Game Balance in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

Is there anything fun in Ultimatum? All I'm seeing is nerfs, that isn't fun. How about buffs? Anything? I mean, there are some fun skills out there that are unusable in the current game.
so i can finally generate vaal casts in a boss fight now?
sick!
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
sounds good! i'm excited for Ultimatum
"
(as you are not your own Enemy).

You don't know me!
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
thanks for killing poison/bleed for no good reason
Single headedly destroyed your entire game,.

Aura bot's = dead,.
Self cursers = dead,.
Fracturing maps = dead,.
Crafting = dead,.

Thanks for lying to us about boosting aura bots I hope everyone quits what a stupid nerf,.
Last edited by TiLung on Apr 12, 2021, 8:25:02 PM
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
Ruspi wrote:
"
Anayoridango wrote:
Haha that is really funny ! How a studio that is sollely living on one only game keeps shitting on it as if there are no tommorrows xD
I don't understand why you would create frustrations and anger toward the majority of your player base by applying a bunch of nerfs to what makes the game fun, instead of applying a bunch of buffs to all the underated mechanics/skills/items... Which would rouse the opposite effect (more people playing cause all mechanics and stuffs are balanced)
I don't understand how out of GGG staff, which is their job to keep their game entertaining, NONE of them seems to understand that a frustrating game is A LOT LESS attractive than a satisfying game with a motley player base.

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT A NON PVP/Competitive game doesn't need to get thrown into garbage just to fulfill some misplaced egos/greed ?

Best consideration read in this thread so far. Bravo !!

Actually, no.
If GGG always buffs and never nerfs, we end up in a situation where they need to buff boss/mob health again. Nerfs are how we keep the game numbers balanced and the game has NEVER been as balanced as it is now so quit your whining and appreciate the delicate dance they are performing for us.

I agree on some aspects you said. But when I'm talking about nerfs, I'm talking more about the nature of things they nerf. In my opinion, they decided to nerf or annihilate whams of content that retains a good proportion of their player base. For example, deep delving will be really less entertaining for a lot of player for no good reason ; 100% deli maps will become really expensive to run and far from the profit we had this league.

And for me, this will result in frustration because I won't see any interest in "grinding" endgame as there is no more endgame decently reachable (saying this whereas I did 36 challenges and farm this league). The endgame should still be here but only for the 0.1% that, whatever happens in the game, will play and go to the endgame. So I really don't see the point of taking back the fun of maybe 90% of the players and letting be the top 5% of the hardcore players (I don't take in account the 5% of ultra casu players), while saying the exact opposite...

It is in that matters that I think these types of nerfs are really really bad and not understandable.
But on the other hand, I always welcome stats nerfs (items, skills, ascendency...), as they have to be balanced when new content comes in, in order to have the maximum of builds playable.
I'm so glad you guys are buffing 40 skill gems!
Jesus, stop fucking whinning !

These balance changes and nerfs are amazing ! Finally, long overdue.

And guess what, everything is and will still be viable.

(only thing missing is minions getting nerfed altogether)

And to those saying they're gonna quit or whatever, good riddance see you
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info