Righteous Fire

"
0nin wrote:
*snip*

And vulnerability curse.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Is iron will not supposed to work with it?
No, there's no spell damage to increase.
"
0nin wrote:
While I haven't really seen undeniable proof, the general gist seems to be that RF's damage is only boosted by three sources:
1. Burning Damage
2. Increased Buff Strength
3. -%Fire resistance

But I'm still not really certain whether Fire Damage, Spell Damage and/or flat Damage increase work. It'd depend on whether the Burn damage is recognized as a spell, or simply as an elemental status ailment without a source.

Wait, its Fire Damage to you counts as a *buff*?
Anything that applies a buff icon to the top-right of your screen is a buff. If you apply it yourself, it's a positive buff, if an enemy applies it, it's a negative buff, in most cases. So yes, burning yourself alive is a positive buff :D
"
0nin wrote:
What support gems work with Righteous Fire?

I'm gonna assume anything improving actual damage doesn't apply. No Life on Hit, since you're not actually hitting anything. Probably no Life Leech nor Mana Leech?

Obviously Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect should work fine. The latter is probably mandatory.

Does Elemental Proliferation do anything? Chance to Ignite? Culling Strike? Iron Will?

Mana Leech - NOT working
Life Leech - NOT working
Life gain on hit - NOT working
Concentrated Effect - YES it decreases the Area, and NO it doesnt increase the damage done to enemies, NOR it increases the damage done to self. (As far as i noticed)
Icreased Area of Effect - YES it is working

Curses (for the purpose of burning with RF)
Vulnerability - YES, it is working.
Elemental Weakness - YES, it is working.

From what I have seen, Elemental weakness is better than the 40% increase in DOT of the Vulnerability. Also don't forget that on merciless mobs have tons of resistances. Also, dont forget Vulnerability doesn't scale up the "Increase DOT damage" per leveling the gem (it is a constant 40%)

From I have seen - Item Quantity also Doesn't affect IIQ from monsters killed by the burning of RF when linked together. Logically item rarity doesn't work too...

"
Squirrelloid wrote:

Wait, its Fire Damage to you counts as a *buff*?
yeah, because it also gives increased spell damage. It's a tricky issue, I know. It's like blood rage, except with a much more severe penalty really stretching/straining the definition of the term "buff".
"
0nin wrote:
Anything that applies a buff icon to the top-right of your screen is a buff. If you apply it yourself, it's a positive buff, if an enemy applies it, it's a negative buff, in most cases. So yes, burning yourself alive is a positive buff :D

Charges aren't buffs, nor are conditions.

That's one of the reasons why i think it's REALLY important for GGG to re-organize the status displays.

Charges (power/frenzy/endurance charges) should all appear by the health or mana bar, or on the side of the screen (and larger than currently). They should appear separate from both buffs and any debuffs or conditions.

Buffs should have their own row/column to display overall beneficial effects (including blood rage and righteous fire).
Be it right underneath, or somewhere else, all negative conditions should be included.

Lastly, I think it would PERHAPS be a good idea to include other special effects on characters such as keystones, but this is not necessary.

"
0nin wrote:

While I haven't really seen undeniable proof, the general gist seems to be that RF's damage is only boosted by three sources:
1. Burning Damage
2. Increased Buff Strength
3. -%Fire resistance

But I'm still not really certain whether Fire Damage, Spell Damage and/or flat Damage increase work. It'd depend on whether the Burn damage is recognized as a spell, or simply as an elemental status ailment without a source.
Fire damage and spell damage does not work, I'm pretty sure that was confirmed quite a while ago.

I think increased damage in general also doesn't work, since concentrate area doesn't increase the damage? In that case Redbeak also wouldn't work.

Aside from vulnerability that someone mentioned, temporal chains also does it. mentioning them are kinda splitting hairs though IMO, since they're curses, and not part of the RF skill at all.

Oh and to fix my post, I think that elemental equilibrium's effects DOES perhaps work with burning (including RF's burning), it just does not trigger EE. There was a post Mark made about it, and I think that's what he said.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 6, 2012, 4:27:53 PM
Elemental Equilibrium counts as -%Fire resistance, so it would work, yes.
What stats increases for this gem when it lvls? Spell dmg? burning hp/player on mobs and on himself?
"
kavinux wrote:
What stats increases for this gem when it lvls? Spell dmg? burning hp/player on mobs and on himself?

Spell damage increases from 30% to around ~60-70% in 20 levels. (Has diminishing spell damage increases at high levels)
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info