[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Going from Aylardex with Disciple to Atziri's Foible with Mana Flows was a huuuge upgrade for survivability. ~Doubling mana regen is incredible important to keep this build going.
how hard is it to put tailwind on the basic boots?

I wanna temper with the flasks

I'm currently running a silver flask cause I don't have 6L cloak yet
instead of a diamond flask and I can see that my elemental overlord is almost always up anyway, is diamond flask necessary?

I was thinking of using a jake flask + quartz flask since body is evasion based and I have blind from disorienting display, maybe even with increased evasion suffixes of reflexes on two out of three utility flasks and third one of
warding, since of adrenaline gives so little in this patch, is that possible or is it just bad?

thank you
So, i see the POB has changed. We no longer allocate power charges and power charge duration. Makes sense because the build doesn't have any power charge generation. But the current POB lists the endgame helmet as one which has +1 maximum power charges and nearby enemies have -#% to lightning res. How does the author intend to generate that power charge?
I watched the video wit Uber Elder and followed the link on youtube to look at the POB for that char specifically. He was using a helmet with only #% increased maximum mana, and no other influence. Sad to see the old 60+ exalt helmet is no longer on poe trade... Is it not possible to craft them like that any more? and damn... no more -12% to lightning resist for nearby enemies. -9% is the max now? wow they really came after you man. xD
Hello
For anyone that struggling with survivability I had some thoughts which i like to share:

1.coming from witch to hierophant I realized we got less armor which means less physical damage reduction at best we can have like 16-17% damage reduction specially with not using crown of the inward eye which provides 1014 armor at high quality .. we used that crown to get transfiguration of mind if you remember now we don't need it since we got that in our ascendancy which means we got even less armor to work with.

2.most of us used to have Rumi flask for extra 3000 armor and extra block chances which gave us even more survivability

3.cast speed ... having insane cast speed allowed us to kill minions really fast and don't even let them to reach us now sadly its not the case.

4.we used to be immune to ailments which allowed us to ignore most of boss fight mechanics.

Now how to deal the problems above:

A. to deal with issue number 1 and 2 : we need to invest on mana size even more at this point because hierophant provides extra layer of defense from his ascendancy ( extra 10% damage taken from mana before life) also the new necklace(The Aylardex) which provide us even more damage taken from mana which means we can get close to 65-70% damage taken from from mana before life with watcher eye.. make sure to get that healthy mind and watcher eye early to deal with the extra damage taken from the creatures around you..
if you want to get even more tankier you can easily get a https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Stubborn_Student and slap it on your build its a perfect buff coming from a cluster jewel for us ( and yes multiple jewels does stack!!!) ... also using rumi flask still recommended atleast by me for now.

B. to deal with issue number 3 we don't really have to stand and cast since we are using orb of storms .. be smart about it also getting a new item called Asenath's gentle touch on the build will provide us with insane clear( you might need whispers of doom anoint on necklace later on for extra curses to apply) I have tested it myself if you manage to get extra curse on it it would be insane.( please keep in mind that i dont even got 6link staff nor chest atm)

It also provides extra defenses with slowing/blinding the enemy targets with temporal chains. blinding the enemies reduces minions chance to actually hit you and we might be able to ditch the Disorienting Display coming from large cluster jewel.

C. to deal with issue number 4 make sure to get the 50% reduced effect of ailments on you from ascendancy early on and also make sure to get anointed flesh in your passive talent tree (its next to mind over matter) make sure to get 30% reduce effect of shock,chill,freeze as well its very important.

You might ask what should we do with stuns ? specially with so much less hp and the nerf to cinderswallow flask?
easy just get a "80% chance to avoid being stunned if you've killed in the past 4 seconds" enchant on your boots and get couple enchants on your jewels.. we might be able to ditch soul of the brine king pantheon at the end. 35% mana regen is not huge for us anymore and we dont need huge amount of regen like 6.5k like last time .. hell i got 2.4k regen right now and i got my RF on as we speak.
When it comes to flask try to have atleast one of these with this setup it helps a lot while dealing with big mobs

And to end it make sure to get your helm enchant "arcane cloak spends 15% additional mana) and you are immune to curse of silence!( corrupted jewel try to have it on tempered mind)
Please let me know what you think and good luck!
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 14, 2021, 11:26:01 AM
@Sorenalike

Thanks for sharing these tips, can I ask what kind of content you've been doing and how your tanking has been?

