Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

yeah that is exactly the part that i really really hate, this will lead me to not use them at all und just keep em till the league is over

also the game got alot harder with maven and stuff, people wont be able to thinker their own builds, meta will hit harder than ever is what i think will happen

i tought harvest was too strong i still think it is right now, but i dont think these changes are good, no wait one change is good, the targeted exalt for noninfluenced items is good, this should exist for annuls too

As someone who has crafted a lot for currency, it actually won't change anything for me. It just means that I'll be selling bad items for more currency.

Now I wonder how the average player feels about it... That player who played a entire week to get a 10-20ex crafted item. I crafted this 20ex bow a lot this league u know? It would cost me something like 8-15ex to make it, it was a good bow. Many, many times people would pm me asking for lower prices because they couldn't afford it. Many many times I've seen people take many secs to press that "accept" button on the trade window, you know why? Because they wanted to make sure that it was exactly what they wanted before spending their league savings on that.

Making harvest less deterministic is good but it will always result in crafting being more and more a 3% wealth players thing.
you nerfed the crafts but the discord thing will still be there. why not just adding a currency that allows you to store crafts? why not limiting the tier of mods you get from crafts?
no third challenge reward since beta lmao
so now ggg is trying to make changes for ppl who rush the league in 1-7 days play fulltime and all the other players are getting shit on pretty lame will not be playing next league why would you consider the opinion of 1% of the community and change for them
This is an awful change. Why would you kill harvest crafting? It's the one thing that allows us poor players to get some decent items. please stop balancing the game based on the top 1% of players.

harvest is only a "problem" for players that are rich and trade for crafts. harvest is actually far more balanced for SSF. What gg should be doing is the following:

1.Mark items crafted using harvest non-tradable.
2.Increase the amount of craft slots.

1. harvest is only OP when you "pool your crafts together", funny how GGG says that as if players just give away their crafts for free. Anyway, eliminate the amount a single player can craft add/remove speed will drastically reduce the amount of perfect items.

2. It feels really bad to bin rare crafts you don't currently need for crafts you need sooner. For example I had 3 "aug phys with lucky values" crafts and I couldn't use them. I had to bin them to make room for crafts I know I needed pretty soon. But of course then later down the line, I need those phys crafts. The storage mechanic is so bad and only encourages trading, which is what creates these perfect items in the first place.

Seriously GGG you need to not brick this mechanic. If you hate perfect items, then you need to address what actually creates them. Killing anuls won't stop the rich from creating perfect items, it only makes the game worse for poorer players. I HATED crafting before this league simply because it's not actually crafting, it's rerolling items thousands of times until you hit the right mods. That's not fun and I guess if this change goes through I'll go back to never crafting items again.

This league got me into crafting, don't ruin it because of trading.
"
japaloco wrote:
Finally can't wait to aug phys and get 100% that sweet reflect mod for my reflect build!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
"
exilekami wrote:
Let us store harvest crafts like beasts, so we can prevent players yoinking your item when u give it for a harvest craft service!!!.

That's a great idea. Tradable Seeds
Today is the day Chris failed to live up to his idols, creators, designers and developers of Magic the Gathering.

This is designed for no players of PoE, as an average of all possible solutions. No one loves this. There is no vision and no passion in any words kf this announcement. Just defeat. No one hates it either when the dust will settle. I nothing this. It's a non-system just like binding shards. Congrats.

Which player psychographics did you have in kind when designing this? Where is the fun in either this or the crafting system we are forced back to?

I hope you guys fix your trade API, since that's now back to being the only source of gear. My next loot filter is still going to hide every single piece of rare gear your garbage system is producing, only to lag delirious content.

What a sad day.
This is no good Chris.

Bad change, and i barely even harvest crafted being a solo player.
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting the game, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

You can open your eyes now, you bricked it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info