Shockwave Totem

They totally killed the Shockwave Totem. They could have nerfed the damage, but they went overboard with the range. My heavy strike has more range than my totem.

It has no range at all. Melee mobs destroy it on 2 hits because it has no life and it lets melee mobs get to it with ease.

Either get rid of it or make some adjustments, because it is completely useless. And yes I have support gems linked to it.
Agreeing with the over-nerfed sentiment.

This skill was practically a necessity for my melee Templar once I hit Merciless. It never seemed overpowered at all (maybe I didn't abuse it right), just useful enough for crowd control and managing health regen/ES rares. And now it went from just fine to almost completely useless for me. This is especially awful now that mobs are about twice as big.

Everything feels wrong now. The AoE radius is too small for any real crowd control, you'd have to be right next to it and surrounded by enemies to get any real use out of it, in which case you'd be dead. On top of that, the attack rate is slower making it easier for enemies to hit it before it even has a chance to activate. On top of that, the health is lower so it won't take but one or two of those hits at best. And on top of that, the mana cost has gone up significantly so you can't cast new ones quite as easily every time one is destroyed.

I get the feeling that maybe Shockwave Totem isn't the problem but rather it's that stacking supports on it can make it overpowered. So maybe instead of nerfing Shockwave Totem you could add AoE radius debuffs or something to some supports, specifically the various added damage ones.
I'd like to add my name to the "you overdid it", this coming from someone who felt it was too powerful beforehand.

Mind you, at level 40+, it started to lose its powerfulness. Ranged mobs could take it out fairly easy - lightning mobs ate it in 3 hits. Given the amount of mobs that have gotten upgrades that would benefit from having a ranged option like a totem (tar zombies and burning ddrops for example), you may want to restore the totem to it's former glory.

I would keep the mana increase, however. That would somewhat limit its use at lower levels which would balance it somewhat.
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
Hi,

I played my ranger with shockwave as main kill spell. I am lvl 49. before .10 i have played in merciless with some attention and a lot of running. But with the new patch and the massive nerf for totem its unplayable.

Damage: before around 400 after 180.
Range: before was ok, after its a joke.
Speed: before a bit to fast, after see above.
Life: i skilled it, i used 20 gcp, the totem life for 3 hits by a normal mob. with the little range and speed it hits only for 1 or 2 casts. it kills nothing now !!! (normal mobs).

In my opinion the skill isnt usefull als main skill and for a 2nd or 3rd option the most players will chose other skills as shockwave.

I would like to see that the skill gets back the old speed and range and more hitpoints. And new support skill gems for speed, range, dam (dots??) and life. For players who would use shockwave as main skill.

So shockwave with very high crit chance, with cold support and diamond flask was way too powerful but with the new system you can delete the gem from game. its dead.

Cucu..

Bee´s Funf Fun Builder .. Eifel
Bump up the damage and range slightly and it may be a remotely usable skill. Right now it is utter trash. Yes it was overpowered before but you've nerfed it to the point where it does basically nothing at all.
only thing i want from this skill in means of a change is a 50% increase in the current AoE range or a third of original range. as on right now, even with a 15% radius/range boost, it still doens't hit sand spitters which is begging for a necessary change(to reach the shortest ranged foe) to be usable. all other effects of the recent "nerf" are properly mitigated via the extra totem count (as expected?).
Is there any plan to revisit these? Even with all 6 of the passives from the skilltree their range is dismal, damage minor and life expectancy laughable. Wish I had known they were balanced so far the other way before I spent the skillpoints to get the 6 passives. Mobs almost have to be in melee range of them to trigger them, and by then they might only get one or 2 pulses before they die.

I can understand that they had to be brought in line, especially with the TRAP link giving you the ability to put 5 of them on the field, but with the limit of 2 that is in place (only if you spend the points to actually get 2) I think they might need to be strengthened a bit.
IGN: Mortui_Resurgent, Quisinart, DarkVoid, BlindFury
I'm on the 2nd difficulty level 31.I'm finding the kill speed fine at this stage.I have damage boosted by Hatred and lightening damage SG plus I have the 2 totem keystone.No other passives boosting it at the moment.Have to see how it goes on later difficulties.

Anyway though for the same investment as a direct attack skill I don't think it should kill as fast since it's an auto attack skill.I think it's fine if you can get really great killing speed from it but at a cost of a lot of investment.That's my thoughts on it.

Can this crit at all,I don't see a base crit in the stat screen.Was going to see how it went with elemental proliferation.

Last edited by Kavlor on Jul 11, 2012, 1:46:33 PM
Which auras work on this?
"
kurlie wrote:
Which auras work on this?
only hatred

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info