Righteous Fire

"
Azhubham wrote:
(1) I wonder how this skill interacts with a totemify-support..
Unavailable
Does the totem (if it works at all) apply the burn to your character or to itself (burning for whatever amount of hp greater than 1 it might have), costing no mana to cast?
mechanics?
"
Tertium_Quid wrote:

I was the only Alpha member who found and used this gem from level 31 until Chaos. It is not a quest reward; in fact, I suspect it will be one of the rarest supports.

This support increases the number of totems every 6 levels. It inherits all of your stats: it has your cast speed and whatever your damage (among other things) would be if you were casting the linked spell from that location, but it has a mana supply independent of your own.

Like the other Totems, it lasts as long as its health or duration does and you can recast when needed, but it is really expensive. With the gem and other supports I used, it was over 100 the moment I added this gem and, I suspect, would have have been around 200 by the time I reached chaos.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30777

(2) Also (since the gem's tooltip reads 'ignites you') are these specific passives able to provide one's character with a chance to avoid being ignited by this spell? If so, does the game 'drop' the effect's aoe damage as well?

Sorry, Totem support does not work with Righteous Fire in that way... It caused a crash, so both it and Phase Run have been disabled with that support.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Some Question:

-Is there any Support gem that will work with this skill? ( i tested some support gems and not even Item Quntity works!!)

-Will + %fire/spell damage increase the damage?

-Will + %Elemental Damage increase the damage?

-Will + %AOE Radius and AoE Damage work on this skill?

And if i use the skill my Damage from all Spells are the same like without the spell, that sucks :/
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on May 9, 2012, 9:15:15 PM
Working on a build!

Whats current best single target spell?
Probably Ice Spear.
"
Nice thought on those passives, hadn't considered that. In addition, couldn't you pair this with Molten Shell so it takes the damage to keep it up longer while also constantly exploding the Shell?

And I think linking RF to a Life Leech gem could be the key in high uptime on it.

Molten shell only absorbs damage mitigated by armor, and armor only mitigates physical damage.
The increased spell damage portion of this skill does not seem to be working.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Nice thought on those passives, hadn't considered that. In addition, couldn't you pair this with Molten Shell so it takes the damage to keep it up longer while also constantly exploding the Shell?

And I think linking RF to a Life Leech gem could be the key in high uptime on it.

Molten shell only absorbs damage mitigated by armor, and armor only mitigates physical damage.

Right, forgot that, usually only looks at the skill stats that are in blue.

Anyone know if you can get Life Leech as a quest reward?
"You burn for fire damage equal to 100% of your maximum life per second"

So what with zero fire resist you kill yourself in one second? Even with max 75% fire resist you kill yourself in 4 seconds. Am I reading this wrong?
the effect ends when at 1hp left so you cant kill yourself (well not only with this spell :D )
Last edited by halfdead2 on May 10, 2012, 5:09:39 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"You burn for fire damage equal to 100% of your maximum life per second"

So what with zero fire resist you kill yourself in one second? Even with max 75% fire resist you kill yourself in 4 seconds. Am I reading this wrong?

It stops at 1 hp, but yes it burns you out very fast. If you get the increased max resist nodes you can have 81% fire resist, that's another second there alone. With some good regen you can get to about 6.5 seconds. Of course, if the Life Leech gem works on this, with max resist and good regen, you could probably go until you run out of enemies to hit with it. If it doesn't, go go Immortal Call?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info