Righteous Fire

That comment was not made with condescention in mind. I am sorry you interpreted it as such :(
By pointing out the tags, I meant to show how to work out if it'd work on your own; I then answered your question indirectly by summing up the tags of RF, saving you a little effort of checking them yourself.
hey guys, need some help with mechanics of RF
For example i have 100 hp, so my damage from RF will be 50 in second

1) ignate? what is basic chance for ignate and how many dmg it will do? discriptional says "Ignite causes targets to burn, dealing damage over time as fire based on the initial amount of fire damage dealt", so after 1 second damaging with RF, mobs have chance to ignite with 1/3 of the initial fire damage dealt (50 in first sec) - 17 dmg per sec for 4 sec?
2) and if unit already have ignite and continue taking dmg from RF, what it will do?)
sorry for my english)

and some more questions.
3) When RF is damaging units it have chance to crit?
4) why fire penetration and iron will dont work with RF?
5) will Elemental Proliferation work with RFs ignite?
1. Righteous Fire does not trigger Ignite; it simply Burns foes for 50% of your Maximum Life as Fire Damage per second.
3. RF does not Crit.
4. Damage over Time does not cause Hits; FPen only works on Hits.
5. Nope.
omg so sad... so only good support for RF its increase area and increase fire dmg passive?
RF deals Burn damage, so it benefits from Burn damage passives; not Fire damage.

However, increasing Burn damage also means *you* take additional damage. This can be a very dangerous proposition, considering it already deals tremendous damage to oneself (and to enemies).

So yeah, there's not a whole lot you can directly support RF with, to put it lightly. The most noticable boosts to RF are other skills, passives and gear; passives are the least noticable. Pretty funny, that.
Can someone who has tested please tell me what happens when you activate Righteous Fire when you have the Chaos Inoculation Keystone and energy shield?
Last edited by Archescent on Feb 1, 2013, 9:01:48 AM
CI (chaos inoc) makes your hp 1, RF (righteous fire) ends at 1 hp. thus rf never triggers.

it would be interesting if rf worked on original hp values like stun calc does for CI users, but it doesn't.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
CI (chaos inoc) makes your hp 1, RF (righteous fire) ends at 1 hp. thus rf never triggers.

it would be interesting if rf worked on original hp values like stun calc does for CI users, but it doesn't.

Was this tested? I had it explained to me that it was only the burn damage function of the ability that ended at 1hp, meaning that the increased spell damage would still be active indefinitely for CI users. If so, this seems awesome and would really make Chaos Inoculation much more viable!
those that did test aren't speaking up, i'm extremely sure people have tested.
also no that would never happen, players already have that via blood rage gem. that is cast speed (frenzy charges) instead of a very high damage multiplier and constant defense vs humans and apes.
If that was A Thing that happened, everyone would be running CI Casters. RF grants an utterly enormous Spell damage bonus.

RF applies 1 buff and 1 buff only. That buff burns you and enemies, and grants you Spell damage. It ends when you hit 1 Life. Ergo, you don't get a permanent 90% More Spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info