[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
krilovich wrote:
Can someone explain the endurance charges from conviction to me? Does this mean that we ALWAYS have the +16 all res and 16% damage reduction? And does the synergy with Aylardex mean that we always have the +40% mana regen?

Is the only reason the guide has aylardex as better than atziris is the damage taken from mana before life? Because atziri seems to have it beat with the +100% mana regen and +100 mana and + mana % ..

Yes, that is how Conviction of Power works. If you need the mana regen to be able to cast then Aylardex is probably going to feel better. If you have enough mana regen from other sources then Atziri's is probably going to outperform it.
It's all sunshine and rainbows, but arc elementalist is NOT dead, not by a long ass shot. Quad golems, winter+storm shapers and a cheeky bonechill and everything gets instantly clapped in extra slow motion.
Great guide! When do you suggest switching from wands to a staff while leveling?
"
chukkalow wrote:
Great guide! When do you suggest switching from wands to a staff while leveling?

well, since there's only 1 staff specific cluster in the build and it's not a make-it-or-break-it cluster you should use w/e you have, it literally doesn't matter what you're using before Pledge, since decent 5l staves are only a couple ch each
hell you can go staves as soon as 28 with a xirgil's crank if you want to
Hey, I'd really want to thank you for this build and guide! I started playing this game last week and am currently on act 7(And have a ton of fun). Your guide has been amazing in easing me through the game system and giving me chance to get a feel for the game while not being overwhelmed.
also just hit map wasted 20c on life/mana/res gear as the guide said to, and still getting my ass absolutelly kicked in T1 maps doing 5m clears, fml 2 wasted days.
"
Thegodofdmg wrote:
also just hit map wasted 20c on life/mana/res gear as the guide said to, and still getting my ass absolutelly kicked in T1 maps doing 5m clears, fml 2 wasted days.

Is this trolling or am I missing something? Looking at your character you are not ascended to Hierophant, you are level 64 (Tier 1 Maps start at 68 afaik, meaning you do less damage and monsters do more) and you have Arc and Ball Lightning with 3 supports in your 5-link and 2x Archmage, 1x Lightning Pen, 1x Spell Echo in one 4-link. This doesn't make sense to me.

"
Archmage Support now has Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to 75% of Mana Cost (previously 60%).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3152771

I guess the latest patch notes were good for the build?
Last edited by jybpoe on Jul 28, 2021, 4:31:30 AM
"
jybpoe wrote:
"
Archmage Support now has Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to 75% of Mana Cost (previously 60%).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3152771

I guess the latest patch notes were good for the build?

This seems more like a compensation because they reduced the mana cost of all the other gems (Lightning Penetration, Spell echo etc.). Without this buff to the Archmage support gem itself this patch would have been more like an additional nerf.
@Enki:

What do you think about putting Unnatural Instinct in the socket near the "Shaper" notable in the endgame tree?

If you use the small passives with life regen to go there that should provide 330 additional Mana, a decent amount of mana regen and quite a bit of damage. I saw something like that on the Archmage Raider builds last league.
Last edited by Tehed on Jul 28, 2021, 7:13:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info