[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
Tyrnet wrote:
"
Sorenalike wrote:
GL

Hey, after starting following your advices, i have questions on some pointers you gave me @Sorenalike ! (Sry if some are noobs questions or already asked!)

I don't have trouble to clear with OoS with 1 cast of BL, is the fact that I cast BL a sign that I struggle with trash for you ?

I removed, some nodes (3~ profane, MInd over, 1-2 %life, ..) and get enough to invest with large cluster + 1 small. But removing Divine Judgement won't be a massive DPS loss ?

About Shock reistance, maybe i didn't saw it on Enki's build, but why are you taking it and not him ? Is there another way to get it (on items ?)
Same, for curse on the ring, didn't saw it mentionned, is there a particular reason ?

this is a beginner-friendly build if you want to take it to next level you need to top it off .. thats why i mentioned those and yes you can get reduce shock effect on helmet as well for example... the way i play it i found that most of new monsters and specially some bosses got shock and the % goes up to 50% sometimes which is pretty annoying thats why i mention that... you are suppose to cast BL for tanky rare mobs and bosses not whole map. you will get the dps back from medium cluster jewel and small cluster jewel i would argue even more.. like a lot more
"
werpollin wrote:
Hello, I am currently strugguling with clear spead at T1-T2 maps, the white mobes are insta killed but some yellow/blue packs are very slow.

I ran 5L Orb Of Storms in body armour, and 4L Ball Lightning in Helmet.

Just wondering is there a point to upgrade to Staff? my 2x wands give far more spell/lightning daamge combined when any stuff.

Yes staff is a big upgrade you should get that as soon as possible for ball lightning.
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 14, 2021, 11:17:10 AM
"
ExcelionM wrote:
Im kinda reached a point where I kill everything but also die so fast on T12+ maps. This is my first high-end character and I'm not really sure, where can I improve my defenses at this point.
Have all the uniques, only missing 6L items (but that is more damage), all my defenses are 76%+
Got life on everything but 2 items, that I traded to get some resistance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ExcelionM/characters if anyone can help or give me some guide-lines on what I can do, I'll be very grateful.

I can't help you much with the link you gave me but the way i see it from the link you provided .. your watcher eye is not good you need to make sure you got +10% damage taken from mana before life on it... and you dont need that helmet anymore you will get transfiguration of mind from your ascendancy.. i dont like your cluster jewels as well, also you are missing some important mana nodes like forethought please read the guide again
If you have problems with survivability try these suggestions for now
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147914/page/24#p24236813
you have ways to go
Good luck
Hey guys, there was someone who said using a medium cluster jewel with culling Strike and unnerve would ne a good upgrade. Is there anyone who could suggest a good cluster jewel setup? Have a large one and a small one with the nodes enki suggested.
I am Level 88 or sth and try to get to red maps. Damage is good but sometimes i get killed like in one shot. Skilled the agonistic now with 7,5k mana. Will give it a try later and hope i get to level90+ later on ;)

Thx for all your tips and ideas, for someone new like me this helps a lot to understand how this Build works ;)
Hi all,

I am currently doing red maps T13+ and Awakener 4 without problems (1 shot very few times from Expeditions or high lvl Harvest crap), if someone can have a look at my gear and also the PoB linked below to give me some suggestions to bring this char to the next level would be great!

I still need to get my influenced items like the Mana Ring with Curse Conductivity, Boots with Onslaught and belt with Mana Regen, etc.

https://pastebin.com/YH1ccfFZ

Thanks in advance!
"
I can't help you much with the link you gave me but the way i see it from the link you provided .. your watcher eye is not good you need to make sure you got +10% damage taken from mana before life on it... and you dont need that helmet anymore you will get transfiguration of mind from your ascendancy.. i dont like your cluster jewels as well, also you are missing some important mana nodes like forethought please read the guide again
If you have problems with survivability try these suggestions for now
you have ways to go
Good luck

Thanks, I'll look over those things, I did read the guide extensively. But for now, I decided to focus on less expensive solutions. The helm works great for how cheap it was. I really do want to get "10% damage taken from mana before life on it" on the watcher's eye - but that is super expensive for me at this point (cheapest was like 50+ c), I did manage to get some extra life notes, and dropped the dex ones. so I got pretty ok at this point. till I grind some currency for 6L items.
Last edited by ExcelionM on Aug 14, 2021, 7:26:27 PM
"
Coxzor wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently doing red maps T13+ and Awakener 4 without problems (1 shot very few times from Expeditions or high lvl Harvest crap), if someone can have a look at my gear and also the PoB linked below to give me some suggestions to bring this char to the next level would be great!

