Game Balance in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

As someone that considers herself pretty hardcore but not a no-lifer I'm pretty cool with most of these changes. I'm still pumped about bricking Split spammers cause I genuinely hated that abuse.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
Wow...one of the first set of Nerf Notes I sort of agree with.

Shame for people who like DoT starters, but at least they will have the new blood gems to try.

As a wave of conviction and Corrupted Soul fan, it is sad to see minor nerfs, but I have some new build ideas that should compensate.

Now if they would just revise the Harvest changes a bit, I might actually be excited for this league.
Some well deserved nerfs... along needless ones.

I can't understand why nerfing fractured maps is a good thing. The issue is not with the map themselves, but with their reward. Why not just gutting drops and allow fractured maps (just for the challenge of running them)?
"
alex_disp wrote:

"take all of your toys"
All other league mechanics got buffed a lot(except for talisman but who cares).
"NOOO THEY TOOK ALL MY TOYSSSSS!"
Try other crafting methods for a change maybe?
Did you need harvest crafting to kill A8 Sirus before harvest?

You missed my “haha” at the end, I was just trying to meme his metaphor. I don’t really care about what GGG nerfs. I’m gonna play anyway because someone will always figure things out for us. And since nothing really new is coming out in this league, I’ll start with a build I’ve never started with before and will try to min/max it. :)
I will never understand how people find it fun to play the same build over and over again, league after league.

But each to their own.
AGAIN NERFED LEAGUE, AGAIN SAME MISSTAKE GGG!

Many angry players = low budged from MICROTRANSACTIONS, bad strategy GGG!

Only children who are unable to raise currency for a "META BUILD" are happy...

I'll tell you the secret: RPG game is about farming currency for top gear (endgame top gear = meta build) :-D Low currency = child causal players, no support microtransactions...

Last edited by BigGeorgesCZE on Apr 13, 2021, 3:52:23 PM
I know no one at GGG is reading this except mods with keyphrase filters for censoring, but correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't all this just mean a new market niche for streamer slaves/tryhards? (Doing the trades/gambles to make the delirium maps and selling them?)

Seems like that's the intended order generally. A top 0.1% wallstreet findom base served by the chores done by the 99.9% (whose goal isn't to liberate each other but become wallstreet one day.)

Because unless you're in ssf, the ONLY determinant for success in this game is trade "skill." Which just amounts to a having a certain slimy personality type. The rest is just playing with what you bought.

Of course casuals end up shafted because less good gear over all to go around. If my 6 white explode chest stays as a legacy I may never leave standard.

Standard is also the answer for people worried about free time. Leave league to the tryhards. Sure it's an mtx punish, but in my 7-8 years here I've only ever gotten 36 once because I don't group and I HATE trade/task piano.

Everyone bragging how good they are: Play by my conducts and see how far you get, no really. It won't be far. They aren't wrong, I am my own worst enemy.

The only people who actually suffer in the gaming community are second rate speedrunners and scrubs. If you win in the end, for any reason, then it wasn't suffering, it was investment.

I've never understood why people treat gambling itself as a loss. Gambling is neither. Gambling is travel, winning and losing are destination attributes. Loss is loss. If you end up winning then loss was purely theoretical. Something that happens to other people.

Honoring winners is absurd in a sense. Like kicking losers. Winning is its own reward. Loss its own punishment. This is why I can't stand limited portals AND exp loss on death. We already have a hardcore mode, I don't need to be punished twice for dying in so called "soft" core.

The entire league is built around failure punishing, which is both an awful lesson to teach people since mistakes are critical to learning, and a griefy shady thing to do. This will be the first league I'm spending in standard unless heavily lured by guild members or the like.

We're all chasing dopamine. And I don't see how this league's changes are anything but less pleasure overall for everyone. More chores, less play, higher costs.

Speaking of feels, 99.99% of my deaths feel cheap and stolen. That's a failure on GGG's part, end of story. It is their job to provide a pleasing experience within the scope of their value proposition. Repeatedly making the player feel cheated, (one shot off screen rule hypocrisy with no hit log and arbitrary exceptions and a different set of rules for bosses/streamers/the rich etc) is a game design flaw.

However, the buff will be poe 2.

Otherwise, catering to sadists maybe? Exploiting the work ethic? Might be wise, they tend to have money. Slaves in real life, slaves online. Hard to say which. Maybe a little of both?

GGG onlyfans when? (You know they'd have subscribers.)

Also, I'll say it again, the classes were a mistake. I hate being forced to play a specific gender/age/color to play a specific type of build. I should be able to get any class on any character so long as I'm willing to spend some skill points on it.

Frankly I'd like to see classes/voices made totally cosmetic. Call them professions and let anyone choose any of them. Either that or just give us pre-builds to choose from. They clearly have a control issue afterall.

But yeah, guy was right, these nerfs are laying the groundwork for poe 2 link system changes. No way they could or should do it all at once. Even if that isn't the goal/reason, it's a flawless excuse.

Also, why do people equate task piano with game play? Frankly the new link system worries me for this very reason. I'm not here to input combos like it's a fighting game. I already don't like the bullet hell quick time elements of this game. I just wanna chew up mobs to get better at chewing up mobs. That's the point of this genre. Scratching that hunter gatherer itch.

People really need to stop scolding other people for wanting a more passive play style. Some of us are even disabled and need fewer inputs for physical reasons. (Hand deformity checking in.)

So stop telling me how to have fun. I might have different tastes and different needs.

My plan is literally to dick around in standard with all my broken builds until the new metas emerge and I can reverse engineer them into something tolerable.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Apr 13, 2021, 5:11:23 PM
"
ettanportion wrote:
I will never understand how people find it fun to play the same build over and over again, league after league.

But each to their own.

Well some people like to play other builds THEY want not cause they are forced too. GGG never balance the game, they just overnerf some stuff and overbuff other so the pawns jump from meta to meta each league. That's why I've being playing less and less. From 2.0 foward the game is became a joke. I probably will be back in a few months play a league and quit.

There is no longterm progression anymore, its just streamers and races. Not the game for me.

And for god sake white knights stop defending this bullshit. They overbuffed a lot of stuff and now are "fixing" the problem so they are not competent devs, and for sure do not deserve a praise.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on Apr 13, 2021, 3:48:23 PM
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
"
ettanportion wrote:

But each to their own.

Well some people like to play other builds THEY want not cause they are forced too. GGG never balance the game, they just overnerf some stuff and overbuff other so the pawns jump from meta to meta each league. That's why I've being playing less and less. From 2.0 foward the game is became a joke. I probably will be back in a few months play a league and quit.

There is no longterm progression anymore, its just streamers and races. Not the game for me.

There are plenty of builds that have been meta for a long time, and continue to be so. Every league it is the same complaining, but it turns how their favorite build is still OP. Something becoming less OP is not a bad thing.

Streamers and racers? I mean most streamers play ED, Bleed or Impale anyway which anyone can do. Cheap, end game viable builds.
"
ettanportion wrote:

But each to their own.

I usually always start with the same class because grinding those 164 maps takes a lot of time and it’s kind of like doing chores, so playing a build/class that I know well saves me a lot of time (I think it’s the reason why people dislike nerfs). Then I can start making currency faster to level up what other build I wanna play. But this league I’ll start differently since there’s no new challenge and I already killed Maven, Sirus A9, The Feared deathless in 3.13.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info