[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

How do you think this will work out after the mana changes? I know they buffed Archmage to compensate, but I think it's still an overall nerf in damage? I guess we can find a way to compensate but I don't know much about the game
Liking the build up to now, last patch doesn't seem to have made a dent.

Have being playing with 2 scepters on yellows, having not speced the flask nodes of the revised POB - I'm just brute forcing some mana regen here and there instead - this was very important before getting cloak.

There's some learning to play with agnostic, specially without the cloak. A flamedash with lifetap is my go to mobility, not having to worry about lack of mana.

I'm clearing yellow maps with 4L arc and rares with 5L BL, by the way. Getting a 5L pledge of hands should get me to reds easily.

calling this build a loss after 20 hours and into maps. too little survivability and struggles all the way from act 6 to maps. not worth it.
Last edited by AshMoss1993 on Jul 28, 2021, 8:30:27 AM
"

calling this build a loss after 20 hours and into maps. too little survivability and struggles all the way from act 6 to maps. not worth it.

not sure how you played but i had pretty much 0 issues in the entire campaign... also just started maps recently and i am melting pretty much everything :)
"
AshMoss1993 wrote:

I mean you have to be doing something wrong, I don't see how you could be struggling with the build from Act 6.
how i can sustain my mana with 1 mana flasks guys, i need help!
Last edited by Co5wti on Jul 28, 2021, 10:41:08 AM
why don't you have immnunity freeze on your flask ?
haha good job Enki you baited a LOT of ppl :D
wait what ? seriously sir ?
I've done some further improvements to the guide today:

- Updated Trade Links now that we have more of an economy. Also added a small tutorial how to compare upgrades plus expanded the Upgrade Order with a hint how to get a 5L for potentially cheaper.

- Added Mapping Requirements. I've seen some people recently claim they had issues with maps, and in the most cases it was because they weren't res capped, didn't have any life/mana or weren't even ascended yet.

- Replaced Conductivity with Sniper's Mark. This gives us more damage and additional Life/Mana Flask sustain during bossfights, even tho we can't fully level Sniper's Mark. I've opted to replace Efficacy in the Arcane Cloak 4L with Sniper's Mark, so that it benefits from the linked Increased Duration. The free'd up socket in the Arcanist Brand 4L got filled with Increased Duration so that we don't have to recast it as often aswell.

-----------

"
WakkaXDD wrote:
I mean , with power charge on crit in main links, and going for crit obviously

greater spell echo mana multi might be just too much mana to sustain (on a 6link), so iam thinking more of a "lazy" build that doesnt need to push the manaflask before every cast.

Pledge of Hands is BiS. Keep in mind that you get four casts at the cost of one, so you'd actually have to use your mana flask more often with the other setup.

"
Kyriac wrote:
So, what is better to use then?

Aylardex with a Disciple anoint

or

Atziri's Foible with Mana Flows anoint

Kind of confused on which to focus on. The build is not bad for me, I am on T6 maps and really havent had too many issues so far. Thanks for all you do!

Atziri's Foible is better in terms of mana sustain, Aylardex plus its anoint are cheaper and provide some additional survivability through Life and Damage taken to Mana, if you got the sustain.

"
BozidaR wrote:
Any reason we can't use whirling blades instead of leap slam? I really really hate leap slam.

Staves are not blades.

"
bahnschranke wrote:
hows mind spiral for this build? or is a rare helmet with generic life/mana/res better?

Mindspiral is alright, but I wouldn't use it over a good rare since it also means that you have one slot less for resistances, and maybe have to give up suffixes like mana regen or chaos res somewhere else.

"
Tehed wrote:
@Enki:

What do you think about putting Unnatural Instinct in the socket near the "Shaper" notable in the endgame tree?

If you use the small passives with life regen to go there that should provide 330 additional Mana, a decent amount of mana regen and quite a bit of damage. I saw something like that on the Archmage Raider builds last league.

Seems pretty strong, I'll keep an eye on how its price develops.

"
Co5wti wrote:
why don't you have immnunity freeze on your flask ?

We have 50% reduced effect of non-damaging ailments and 50% reduced freeze duration. If you prefer to have full freeze immunity, you can replace curing with heat on your flask after upgrading Shakari pantheon.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info