[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

amazing build & an even better guide
"
Enki91 wrote:
I've done some further improvements to the guide today:

- Updated Trade Links now that we have more of an economy. Also added a small tutorial how to compare upgrades plus expanded the Upgrade Order with a hint how to get a 5L for potentially cheaper.

- Added Mapping Requirements. I've seen some people recently claim they had issues with maps, and in the most cases it was because they weren't res capped, didn't have any life/mana or weren't even ascended yet.

- Replaced Conductivity with Sniper's Mark. This gives us more damage and additional Life/Mana Flask sustain during bossfights, even tho we can't fully level Sniper's Mark. I've opted to replace Efficacy in the Arcane Cloak 4L with Sniper's Mark, so that it benefits from the linked Increased Duration. The free'd up socket in the Arcanist Brand 4L got filled with Increased Duration so that we don't have to recast it as often aswell.

pog! keep up the good work enki! going into reds soon, will see how it goes!
I tried the build out and I highly doubt it's even remotely close to league start friendly

Damage is very lackluster and suviability and down the drain.

I guess once you get the cloak of defiance and pledge it gets better but at the moment I get one shotted in tier 1 maps, take age to clear packs and bosses take me a solid minute with 5l ball lightning.

One of the worst leveling I've ever done. There's definitively a base budget of 100c before you can be useful
Hi! I tried the previous Witch build but as it was the end of the League when i started i decided to wait until next league. since you've now updated to a Hierophant i decided to follow put and try this instead!

Having fun with the build so far absolutely. but im feeling very weak and squishy. I'd like any and all feedback so that i can hopefully progress and do more fun stuff!

i know for a fact that im missing the last Lab which would give me 4 End and Pow Charges which would give me mana and some life regen. But what can i do besides that to maybe improve my damage and not be as squishy?

"
Tomberrox wrote:
I tried the build out and I highly doubt it's even remotely close to league start friendly

Damage is very lackluster and suviability and down the drain.

I guess once you get the cloak of defiance and pledge it gets better but at the moment I get one shotted in tier 1 maps, take age to clear packs and bosses take me a solid minute with 5l ball lightning.

One of the worst leveling I've ever done. There's definitively a base budget of 100c before you can be useful

You're not even using Mind over Matter or the Leap Slam setup for Fortify, of course it's feeling squishy that way.

The passives you put into Sanctitiy should be going into Arcane Chemistry instead. Essence Worm and Sniper's Mark will help with single target. Having the recommended minimum amount of Life and Mana on gear will help with damage and survivability, i've mentioned them for a reason. They can be easily gained by planning out stuff from the trade links and adding the missing stat through your crafting bench.

Last but not least, your weapon has no mana and even worse, it has Cold Damage to Spells, which can ruin your lightning exposure if Arcane Cloak wasn't up during Wave of Conviction.

"
Danknamed wrote:
Hi! I tried the previous Witch build but as it was the end of the League when i started i decided to wait until next league. since you've now updated to a Hierophant i decided to follow put and try this instead!

Having fun with the build so far absolutely. but im feeling very weak and squishy. I'd like any and all feedback so that i can hopefully progress and do more fun stuff!

i know for a fact that im missing the last Lab which would give me 4 End and Pow Charges which would give me mana and some life regen. But what can i do besides that to maybe improve my damage and not be as squishy?

Your boots and Le Heup of All need to be replaced immediatly, check the trade links for this. The weapon looks like it has an open prefix, add either Spell Damage or Mana on it. The Flask setup is also all over the place, check the flask section again and if needed, do the side quests listed in Act 5/7/10 for the base flasks. I've also updated the gem setup a bit today for better damage and sustain, please check that out as well.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey there, I think i am doing well, as the guy in the post before i miss last Lab, I know you are doing great job and i like the guide A LOT, it has so many usefull tips like put cloak on left click, presiate that little details. For now i feel like i can go further then 4-5 magic maps, is it normal, might i do more?

PS.: You are doing very good job checking people even when they are rude,, great people like you exists! <3

Edit: You don't have any example of endgame boots, can you make one :D
Last edited by NikitaNekit on Jul 29, 2021, 3:37:31 AM
One small error currently under gem setup you have

Arcane Cloak - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration - Sniper's Mark

Arcanist Brand - Orb of Storms - Wave of Conviction (Lv1) - Increased Duration

Sniper's mark should be attached to Arcanist Brand (instead of Increased Duration), not Arcane Cloak I believe (As it is replacing Conductivty)
Last edited by WildChoas on Jul 28, 2021, 9:13:07 PM
Is there a reason to have Quicksilver Flask when we use Leap Slam?

Also, just want to say, best leveling experience I've had since I started playing in 2.6.
Last edited by SeventhSolar on Jul 28, 2021, 11:12:38 PM
"
WildChoas wrote:
One small error currently under gem setup you have

Arcane Cloak - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration - Sniper's Mark

Arcanist Brand - Orb of Storms - Wave of Conviction (Lv1) - Increased Duration

Sniper's mark should be attached to Arcanist Brand (instead of Increased Duration), not Arcane Cloak I believe (As it is replacing Conductivty)

Pretty sure he meant replacing Conductivity as the curse we use, not that it's a swap of that gem slot.
Any tips for uber lab? I have about 3k hp and 7k mana and twice now I got 1 shot by this bad boi lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info