Righteous Fire

does lifeleech work with righous fire? and does the fire pen support work with it also?
Leech does not work on Damage over Time. Would be incredibly broken.
Not sure if Fire Pen works, but if it does, it will also work on *you*.
most of "hit" support gems doesnt work because it dont "hit" its a degen...

i tried fire pen but didnt see any change.
If you take Amplify or Blast radius on the tree, does it increase the damage taken by the righteous fire user?
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
No, but they won't increase the damage dealt either.
the size will definitely change =p shown near start of thread.
another crazy idea, i was looking at some of the 0.10.0 patch notes on krips vids, and what can i say.... i hate CI going down the drain. though its all tentative and could be changed, this brings me back to a RF build.

So on the templar shield passive nodes, the 2 X 5% increase elemental resist nodes are now both 15%. NICE. In that circle there is a 12% spell damage block passive on equipped shield. Does this effect RF self damage?

I dont think so because RF is giving you burning damage, you have already taken the effect.... anywa opinions please guys any first hand experience? thanks i really wanna hear from you guys.
you cannot block a buff as buffs are things allies or self cast on self, you cannot block yourself. logic cries if could. also RF is constant effect not repeating, to further prove cannot block.
I think RF is one of the most interesting skills out there currently, but I don't totally agree with the concept of it. I think PoE is about build diversity and that each character can use any skill gems although some are better than others.
However, with this skill I can't imagine anything else than a Marauder using RF as the self damage penalty is so huge that only characters with +max fire resistance and access to most Life regen nodes can use it. A well geared Mara as seen in the 10th or 11st build of the week can reap the benefits of this skill very well.

But what about other classes such as spellcasting Witches or Shadows? Is there a way for them to upkeep with the self-damage? What if somebody wants to activate RF for the increased spell damage and not the AOE dot?

With 'x hp over 1 minute' stats perhaps? How much of this is possible to achieve? The less max HP you have, the better this stat can regen the amount of HP you lose to RF. Of course low HP is dangerous but can be countered by having a lot of ES. The problem now is that RF damages your ES first. Ghost Reaver and Claws? The question is still: How do I get 80-ish FR?
Saffel's Frame, a Unique Shield, is invaluable for its 5% Max Resists. Purity grants Max Resists at higher levels. You can use a Ruby Flask (preferrably with Qual and a duration-increasing affix) to gain a temporary 10% Max Resist. Cancel it with a Dousing (Life) Flask once you're done nuking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info