Awakened POE Trade for Mac! Updated for 3.23

"
stark27 wrote:
I'm not sure if you are aware, but the app stops working randomly and requires frequent restarts.

I have not been able to work out why this happens or what triggers it yet

Weird - I've played probably 30 hours this league and haven't really run into this issue, but I can see it happening when the window stops having focus.

Hmm, unfortunately this is pretty hard to debug. One suggestion if you feel like going to the trouble is to run it in your terminal:

"

cd '/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/MacOS'
./Awakened\ PoE\ Trade

Then, when it stops responding, paste the entire output of your Terminal window in here. That should help me debug it!

Also, let me know if you play with it in full-screen mode. I haven't tested that as thoroughly, so that could be part of the cause.
Thanks Arciinus for all the effort!

Your build worked for me.
Though I could only get the "open without auto-hide" to work and not the "auto-hide mode" and even for that I had trouble finding a key binding that worked.

I recently tried to build a current version myself:

"

git clone git@github.com:SnosMe/awakened-poe-trade.git
git pull https://github.com/hsource/awakened-poe-trade macos
merge is basically just the package.json: "electron-overlay-window": "hsource/electron-overlay-window#v2.0.1-macos.3",
yarn install
yarn electron:build

However everything I bind to "open without auto-hide" now just sends the key "c" (which opens the character tab ingame).
E.g. I tried to bind shift+space because that always worked for the overlay (which I bound to something else) but it also just sends the "c".
Maybe some copy (ctrl/cmd+c) action that's broken?

Thanks!

PS: Macbook Air M1
Last edited by poe_BOb on Aug 8, 2021, 2:26:39 PM
I'm really appreciating your effort.

But you're not updating it regularly. So could you provide a source and/or script to give us a chance, upgrading ourselves? Or let us participate!?

Or are you working on the update???
"
zelaus wrote:
I'm really appreciating your effort.

But you're not updating it regularly. So could you provide a source and/or script to give us a chance, upgrading ourselves? Or let us participate!?

Or are you working on the update???

Hi! I haven't been able to reproduce any of the issues and the app is still working fine for me. If you want to hack on it, feel free to use the branch in this pull request: Added MacOS support #403.

Issues with window focus may also be caused by the change to electron-overlay-window
I had a question if you have time. So, brand new to coding, I think I have finally figured out how to make edits off of your branch and publish my fork of it. How are you creating your .dmg for your release? or is there a way to patch my changes without having to install my own version of the client?

I'm currently experiencing issues using any @last chat commands. So that's why i've been messing around with it. Thanks a bunch for your work to port to macos. I've been using it a bunch
"
SoraRiku wrote:
I had a question if you have time. So, brand new to coding, I think I have finally figured out how to make edits off of your branch and publish my fork of it. How are you creating your .dmg for your release? or is there a way to patch my changes without having to install my own version of the client?

I'm currently experiencing issues using any @last chat commands. So that's why i've been messing around with it. Thanks a bunch for your work to port to macos. I've been using it a bunch

For building it, I just refer to the package.json file. I use the yarn package manager, so the commands are:

"

# To develop on
yarn electron:serve
# To build for packaging
yarn electron:build

If you run npm, it's the same, but `npm run MY_COMMAND`

Hope that helps! To be honest I haven't used a lot of the chat commands
@first ty
Oh, also... Yesterday as I installed APT v2.10.5, it worked like a charm. Today... I can't make it work?!

Do you have any suggestions maybe? Thanks in advance!

Spoiler

A JavaScript error occured in the main process

Uncaught Exception:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token A in JSON at position 159
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at ElectronStore.Conf._deserialize (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/conf/dist/source/index.js:64:43)
at ElectronStore.get store [as store] (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/conf/dist/source/index.js:273:43)
at new Conf (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/conf/dist/source/index.js:127:32)
at new ElectronStore (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-store/index.js:61:3)
at /Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/background.js:2:530057
at Module.<anonymous> (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/background.js:2:532359)
at n (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/background.js:2:110)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/background.js:2:280853)
at n (/Applications/Awakened PoE Trade.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/background.js:2:110)
Last edited by Axierastos on Sep 23, 2021, 6:20:26 AM
is still running ?

i cannot launch in mac os mojave !!!

$ ./Awakened\ PoE\ Trade
(node:3273) electron: The default of contextIsolation is deprecated and will be changing from false to true in a future release of Electron. See https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/23506 for more information
GVA encoder info: AMD performance mode : 2
GVA encoder info: deleteSCDMetalContext : texture cache hits: 0, misses: 0
hook_run [1295]: Accessibility API is disabled!
Abort trap: 6
Last edited by Stainblades on Oct 11, 2021, 10:22:30 AM
"
Stainblades wrote:
is still running ?

i cannot launch in mac os mojave !!!

$ ./Awakened\ PoE\ Trade
(node:3273) electron: The default of contextIsolation is deprecated and will be changing from false to true in a future release of Electron. See https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/23506 for more information
GVA encoder info: AMD performance mode : 2
GVA encoder info: deleteSCDMetalContext : texture cache hits: 0, misses: 0
hook_run [1295]: Accessibility API is disabled!
Abort trap: 6

I think you need to do this part of the instructions to make sure Accessibility API is enabled!

I'll try to make it not crash in the future when Accessibility isn't granted, but it might be a while.

"
2. Run the app by right clicking and clicking Open. It'll ask for Accessibility permissions. Open up the settings using the link and grant the permissions by checking the box. If you'd installed a previous version, you need to unlock permissions using the lock, and then uncheck/check Awakened POE Trade again. Then, relaunch it and it should work.
Last edited by arciinus on Oct 15, 2021, 10:41:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info