Game Balance in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

"
Fleshdancer wrote:
Mum! GGG nerfed my favourite build! Again! They do this every league! ;(;(;(

Don't worry son, instead of 1 second, you might need 2 seconds to kill non-phase bosses next league, maybe now you will eventually see some of the famous boss mechanics your friends are talking about!

But mum! If i don't kill the boss in less than a sec how would i survive all the horrible onehit-mechanics? You know my reflexes are not that great! I feel like GGG hates me!

Come on son, how would you ever learn to play without exploiting those meta skills? And every league again you expect them to stay that way! How is this rational? Just pick a different OP-build if you really have so much fun switching off your brain for 99.9% of the game...

But mum, my favourite toys make me so efficient and...

SHUT UP SON! AND DON'T YOU DARE TAKE MY CREDIT-CARD FOR YOUR FIRST HH AGAIN, YOU WILL FINALLY HAVE TO EARN IT YOURSELF! GGG BEING MEAN IS NOT AN EXCUSE!

An exchange with my mom, 12.04.2021
I still love her, but she just doesn't understand how nerfs affect our brains, am i right guys!

OMEGALOL this is gold
Nailed it on harvest nerf and all the reworks (Nice bunch of QoL incoming). Reap and petrified blood look good, even if they suck this league, they may come around next league.

These nerfs are all GG, except TR imo. It's damage isn't crazy without the elder mod and that is gone for good, so...

9/10. Hyped for 3.14.
POGGERS
if the goal here was to reduce players' play time so that we all go out and get jobs out of boredom then i'd say you've done a wonderful job, RIP the endgame grind.
Seems like too much nerf. Where is the nerf to getting randomly one shotted by a mob? You nerf all these skills but no matter how many defensive layers you have there is always that random one shot that kills of your character. Not to mention you introduced random sirius in maps last league. Skipped last league and most likely will skip this league as well. Same old crap and its quite boring now.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
"
Incarcerated wrote:

Ok some quick points here:
Deep delving changes affects people at around 500+ delve level the most. 99.9% of players do not get this far in delve so don't try to make this an issue.
Delirium will still be as accessible as it was before. The cost has not changed, the rewards have simply been lowered. They were also too profitable by far and WILL REMAIN VERY PROFITABLE. Again, this is a non-issue.

The fun for 90% of players is not affected by any of these changes aside from accessibility to overpowered items. If you need overpowered items to play, you're either playing a bad build and need to optimise or you're not good at playing the game.
I can't stress this enough. The nerfs are needed. A diverse meta creates more opportunities for all players and makes build enabling items more accessible.

Or maybe overpowered items enabled weak, but fun builds to get to end game? This and harvest hits, are a hit to diversity.

Nope. I have made viable builds with every skill I have wanted to play in every league since around bestiary. Creativity and experimentation is required. OP items aren't. My benchmark was to always design my builds without including influenced items and then add them to the build later when it is in the final optimisation stages.
OP gear makes you lazy.

Hi great to read this. After the amazing buffs to scorching ray last league can you please provide a link to an end game viable scorching ray build?
This manifesto is the best thing i read in a while. If it also said "harvest is deleted from the game" it would have been perfect. I might play this league after all. Good Job.
like !
"

Hi great to read this. After the amazing buffs to scorching ray last league can you please provide a link to an end game viable scorching ray build?

Nope. Never played it but I'm sure there's a build out there for ya. Just don't expect your build to be insta-phasing bullshit. Some builds just don't make it to endgame bosses. This is fine.
Not all builds are 100% endgame viable. If it clears t16, it's fine.
after reading most of the comments its like u give a kid good toy then u took it back and now that kid is crying and this kid dont want to try other toys he has.

Sorry for bad English

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info