I still need to get my influenced items like the Mana Ring with Curse Conductivity, Boots with Onslaught and belt with Mana Regen, etc.

https://pastebin.com/YH1ccfFZ

Thanks in advance!

Hello first of all you are missing 2% on your watcher eye ( damage taken from mana before life) fix that asap
all i see in your pob that you are missing a lot of defensive tactics which can help you out a lot ... also you are missing a lot of mana nodes in your talent tree try to get a unnatural instinct and read the guide where to put it
i can't see your pantheon either make sure you got soul of the brine king to avoid chain stun locks
why everyone ignoring the mana nudes ? like forethought ...
Please read this it might help you out
Again go through the guide again and dont miss out anything
if you have solved survivability issue then we can work on damage which will help you out even more
Good luck
"
Viking_Odin wrote:
Hey guys, there was someone who said using a medium cluster jewel with culling Strike and unnerve would ne a good upgrade. Is there anyone who could suggest a good cluster jewel setup? Have a large one and a small one with the nodes enki suggested.
I am Level 88 or sth and try to get to red maps. Damage is good but sometimes i get killed like in one shot. Skilled the agonistic now with 7,5k mana. Will give it a try later and hope i get to level90+ later on ;)

Thx for all your tips and ideas, for someone new like me this helps a lot to understand how this Build works ;)

Hello yes it was me !
if you are looking for the best
Large cluster jewel with :
Corrosive elements ( for exposure on it) - Disorienting display (if you are not using asenath gloves other wise Scintillating Idea) and for the third supercharge
For medium cluster jewel:
Master of fear + Wish for death
For small cluster jewels:
mindfulness on one and other Stubborn student.
Also make sure to have + resistances to elements on all of them which helps a lot for using for something like asenath gloves which means you will have less resistances since you are using a unique items
but these are absolute best and some of them are very very expensive or none existent which means you will have to craft it yourself my man.
but the way i see it you have ways to go and you can help your self with some important notes that i gathered
Good luck
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 15, 2021, 6:19:47 AM
Ty so much. I really just started my journey and have a lot to improve :D i will take a Look at the things you mentioned and try to get better. I really have a bad understanding how this game works and i am happy for every little step ;D
Best of luck to you and thx again for all your help and advice!
Quick update on my side, since I've played this build since the beginning and was not too sure if it would hold up for the late game.

- Killed Maven (2 deaths, first time doing it)
- Killed A8 Sirus (1 death, first time doing it)
- Every Maven Invitation done except The Feared (not unlocked yet). The Hidden was quite hard.

Uber Elder haven't tried yet but shouldn't be an issue, just need to know the fight but that's the case for most builds.

Here's my PoB if people want to take a look : https://pastebin.com/SsKXVQL6

It's expensive, Timeless Jewel, Watcher's Eye, Unnatural Instinct, expensive boots...etc, but there's still lots to improve (don't even have a 6L Chest, but doesn't really matter).

It's level 95 which is quite accessible, I dropped HP nodes to get what I thought was more important (Cluster Jewel nodes, Inner Conviction, Mana).

Boots you can craft yourself for between 10 and 20 Exalts depending on your luck but they are a gamechanger in clear speed and overall feeling. They aren't finished too, just had bad luck with the last step. Would recommend to anybody with a budget.

Looking toward upgrades like Mana Regen Stygian Vise, Reduced Lightning Res Helmet, Conductivity Ring. Can also change the Dying Sun for whatever you want, from a second Mana Flask to a defensive one to a Bottled Faith.
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 15, 2021, 7:19:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info