Righteous Fire

ontop of that, the firestaff is bad because it makes you take more self damage.
Im just a bit worried about the damage. This skill requires you to build around it if you wanna use it for anything else besides the +spellpower.

And for offensive use it really is only good early on when you cant keep it up, and falls off compared to other dps builds that are way safer later on.

I cant say for myself as i have not had a 60+ char yet, but it seems a good dps at that lvl is 4k or even more. And the highest hp character i have seen had a bit more than 5k hp. That would mean that a 5k hp character that built all around hp regen and resists, would have a tiny 2.5k burning dmg per second area around himself while he would have to stand in the monsters faces, and that might be risky at higher lvls.

Im pretty sure the dmg done to enemies could be safely bumped up a bit, or at least made so that you can boost the burning dmg with + fire dmg nodes, and items.
well as my newr rf character reached lv 42, his defenses are falling behind because i had to get endurance charge nodes and aura cost reduction nodes. he's only about 1.4k hp and kills just fine but rare based mobs give him issues (they tend to hit hard while i bounce around at low life) till i can get back to the level to use my high lv enduring cry for 25% dr and 1 %hp/sec regen boost. till then, i'm a fantastic distraction/tank for my duelist dw axe friend to clean things up.

due to the build not yet finished as far as passives go, vulnerability and elemental weakness curses kinda hurt... a LOT. and my damage while not using rf is ground slam with embarrassing acc and shield charge that is insanely good but only single target. they are linked to blood magic support gem so i can just spam it and without care (84 hp/sec regen atm).

edit: i only have "some" hp boosts and only node on passives grid for res is to up maximum. my equip and aura are all my res needs.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 21, 2012, 12:11:06 PM
I honestly would love it if this spell were more centered around the bonus +spell damage, since it takes ridiculous investment to keep the spell running for more than 1.7 sec. What if the aura were increased, the damage as hp decreased, and the self-damage significantly decreased? This way, it more or less becomes a way for templar/marauders to build high strength/hp and utilize spells effectively? You turn this on to cast spells and have to manage it carefully or you'll kill yourself while clearing monsters. You could even just make it +fire damage instead of the generic +spell damage.

What if this spell only burned 10-20% of your hp per second? That would be more managable with fire resist. You could even make the damage chaos if you're afraid Marauders might somehow acquire 10-20% life regen/s with fire resist.

Oh, and you're absolutely right my unique staff was increasing burn damage on myself. I hadn't even realized that! Hah. I should try using rf again without it, though it's a little disappointing that I spent tons of jewlers trying to make it 6L for almost nothing.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 21, 2012, 6:22:52 PM
"
anubite wrote:
I honestly would love it if this spell were more centered around the bonus +spell damage, since it takes ridiculous investment to keep the spell running for more than 1.7 sec. What if the aura were increased, the damage as hp decreased, and the self-damage significantly decreased? This way, it more or less becomes a way for templar/marauders to build high strength/hp and utilize spells effectively? You turn this on to cast spells and have to manage it carefully or you'll kill yourself while clearing monsters. You could even just make it +fire damage instead of the generic +spell damage.

What if this spell only burned 10-20% of your hp per second? That would be more managable with fire resist. You could even make the damage chaos if you're afraid Marauders might somehow acquire 10-20% life regen/s with fire resist.

Oh, and you're absolutely right my unique staff was increasing burn damage on myself. I hadn't even realized that! Hah. I should try using rf again without it, though it's a little disappointing that I spent tons of jewlers trying to make it 6L for almost nothing.

Being fully specced, and a high level, I don't think the burn damage to self should not be adjusted. Having 88% resist renders me essentially immune to elemental damage.
What if someone casts elemental weakness on you? Is there a way to protect against curses in the game?
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:
What if someone casts elemental weakness on you? Is there a way to protect against curses in the game?
good question, maybe players can get a unique for curse immunity. till then, pump res a little further over max to counter elemental weakness.
I started playing around with this today and it's really OP at low levels and tons of fun but....

IT

DOES

NOT

KILL

TOTEMS.

:( :( :(

Gamebreaker for me.

(I know the coding would be complex but this needs to kill Totems and break breakables before it ever becomes a staple in my wide variety of characters)
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
"
infinityinc wrote:
I started playing around with this today and it's really OP at low levels and tons of fun but....

IT

DOES

NOT

KILL

TOTEMS.

:( :( :(

Gamebreaker for me.

(I know the coding would be complex but this needs to kill Totems and break breakables before it ever becomes a staple in my wide variety of characters)
yeah i noticed last week that rf wasn't damaging/burning monster totems, extremely hazardous and buggy for the pyramid. not concerned about breakables but that'll be nice lol, rather wait for item find mods to work with DoT damage first.
"
Ows wrote:

I carry around a spare Ruby Ring and switch to that in areas containing Elemental Weakness casters. Solves the problem pretty easily.

Have not found a reliable solution for Vulnerability casters. That +40% damage for damage over time effects really hurts Righteous Fire. If there is a curse immunity unique in the future it would be a good item for a Righteous Build.

Agree on the part about Totems. Makes pyramid a pain and Kuduku the hardest enemy in the entire game for a Righteous character.

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info