed that you are using "used when you use a guard skill" on the granite flask but not on Rumi's flask, instead you use "used when you hit a rare/unique enemy". So far, I just have it to be used when I use a guard skill as I only have Rumi's. What would be more beneficial?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
If using Pledge of Hands is there another gem to use in place of Spell Echo or just go with a 5 link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info