Righteous Fire

Is the spell damage buff on this skill working for anyone?
"
Is the spell damage buff on this skill working for anyone?
Apparently not. I'm looking into that.
Update: Fixed for a future patch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 11, 2012, 12:00:53 AM
Witch, lvl 29.

This skill is currently unusable by a new character. I doubt I'll achieve enough specialization to actually use it until lvl 50 or so. Twinking would alleviate this slightly.

In theory this skill is awesome and has an extremely powerful effect. I wonder if it might be better to have lvls decrease the self damage instead of buffing spell damage so it's less of an all or nothing skill (either focus your whole build around it or dont bother). But I'll see how it performs at higher lvls.
Still i would really like to know if the damage part of the skill scales with anythin other than HP..
Spelldamage? elemental damage?? burn/damage/duration? ... and am i right to asume that No support gems works with this?
I'm not sure how this skill would be usable in hardcore mode. It seems like any combination of builds leaves the character too vulnerable to chaos damage. Chaos inoculation makes it not work, and anything else means you'll eventually have low health and damage will pass through your shield.
It damages your shield before your HP, so chaos damage is less of a concern than... incoming damage in general.
I have a huge beef with this skill. It's terrible. I tested it on the alpha and complained about it, and seems like I was kinda ignored. I'd like to know how any dev considers the skill good.

It could KINDA work in PvP under special circumstances when combined with flicker strike, but that's really pushing it.

The problems with the skill are numerous:
— The damage it deals to the player is never worth the damage it deals to the monster.

— When the damage to the enemy is buffed, the damage to the player is also buffed, so it's completely pointless to buff the skill effect (aside from leveling it)

— The skill has no way of getting buffed short of resistances (which don't cover it, particularly since both sides have fire resistance), and curse (I think everything in the game can get buffed by one curse or another so that hardly even counts)

— Perhaps most importantly, it has piss-poor range. It makes it one of the most tedious skills to use, but since it brings you to 1 health in a few seconds (often killing you, particularly if an archer is around), the tediousness doesn't last for long. It's just completely messed up in every sense

"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

-Is there any Support gem that will work with this skill? ( i tested some support gems and not even Item Quntity works!!)

-Will + %fire/spell damage increase the damage?

-Will + %Elemental Damage increase the damage?

-Will + %AOE Radius and AoE Damage work on this skill?
I'm not completely sure, but I don't think fire damage, spell damage, elemental damage, or area damage increases it. They all work in the same way, so there's no reason not to lump them together.

AoE radius works with it, but it sucks, because the radius is so small to begin with it's rather pointless I find. Aura radius does not work from what I remember, but I might be remembering wrong.

I don't think any support gem works with this.
"
halfdead2 wrote:

1.what passives affect this spell?
3.does it work with elemental proliferation?
the AoE is so small that i cant even notice +AoE passives so the only real AoE effect could be given by this support gem.
though i dont know how the game handles this some what special burn.
Buff effect, burn damage are the only passives that affect it as far as I know. Both of those increase damage dealt to the player as well, so the skill remains just as terrible.
Elemental proliferation is not affected by regular burning, so I presume it also is not by this burning.

"
aimlessgun wrote:

This skill is currently unusable by a new character. I doubt I'll achieve enough specialization to actually use it until lvl 50 or so. Twinking would alleviate this slightly.

In theory this skill is awesome and has an extremely powerful effect. I wonder if it might be better to have lvls decrease the self damage instead of buffing spell damage so it's less of an all or nothing skill (either focus your whole build around it or dont bother). But I'll see how it performs at higher lvls.

I'll agree that the skill is terrible. I wouldn't say it has much hope of being good unless many MAJOR changes were done to it though. At that point it could certainly become a good skill though.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Another issue that makes this skill nigh unusable is the inability to toggle it off. You burn until you get to 1 HP. That's really, really effed up. If you're a caster with high ES and low HP to mitigate the self burn, you have to literally wait till it burns you down to 1HP, heal yourself, let your shield regen, and then finally move on the next pack.

I'm going to move heaven and earth to use this skill in PvE because 70% more spell damage is completely broken if you can actually have decent uptime on it. But right now this is looking like a skill that is in service of faceroll lolburst PvP where you try to 3 shot someone in the space of your RF buff, before your opponent lolflickers you to death.

And I guess that is the test behind this skill? Give players a insanely overpowered effect with a ludicrously restrictive mechanic and dare them to break it.

And then if people do break it, any build that can successfully leverage 70% more spellpower is just going to be flat out better than every other caster build in the game, and have to get nerfed into the ground.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 12, 2012, 2:53:52 AM
Ok, time to destroy my own build.... but its Beta, so i must :(

This skill is heavy OP

I skilled an Marauder on all +x% of you maximal health hpreg/sec + 81% fireres + vitaly skill gem and now start to skill all x% max hp skills.

Aktualy, i got only 1k hp (that would deal 500 dmg/sec) but soon it will be 2 k or more.

My belt holds:
2 flasks that dispel burning (that turns Rigthouse fire off)
1 flask with high ammount of recover
1 Manaflask (for elemental weakness)
1 Ruby flask

How to play:
Pull some monsters, curse them with elemtal weekness, and let get surrounded ( i wont die cassue heavy hpreg) than turn Rightous fire on, and drink the heavy hpreg flask.
Thats enought that i dont loose hp throught righthouse fire and all normal monsters die instant.

If my hp are at half, i drink Ruby flask, and my hp will regain fast to maximum again. If i go to get in danger, cause the enemie has to mutch hp/resistences ( what only occurs, if i fight to Merveil or a realy, realy strong bossmonster) or to mutch monsters at distance or simply no monster is alive, i drink a dispell burning flask, and be back at maximum health in a few seconds.

The only monsters i dont can kill instant are totems, cause they dont be hit by rihthous fire (bug?)... but anyway, if i dont turn righthouse fire on, iam still an nearly impossible to kill tank, and can slay them with my fist, if i whant.

Aktualy, i can hold this skill up to around 8 seconds with no flasks using, and around 30 seconds with flask using at one cast...or mutch longer if i dispel it sometimes to regain my full hp.

If i find an item with + maximal fire resistences, this will be over.

Better rework this skill, that it deals a static, not based on maximum life, dmg to monsters and let you loose 10% of ure hp by ignore resistences/Energy shild and turn off all hp reg during effect.
That dispels burning turn it off is an good idea, so u only can turn it off by drink a flask.

IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on May 12, 2012, 2:45:49 AM
Can you post your build and level? What areas are you doing this in?

Unless youre breezing through 10 minute chaos runs, you can't call something "heavy OP" :) The math just does not support the burn AoE being any good. Even if you double it with burn passives, at 1k HP you're only doing 1k DPS, which is utterly pathetic.

But a HP based caster is probably the best bet to break this skill.

Great tip with the diseplls burning flasks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info