[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Hey!

I am using a 5 linked pledge atm with ball lightning greater multiple projectile spell echo elemental focus and archmage ... it literally washes over the map pretty easily while arc does nothing... but the problem is the big rare mobs and survivability, suddenly something out of my screen some cross bow guy one shots me... I got 3.3k hp and 8.5k mana (50% damage goes to mana thanks to ascendancy and COD) atm btw not having the previous defensive layers provided by chaos golem and such are pretty noticeable ( i know we have fortify which is not active all the time and endurance charges instead but golems still provided more and were extra targets for mobs I assume) and who are we kidding that 50% reduce effect is not a good trade of for the almost the double damage that elementalist provides I feel like this still would work better on witch damage wise.
I was expecting more from 50% reduce aliment buff but its not as good as i thought in action I tried to increase it with some passive talents still not as good..
I personally don't really like the ball lightning to be my main ability since I have to work around it like getting cluster jewels and endgame items and such for it which means sacrificing currency and arc damage.. maybe we should sacrifice some talents to get extra large cluster jewel for it ? or work on shock ? I don't know...
I will try to get more items for arc to see how it goes... i prefer to have the arc as my main source of damage ( reached 22m damage previous league) and use ball lightning for like killing sirus or maven cuz of its damage ( first time trying it).
Feels like we are going full ball lightning at this point which i dont like.

This new build of enki's is really good having two spell to work with opens up a lot of possibilities which i like
Thank you again enki!
Last edited by Sorenalike on Jul 29, 2021, 7:40:30 PM
I,am really confused now. Should we cast Snipers Mark manually now because it is no longer attached to the Brand?

Or is it a mistake in the Gem Setup on first page?

Last edited by ogli on Jul 30, 2021, 2:20:34 AM
"
ogli wrote:
I,am really confused now. Should we cast Snipers Mark manually now because it is no longer attached to the Brand?

Or is it a mistake in the Gem Setup on first page?

Same question. The guide and build are awesome, I'm having a lot of fun. A gameplay/rotation section would a be a nice addition imo.
Last edited by jybpoe on Jul 30, 2021, 3:16:51 AM
After a week of testing and progressing with this build in a small Groupfound environment, i've came to the conclusion that Arc just doesn't feel good with Archmage and the cast speed nerfs any longer and is just holding the build back.

So i've changed it to Orb of Storms, which has better synergy with Archmage and Ball Lightning. It clears way better, only costs mana once for its entire duration and even provides additional single target damage while bursting with Ball Lightning.

This also allowed me to move Sniper's Mark into the Arcanist Brand 4L while still retaining Increased Duration. As a bonus, Efficacy is back to maximize our Arcane Cloak duration.

All changes are easy to apply, i've added how to in the main post. As always, you can also see all changes in the Changelog.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91, ty for the latest changes, going to try them out. Liking the build up to now, albeit I'm in need of a gear upgrade to get to reds consistently (not having fortify is a bad idea now).

By the way, it seems POB is missing an end game boot example, is that intentional?
"
MdxBhmt wrote:
@Enki91, ty for the latest changes, going to try them out. Liking the build up to now, albeit I'm in need of a gear upgrade to get to reds consistently (not having fortify is a bad idea now).

By the way, it seems POB is missing an end game boot example, is that intentional?

Seems like they got completely removed while Blessed Boots were changed to Fugitive Boots. I've fixed it now, thanks for bringing this to my attention!
twitch.tv/enki91
I'm on xbox and trying to figure out the best way to map the skills to the buttons. Any advice?

I have Arc mapped to B, Wave of Conviction to A, Orb and Flame Dash to Y. I have now made it to the point where you said to get Ball Lightning but now I don't really know where to map it. I have it mapped to Y at the moment but that leaves me without the survivability increase that Flame Dash gives. When I get to the point where you say to get Arcane Cloak, that's a whole 'nother thing to figure out where to map.

What do I do?
Last edited by MJHeemeyer on Jul 30, 2021, 5:36:32 AM
A little bit too soon to give up on arc Sadge
How much better is Sniper's Mark than Conductivity....

Seems like the wrong choice, but i just don't know
I was about to give up on this build since it felt so weak with arc. Then I saw that you were changing the skill gems and after changing arc to orb of storms, holy shit. Such a huge difference, feels so much smoother/better to play.
Thanks for the build update Enki!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info