I'm running mostly stacked T15s and I get one shotted out of nowhere so much, I'm about to reroll at this point. I'm interested in trying your version, but after putting in 6-7ex and still struggling I'm wondering if it's gonna be gamechanging.

Also, does RF makes that much of a difference?
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 2, 2021, 7:51:43 PM
"
Umarill wrote:
@Sorenalike

Thanks for sharing these tips, can I ask what kind of content you've been doing and how your tanking has been?

I'm running mostly stacked T15s and I get one shotted out of nowhere so much, I'm about to reroll at this point. I'm interested in trying your version, but after putting in 6-7ex and still struggling I'm wondering if it's gonna be gamechanging.

Also, does RF makes that much of a difference?

15-16 tier maps atm i got 3.2k hp and 9.7k mana and i dont even got watchers eye.. as always unlucky with map drops but trying my best.
I assume you get one shotted out of no where mostly in new content? try playing defensive and apply the tips i mentioned and RF helps out with damage while having mind drinker... you can sustain it yes its not perfect but help a bit i like to use it while having atleast 2.4k regen. its not my version i am just trying to improve enkies build and make it fit with my play style.
For start i would recommend getting two these https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Stubborn_Student in cluster jewel. see how it feels. its just couple chaos orbs
edit: i just bought watcher eye POGGIES
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 2, 2021, 8:48:22 PM
Thank you :)

I'm gonna try the Jewels, but I honestly think this build lacks in damage a bit, especially for Bosses, and combined with the long times staying in the same place each time you cast LB, it's gonna be difficult to 36/40 with this build imo, unless a ridiculous amount of currency.

I might try the 6L and see how it goes, but I'm sad it didn't work out like I expected. I think it's a very fun build, and it's great for Delve so far for me, but Expeditions bosses seem simply impossible.

Edit : Well I just rolled a 6L so I'll try that out lol
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 2, 2021, 9:13:57 PM
"
Umarill wrote:
Thank you :)

I'm gonna try the Jewels, but I honestly think this build lacks in damage a bit, especially for Bosses, and combined with the long times staying in the same place each time you cast LB, it's gonna be difficult to 36/40 with this build imo, unless a ridiculous amount of currency.

I might try the 6L and see how it goes, but I'm sad it didn't work out like I expected. I think it's a very fun build, and it's great for Delve so far for me, but Expeditions bosses seem simply impossible.

We haven't even set our curse on hits ... exposure on hits and such yes we got arcanist brand but its not reliable source tbh it just waste of a cast in my opinion ... i reached 22M damage with arc last league one - two shotting everything ball lightning is huge source of damage( heard ppl had over 30mil easily last league) i am sure we can make something out of it but hey! everything got nerfed and we choose to play the build that got almost 70% nerfed :D i wouldn't be so worried about the damage atleast not yet.

If you want more damage out your build try to get 6links, curse on hit (conductivity) exposure on hit (cluster jewel corrosive elements) RF on 24/7,blood rage gem and decent watcher eye then you can complain about the damage afterwards.
wish you best of luck
Last edited by Sorenalike on Aug 2, 2021, 9:17:05 PM
My point is that any build can reach insane damage with such investment, the build has "Cheap to build" in its pros which is true for the early mapping but you need to start min-maxing a bit at some points just to stand a chance.

I hope I'm wrong by the way, I love the build. Just seems like I could put the 20ex I'm about to drop on this one and get something more reliable, which is fine but should be known.

So with the 6L + RF I definitely have more damage, but can you really sustain RF? It does no damage to me but it slows my Mana Regen quite a bit, as long as I'm killing stuff I'm ok thanks to my annointment (2% Mana on kill), but I'll probably need some upgrades to run it comfortably, so Boots Enchant + Mana Flows on the Atziri's Foible. Will try it for a while.
Last edited by Umarill on Aug 2, 2021, 9:52:51 PM
I have upgraded to a couple of awakened gems with over 9.1K unreserved mana and 3.2k health with both helmet and boot enchants and am still getting 1-shot so its hard for me to reconcile pumping more currency into the build. I really wanted this build to work. I only have the watchers eye and unnatural instinct to go. I've hit the wall at T15 and 16 and can't progress past lvl90. might have no choice but to reroll at this point unless i find an unlock

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info