[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Coxzor wrote:

Just so you know, Sigil can't be triggered by CWDT unfortunately.

I am able to trigger it with CWDT --- I have RF, Sigil, Increased Area of Effect connected to CWDT.

You can hover the CWDT gem to show what it casts (i think?).

"
tuday wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:

I am able to trigger it with CWDT --- I have RF, Sigil, Increased Area of Effect connected to CWDT.

Try unsocketing and hovering on CWDT and you will see that Sigil (while socketed) there is an X meaning that does not support that skill.

I have tried it with a Lvl 1 gem and a lvl20 which I have.
"
Coxzor wrote:
"
tuday wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:

Try unsocketing and hovering on CWDT and you will see that Sigil (while socketed) there is an X meaning that does not support that skill.

I have tried it with a Lvl 1 gem and a lvl20 which I have.

Thats not how it works
when you click on CWDT lvl 1 Gem it says for example requires level 38 while lvl 20 sigil requires level 70 .. it means it can't cast that gem you need to make sure the requirement level are same or the active gem is lower.
that is why i keep void sphere + blood rage support gem at lvl one
also higher lvl CWDT not worth it because you need to take like 3000 damage in order to activate it
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 19, 2021, 9:42:50 AM
@Sorenalike

My bad, I had the wrong CWDT lvl when tried the setup and posted this here... All good!
Last edited by Coxzor on Aug 19, 2021, 10:24:09 AM
Hey - it was my starter league and I didnt have fun with build cuz i died a lot. I thought thats not starter friendly (as my first mana stacker build).

Now I have huge budget and few questions. Is it fun/viable with Headhunter? I have dream that OoS + HH is huge :D (*not for bossing ofc)
What is min-max'd version? Feeling to invest 100ex + HH (if viable) or 150-190ex pure. But I dont want to die at 1shots. I want to kill a9 sirus with closed eyes and make fun modes at logbooks. Maybe some1 can tell me or show vid of strong version.

Thanks for help anyway guys! I hope I wont take too much your time.

E: Please tag me if you can answer my question <3
Last edited by SushiYoda on Aug 19, 2021, 5:28:44 PM
Sorry for spamming guys, but trying to figure it out with all the info shared in here...

I have Conductivity on hit (ring) and Sniper's Mark setup with A.Brand - would this be a waste have it on my ring as I can only curse enemies once?

If so, which one would you consider the better option to have?
I have same question as @coxzor

I have COH ring now -- and wondering what 4 gems (and levels) i should use in place of A.Brand/SnipersMark/Wave

Whoever thought that Ball Lightning + Spell Echo + Greater Spell Echo made for a great bossing skill should be flayed alive, literally every time you cast the skill you get locked for 1-2 seconds making you easy fodder for literaly any spell/attack that may fly your way
"
KekuLiao wrote:
Whoever thought that Ball Lightning + Spell Echo + Greater Spell Echo made for a great bossing skill should be flayed alive, literally every time you cast the skill you get locked for 1-2 seconds making you easy fodder for literaly any spell/attack that may fly your way

I agree with that.
I can't understand all the complaining here. I'am far far away from beeing a pro gamer. As a father of two kids and fulltime worker I can only play one char per league and I never reached level 100 due to time (and not beeing a pro) limits.

But I had no probs playing the build into yellow maps so far. Leveling was a joke and white maps, too. Invested about 2.5 ex until yesterday and switched to agnostic yesterday. First I thought game was buggy, because neither mana nor life orb where touched anymore and nothing seems to hurt me anymore. So I guess the build is really tanky. Sure, you have to stand while casting ball lightning. But I wait until Boss attack/ animation is past, OoS + Ball lightning and if he starts another attack, move away and so on. I can easily get some hits of any boss so far and facetanked some without problems. Bosses are often down within seconds.

Yesterday spent another 3ex for six-link pledge of hands, but haven't played since. My tree is as far, that I have to go for clusters now. Gear is far away from perfect, but beside of six-link pledge (3ex) and watchers eye (40c) I havent´t spent more then 20c each for my gear-pieces. Even the anoinment cost me only 6c.

So for me:
beginner-friendly? check
budget? check
damage? check
tankieness? check
fun? check

If I see that the build won´t work in red maps T15/16 I will come back and report, but I don´t think this will happen.
But let`s assume it will happen: I definetly won´t come back an start whining or offending the Build maker. This is a game folks and another person is so kind sharing hie ideas of a build (no matter that 3.15 changed a lot).
So folks, be kind, play and if you don´t like the build: OK, write down why and everyting is fine. But stop the other stuff! Thx to Enki for his work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info