[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
Coxzor wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently doing red maps T13+ and Awakener 4 without problems (1 shot very few times from Expeditions or high lvl Harvest crap), if someone can have a look at my gear and also the PoB linked below to give me some suggestions to bring this char to the next level would be great!

I still need to get my influenced items like the Mana Ring with Curse Conductivity, Boots with Onslaught and belt with Mana Regen, etc.

https://pastebin.com/YH1ccfFZ

Thanks in advance!

Hello first of all you are missing 2% on your watcher eye ( damage taken from mana before life) fix that asap
all i see in your pob that you are missing a lot of defensive tactics which can help you out a lot ... also you are missing a lot of mana nodes in your talent tree try to get a unnatural instinct and read the guide where to put it
i can't see your pantheon either make sure you got soul of the brine king to avoid chain stun locks
why everyone ignoring the mana nudes ? like forethought ...
Please read this it might help you out
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147914/page/24#p24236813
Again go through the guide again and dont miss out anything
if you have solved survivability issue then we can work on damage which will help you out even more
Good luck

I was saving my next 3 skill points to L94 for Forethought, so would you advice to take this asap? Maybe I can refund 3 life passives from Purity of Flesh? After L90+ would you suggest to prioritise Mana notes instead of Life?
No mana regen maps are absolutely out of the question, right?
Luckily I've only vaal'd into 1 so far, sold it and moved on
None of the flasks give Chill/Freeze Immunity - is that deliberate? I must be missing something.
"
Yampey1 wrote:
No mana regen maps are absolutely out of the question, right?
Luckily I've only vaal'd into 1 so far, sold it and moved on

If you really need to clear it because you want to for your Atlas completion, you can do it IF you have annointed Mind Drinker, since you gain 2% Mana Back on kills. That's enough to clear the map.

For the bosses, it's gonna be tough. If they have any consistent damage output, or if your map rolled something like Ignite/Poison on hit, it's very difficult. Else with Mana Flasks, Sniper's Mark and Arcane Chemistry you can manage it, probably using portals to refill flasks. You can even run 2 Mana Flasks for these maps to help.

"
PhanTom_lt wrote:
None of the flasks give Chill/Freeze Immunity - is that deliberate? I must be missing something.

You can run it on your Quicksilver if you prefer, I've been doing it. But usually with a fully upgraded Soul of the Brine King + we take Freeze and Chill Resistance in our tree + Illuminated Devotion in our Ascendancy, we are quite resistant to Chill/Freeze to begin with.

Until then, yeah run a Freeze immune flask if you feel like you are getting killed because of it too often.
Hey, is there anything wrong with my build? I think mine lack of damage, don't mind the boot and helmet enchantment since I still working on it.

this is the pastebin for my build: https://pastebin.com/VSRUwNca
"
AhWei_David wrote:
Hey, is there anything wrong with my build? I think mine lack of damage, don't mind the boot and helmet enchantment since I still working on it.

Don't think there's really anything wrong with what you have. Changing your weapon to a 6-link version is gonna net you a whole bunch of damage. You could also try to fit Forethought to your tree by possibly dropping couple of the life/chaos res nodes and one of less important mana/mana regen ones.
"
AhWei_David wrote:

Get a medium cluster jewel with master of fear and wish for death for extra damage you can drop path to divine judgement... it will provide more damage to be honest.

Dont miss out on mana nodes like forethought ... its a big damage boost.. mana = damage

change your watcher eye and make sure you got damage taken from mana before life while effected by clarity its very important.

you can drop the whole pathing to profane chemistry if you want and drop life flask as well and test it out agnostic should keep you alive .. try to muster some more mana regen before hands like 2500+

TBH atziri foible is better for you at this point try to get that instead with mind drinker anoint .. it will reduce the requirement for dex and str as well

Your ring also dont have curse on hit + mana regen its a big upgrade in long run for damage it helps a lot .. (in long term if you get corrosive elements and curse on hit you can drop whole arcanist brand setup and get better gems)

your large cluster jewel is also bad try to get one with corrosive elements, disorienting display for now

also missing unnatural instinct jewel its a big upgrade try to get that as well

also make sure to immune yourself to silence try to get it on tempered mind

these upgrades should help you a lot for now..
Good luck

Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 16, 2021, 7:04:21 AM
Hello,
at the moment i'm at the point collecting the cluster jewels and can sustain t14 maps without big troubles.
you recommand curse on hit with conductivity, so we don't use snipers mark anymore. at the same time use corrosive elements instead of wave of convintion.
that's right?
so what gems do you recommand to use instead of the arcanist brand setup? i allready run with RF ( in 5l +1b chest).
"
Anaxas86 wrote:
Hello,
at the moment i'm at the point collecting the cluster jewels and can sustain t14 maps without big troubles.
you recommand curse on hit with conductivity, so we don't use snipers mark anymore. at the same time use corrosive elements instead of wave of convintion.
that's right?
so what gems do you recommand to use instead of the arcanist brand setup? i allready run with RF ( in 5l +1b chest).

You can use RF / sigil of power and such or a cast when damage taken setup with void sphere and such or even a single golem like lightning golem for cast speed
you can also use blood rage for extra damage and cast speed actually that 3 frenzy charges are big dps boost
you can use both if you like curse wise .. but you will need to anoint whispers of doom on your necklace
I just got a 5L Pledge of Hands and moved my Ball Lightning gems to it and my OoS gems to Cloak of Defiance. There is an extra blue socket and I am debating whether to reroll the socket colours and go with Onslaught or put in an Increased AoE gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info