Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

plz no just plz no
Sadge.
Last edited by AntsGod on Sep 5, 2022, 1:20:30 AM
Finally can't wait to aug phys and get 100% that sweet reflect mod for my reflect build!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stopped supporting this game since Q1 or 2 2019. You do not understand your player base.

Majority of the players do not make mirror tier items. Majority of the players do not even make a 10-20 Exalted Orb Budget build.

The fact that you type this garbage and post it "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not" shows how little you understand this game. You are balancing itemization around the top of the player base. They will always have good items regardless of harvest.

This nerf is laughable considering almost every other form of crafting is a waste of space in this game. You say that harvest becomes the only reliable form and other forms are ignored(paraphrasing here) but that is because you nerfed everything, you nerfed multi-mod..you took away a lot of exclusive mods/weight from fossils..you make all weights insanely low in general...

Please tell me why an amazing item should take someone 3000 alts > 1000+ augments and 3000+ imprints with 3000 regals and then Cannot roll attack mods with wasted exalt slams for t50 strength?

Imagine wanting your players to sit in hideout for hours focused to make sure they don't alteration spam over the 25 weight explode...

I'm likely gonna skip 3.14 and every league after that because you've shown that you don't even know how to make tons of builds/new skills viable and the meta is literally the same 2-6 builds every league in 1 variation or another.

I generally never crafted because it's a waste of a persons time and I always have to resort to tricks to make currency instead of making a cool appealing item...Every time I've enjoyed crafting, it's been heavily nerfed. Fossils..Multi mod changes(mod pool and such) and now Harvest.

P.S Don't even get me started on the worst performance of a constantly updated game I've ever played in my life
"
The first part of this that concerned us was that Harvest was critical in making the best items (and hence made many other game systems obsolete). The second part, where it was inconvenient to trade them, becomes far less of a problem if we can solve the first issue. Our problem with all of this can be summarised with the following thought: "Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb when I can get one through Harvest that has a deterministic result?"

The entire rest of Path of Exile's crafting system is somewhat redundant with Harvest Crafting in its current form. While we are glad we tried the experiment of keeping all the crafts and balancing by rarity, it's unfortunately going to have to change.

If you remove all and any determined outcomes you make all your content equal, yes, but in same time it is not unique because it is just random flying numbers and body parts everywhere... ah and random items. We don't need so many different game modes if only difference between them is color of pixels. Do you really think all game mods are so unique and fun? Surprise!

Don't forget, we have only 3 months to play leagues. How can normal playrs obtain desired items? What if i want lets say a cluster jewel with 3 notables. Do you really think i will spam exalts or chaos orbs? Abosolutely not (i got ~11ex this league total). I just can't complete my build. What the point to play if i can't complete builds? Complete story line, and drop the game after yellow maps, because i can't buy items? Do you realise why people play games at all?
Last edited by xezdx on Mar 10, 2021, 6:08:51 PM
"
ArlindoBerto wrote:
I expected the flexibility and easiness of item improvement to be balanced betwen all players, with a universal mechanic everyone could use, not something only handfull of people can use and extort everyone else with huge prices, gouging, market manipulation via streamers/youtubers and other unfair methods of manipulation.

I expected an itemization similar to beasts so no one needs to rely on a discord, plus risk to be scamed. I dont want the permanent scam risk!
I want a proper market to funcion, not a system only the last 20 offers are visible in practise. This happened with the old ingame trade chat, there was a need to index all offers, poetrade was born. I want, i need trade to funcion this way to all tradable items, to both beasts (already happens), blueprints and harvest crafts. The need exists, you poedevs already did it, do it again, dont wait for the community to do it for you!

Summary: i am no satisfied, period!

GGG are the most arrogant, out of touch, bunch of cowboys I've ever seen, and I've played Ubisoft games. ALL they do, is make the gap wider between the 10 hour a week players, and the 10 hour a day players. Other than harvest, I've never played I to the 3rd month before, but harvest gives you new things to experiment with and try.

GGG need to understand exalt spamming is not crafting, its gambling for the rich, they don't get if they do it and get a stun reduction roll, they'll just buy a new base and spend another 100 ex crafting. The normal players can't do that.
Needed change, people say "fun" they mean "OP and easy" that kills a game quicker than anything.
Theses where decent changes but really at the rate you guys put out content just delete harvest and start something new.
Yet again, changes that screw casual/regular players and SSF players and cater to streamer's so they don't get bored fast enough.
As a casual player I felt like harvest in ritual was perfectly balanced, I play like 4hs a day and still didn't min/max my char, I don't buy crafts, in this league I used all currency available to craft different items and had fun. I felt power wise it was quite good.
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
Probably uncommon opinion: I like the nerfs, it's too overpowered right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info