Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

So I've now read through 85 pages, GGG. The playerbase almost uniformly disagrees with you. Those who do not are far and few between. I get it. It's how you felt that we want the game.. But it's not how we want the game. Yes, Harvest needs some tweaks.

These, however, are not the tweaks you're looking for. Please reconsider this.
Make a good enough build that can do hard content (100% deli, maven invitations, legions, etc) with harvest crafting or slap headhunter on half decent one. So why is headhunter still around, not deterministic enough?

Have one item more game breaking than entire mechanic.

What is more fun, to get enough ex for one item or having to craft entire equipment throughout duration of the league?
Im upset, like drake upset.

Im jumping the gun here because i havent seen or felt the 3.14 harvest but the reasoning and explanations behind your decisions just screams extra chromosome.
It's nice to read your design decisions.

I'd like to ask, if you have any plans of implementing harvest craft trading?
For example trading the ability for other player to use my horticrafting station for one specific craft they want to buy, while preventing me from using that craft I just sold.
Or itemising the craft but only for it to appear in the trade window, once traded it is automatically added into the receivers' horticrafting station.

I'm not sure how achievable this is from a technical point of view, but something similar was already done for beastcrafting. I think tradeable crafts would prevent scams and make it much more easy.
Just remove it. Seriously. There is 100% no point in even entering the Grove anymore unless it's a challenge.

This isn't just a nerf, you MURDERED it. What a great way to split your playerbase, you're just making it way too easy for Blizzard and D2:RE.

Think about it GGG, this isn't it.
>>In the end-game, Harvest Crafting allowed the creation of some ridiculous items, mostly via a set of deterministic crafts that interacted with specific types of mods. This had to be toned down, and we had to choose between two ways to do it: either by removing the dangerous crafts, or by keeping them in as rare possibilities and then balancing by rarity.

Every league you continue to ruin the game.
You have killed the fun, the joy and passion that I have for this game.
I won't miss you after many many years of loyality.

[Removed by Support]

Thanks for systematically ruining the game for me and hundreds of thousands of others.

[Removed by Support]

Devs will censor me because they are sensitive millenials who cannot take criticism.

Bet
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 7:48:21 PM
Well, that kills Harvest for most people.

Yes, it is a very powerful crafting method, but, there are other ways to handle that. For example, lock down trading of harvest crafts hard. Pound it in to the ground. You'd see a lot less mirror worthy items as the RNG to get such an item on your own is still pretty steep.

Catering to the 1% and screwing everyone else yet again.

and this.....

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Has to be the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Mar 10, 2021, 8:01:41 PM
the worst decision ever, the game gain plenty more players thanks to this and out of nowhere it seems you didnt like that many players join the game so you brick the game and left it as bad it was in the begging, so bad advices GGG it seems like you didnt comunicate with your people..., oh that does happen actually. GG ggg
Ok, so low to mid tier players can go back to never craft an item again cause "attemping" to use an Exalted is not an option for them.
Lets make the 1% the 0.1%.

"We have a problem with ridiculous powerfull items... except if you NEED to use Headhunter to make the top tier farming methods, then is good cause we designed that ridiculous powerfull item"
And yes, you can avoid using HH now... cause is harvest and you can easily equip characters. Remove Harvest and HH will be, again, almost the only way to face stupidly hard 100% delirius maps.

"People have problems having to trade via Discord" so... instead of develop a better trade method, lets nerf Harvest. They cant or didnt want to understand what community wanted to say to them.

Ihave... i think a helmet where i used the add fire to get the -9fire ress, and a shield with the +5es on block Harvest Crafted on my character, then is almost all self found and manually crafted, and if i check TFT discord i probably sold less than 10crafts in all leage. So... isnt that im angry cause i used it a lot and now i wont be able.
My problem with this is that they are limiting builds to be always the same ones. A lot of builds work cause you can, with more ease, get the items to try it out using harvest.
I agree that Harvest made a lot of currency obsolete, that is VERY powerfull, but you should had looked for a way to make the harvest crafts a lot more "solo self found" and not neft the system itself cause trades. If you made some kind of "soulbind" to the items you harvest crafted for like, 12 or 24hours you still could kept it like it was, without having that much "abuse" in trade league. But no, nerf it, SSF players can !"·$& theirself cause trade league.

Finally: the most of this nerf is to casual players who could get very good items a lot cheaper than before, cause the 1% were using only almost perfect ones. The people who used harvest the most will get their builds full and keep playing with or without harvest.
Bye Bye GGG.
Rip next League, maybe i go back some day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info