+ Aura radius
? Mana reserve nodes ???

No benefit:

+ Fire damage
+ Burning damage
+ Spell damage
+ AoE

I don't think that changing it into an aura would benefit the skill much. :/

auras get boosted by ordinary AoE boosts too... so you're incorrect on that part. without support gems and at the moment, an aura can get 40%+70% boosts total for thier size via passives.
I'm begging you guys to reduce the cast time on this ability.

Casters use RF as a toggle: You pop RF for a few seconds, then Douse it off before you die. Let your ES recharge, repeat.

The very long cast animation makes this a tedious process which slows down the fast paced gameplay. I'd love to see the cast time be .5s or less :)
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jul 25, 2012, 7:51:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong- now, it's possible to get 7% HP regen from passives, + 1.5% from vitality, +~1% from charges- it gives almost 10% passive hp regen (+there is also life leech!); on the same time you could have 75% fire resist + 6% from passives + 5% from unique shield + 4% from purity- it gives 90% fire resist- so theoretically (assuming you have the shield!) you could perma-burn yourself, having bilion hp, insta-evaporating all monsters?
ign: Ron
"
Alegor wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong- now, it's possible to get 7% HP regen from passives, + 1.5% from vitality, +~1% from charges- it gives almost 10% passive hp regen (+there is also life leech!); on the same time you could have 75% fire resist + 6% from passives + 5% from unique shield + 4% from purity- it gives 90% fire resist- so theoretically (assuming you have the shield!) you could perma-burn yourself, having bilion hp, insta-evaporating all monsters?

7.5% from passives, and yes i'm the one who helped others with righteous fire. you can also substitute one unique shield with the other (sprigleaf) to constantly be just above low hp. you can't have a billion hp but close enough =p.

note however while you removed the penalty of righteous fire, you did it as a sacrifice of your defense (regen). but a dousing or even a plain pot maybe at this point, will heal you back. not sure if ruby flasks work to make 100% fire res.
OK, how about this one:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBADZkywCWxecA1OTmBI6nnAeMEywK_CqvCy826BIhjyMXFRfWF-zWnCJCe5cmkyM_KYbAjzGTSfc0NrVqNKgBeTeXCEQ9Kr74Qz3GrEUdjbRHPIy5SVDK3VDD2eFRYZ0tU09swlR55wBWDKutWXzpoVnpMgFbPAaMW3nBl2GKaihysqVudZ0axHhNAbp8wCHefQveM82xIFfRND3X1IvEq8vVF8_TP_B7u4pAGaI3qHb7Wu0OqmuudsDmWG_w3Uh0vEfe4KQRgMX00p1JioV0PfQ0JfSh5oQ15K_cDutgC42Thx9-80d3GKtlVdKaJE9Zqg4KMNEJxAKieQXz6jtuP9jZxq-qSAHzyXoP-vf0myjBKrPUltUEepMz87f9qWI_r2fz6d20fxHRe_jojQ8pV4TXHBLdI1F42WxDYL6DfOGhVEy3rcPaMQ==

- HP +60, +155%, 7,5% regen
- +max 6 reses
- Def: +90%, +23% to all resistances (+14 fire)
- hp flasks +30%, 6 endurance charges, with 0,2 hp regen each
- armour master (fast!)

Skills:
- purity (40%m) [req. > 100 int]
- vitality(40%m) [+1.5% hp regen]
- shield charge (or phase run or flicker strike?)
- enduring cry
- + one hand

cons:
- probably not enough stats for high lvl purity
- +0 AoE radius

GIMME DAT DAMN SHIELD!!
ign: Ron
I read through this thread hoping to find some loophole to this skill. Sadly couldn't find any, but I had some questions.
1. If the skill burns the player for 100% of his hp, does it include energy shield because it is just like hp? With 1k hp and 1k es do I burn for 2k/sec or 1k/sec?
2. If I reserved an amount of my hp would that reduce the burn damage taken? With 1k hp and if 80% is reserved does that make me only burn for 200/sec or 1k/sec still?
"
LoneDeltaWolf wrote:
I read through this thread hoping to find some loophole to this skill. Sadly couldn't find any, but I had some questions.
1. If the skill burns the player for 100% of his hp, does it include energy shield because it is just like hp? With 1k hp and 1k es do I burn for 2k/sec or 1k/sec?
2. If I reserved an amount of my hp would that reduce the burn damage taken? With 1k hp and if 80% is reserved does that make me only burn for 200/sec or 1k/sec still?

1) ES is not life. You burn for 1k fire damage per second.
2) No, it works off max hp. The skill description says as much.
Last edited by pneuma on Jul 27, 2012, 8:13:19 PM
"
LoneDeltaWolf wrote:
I read through this thread hoping to find some loophole to this skill.
also there is loopholes... increasing your regen and fire resistance to lower the damage you take. you can eventually not take damage from it. or you can make a totem use it and have a tiny sized soso power AoE every once in awhile for free.
I just got an idea that I think is really neat.

Allow righteous fire to be casted on your minions. This would make them burn for their life and blow up easily with minion instability, giving a really needed damage boost to summoning builds.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
After a fast test with my templar 500life-120ES I can say that this skill could be powerful but too risky. If you avoid to be hit during the effect you can erase the enemy around you and use flaskS (big plural "S") as fast as you can. I'm waiting a boss fight to test it better (and to die faster, probably). I wonder if it suits with phase walk and a character build with lot of evasion...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info