Righteous Fire

I haven't used this skill yet, so no feedback per say.. Just a little bit of theory crafting.

I believe the hard cap for resistances is currently 89% (75% base, +6% from passives, +3% from Purity, and +5% from a unique shield). Then, with passives and endurance charges, I believe you can reasonably reach 8% health regen per second. This should put the cumulative effect from Righteous Fire's degeneration to 3% health per second, or a base duration of 33.33 seconds without flasks or life leech.

I'm not saying its an ideal dps build due to RF's small radius, but I believe the build is more than possible, and likely über tankish when RF is not in effect. Use the increased spell damage (Ethereal Knives?) + life leech when it is.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I haven't used this skill yet, so no feedback per say.. Just a little bit of theory crafting.

I believe the hard cap for resistances is currently 89% (75% base, +6% from passives, +3% from Purity, and +5% from a unique shield). Then, with passives and endurance charges, I believe you can reasonably reach 8% health regen per second. This should put the cumulative effect from Righteous Fire's degeneration to 3% health per second, or a base duration of 33.33 seconds without flasks or life leech.

I'm not saying its an ideal dps build due to RF's small radius, but I believe the build is more than possible, and likely über tankish when RF is not in effect. Use the increased spell damage (Ethereal Knives?) + life leech when it is.

purity gives +4% at max level, and there is 7.5% hp/sec regen via passives NOT counting the 0.2% hp/sec per charge. so 8.5% and some extra decimal.

90% - regen amount = self damage taken, yes. which would be 2% hp/sec at this point. the unique chest umbu's charge can counter the remaining amount while low life, or use flasks.

yes rf builds are extremely tanky when rf is not active. massive hp amounts and regen providing most of your defense requardless of dr or evasion or blocking.
[BUG REPORT]

I ran into an interesting bug with this skill. It is supposed to benefit from burn damage passives and equipment bonuses but here's the strangest thing.

I use it with a totem support for a "False Martyr" build, it worked nice enough I suppose until I got Searing Touch unique with a hefty burn damage bonus. The thing is it does less damage then without it for some reason, it's hard to tell on strong enemies but on weak ones you can sometimes see their health plunging fast (much faster than without ST) and then bouncing back to about 2/3 of the way.

Dunno what causes this but I really doubt it's normal and intended behavior.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
Last edited by raic000 on Aug 29, 2012, 8:30:13 AM
"
raic000 wrote:
[BUG REPORT]

I ran into an interesting bug with this skill. It is supposed to benefit from burn damage passives and equipment bonuses but here's the strangest thing.

I use it with a totem support for a "False Martyr" build, it worked nice enough I suppose until I got Searing Touch unique with a hefty burn damage bonus. The thing is it does less damage then without it for some reason, it's hard to tell on strong enemies but on weak ones you can sometimes see their health plunging fast (much faster than without ST) and then bouncing back to about 2/3 of the way.

Dunno what causes this but I really doubt it's normal and intended behavior.

I believe this is caused by desyncing. The "regen" is the client being updated with the correct life. Its very noticable when using shield charge.
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Flasks like
Unavailable
add additional + 10% so you can get to 99% temporarly. Or at least it seems so...
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
0.9.12 nerfs life regeneration nodes and thus nerfs this skill a bit as well. Now it's going to be even harder to make this work effectively, but keep trying!
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
this already is unique item dependent for most part, so why the "nerf"?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
this already is unique item dependent for most part, so why the "nerf"?

It probably wasn't targeted towards this skill... It's just a side effect.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
among the information described in patch notes, there is one less 0.4 (previously 0.5) node on grid than from before. this now means the 0.2 per endurance is now "required" for righteous fire players.
next the max res node group is 5% instead of 6% but 1 less skill point (one node instead of 2).

example build containing all of above, 90% optimized via mara start and leaves room for options/extras (only 61 points used). however it is missing int boosts for purity aura and leveling up the gem this thread is about.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBADZkywCWxecEjqecB2uU1QeMEywKZdlOCy826BIhjyMX7NacIkJ7lymGwI8xk0n3NDa1ajeXCEQ3xCN_RR2NtEc8jLlHXYLCSVDK3VNPbMJUeecAVgyrrVnpMgFbPAaMW3nBl1upQbFyn1bUeE0Bus2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz6I3qHabb0JK0z_we7uKQBnw3Uh0vEfe4KQRgMXA5lhvioV0PfQ0JfT6zqWa1YyD9KgveomqQzF8udZEYapIAfOh5oQ15K_cDpokT1nImb0C5wnqKoNe7weE1xwS3SNReNlsQ2DJeg_6qhZ2BpOHH37zR3cYq2VV0g==
because there's plenty of points left over, it is same to say that all three str classes can handle getting all relevantly important nodes (regen, res max, and endurance) giving some freedom. the 0.9.12 patch saved a few skill points and thus optioning up personality/exploration (5 points is a lot...).

however, further or the rest of the math:

don't know if purity was changed, but it is safer to assume someone is not maxing it anymore. lv 15 will be +3% res max (don't know the plain res gain at that magnitude yet), lv 20 (max) is 4% res last documented. so, max res will be 75(base) +5(passive) +5(unique shield) +3 [or 4](aura) = 88% or 89%

life regen total is 7% hp/sec, 5.8% total from every passive, then 1.2% from 6 endurance charges. would be pointless to use the unique ring to add endurance charges in my opinion as the duration nodes nearby are just as important now.

88 +7 = 95 so a person with everything required would take 5% hp as damage per second from rf. or 4% if maxed purity. at this point umbu's charge and araku tiki (coral ammy unique) would give 3% hp sec while low life (under 35% hp), leaving potions to now be required specially if replacing umbu for kaom's heart... but then life flasks won't do anything at all for you.

edit: forgot to add that the much lower lv [7] unique shield, springleaf, vs the res shield (lv 59 saffell's frame) is 6% regen while low life, it'll just make ends meet if maxing purity... 82 +7 +1 +2 +6 = 100 with a moderately large sacrifice to defense.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Sep 10, 2012, 10:12:54 AM
I did some more testing and it seems to be confirmed, it turns out that burn damage passives and item mods actually REDUCE total damage of Righteous Fire but make it burn down faster. Tested when used with totem support.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
Last edited by raic000 on Sep 11, 2012, 7:08:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info