Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I don't think there is a real problem with Harvest. I have played 1200+ hours and have invested at least $400-500 of my own money into the game so I do also have some background by saying this.

A lot of people are making brain mistakes when saying so including the devs and I've only read some of the last few pages, and it's almost unreadable.

First of all, it seems to me like people might be deviating from the reasons the devs themselves gave for nerfing harvest for saying that harvest should be cut, which is probably unhelpful. Most of the arguments people have brought were wrong, and came from not even having real experience in what they were saying either.

Like many people have said, who the F actually exalt spams items even if harvest was not in the game? I mean, I am sure there are some, but the way to make it happen more, like the devs seem to imply they want, isn't necessarly to cut Harvest off, but potentially to make it so exalt spamming gives better results and there's better enticement to doing so.

Also exalt spamming with "eyes closed" is more of a form of gambling than crafting.

No issues in having both, but seems like removing harvest will be a huge blow.

Last league was definitely my favorite by far. Harvest was a big part of it amongst other things.

Sure, items that can be gotten now are a lot more powerful, more easily than before, but so what?

I have harvest gear on my character that could probably be considered mirror tier before, 200 exalts or so invested into my gear, and I still can't necessarily solo all content just yet.

So 1200 hours invested total, 200 exalts and I still can't kill everything yet, and that's with "mirror tier" items.

Harvest is making the game more fun and more accessible. Is it really a good thing to remove it?

If at one point the gear becomes too good, then guess what? Create more content with stronger bosses that requires even better gear.

I mean, the devs already don't have a choice to do this anyway if they want the game to continue.

They WILL have to create additional content with stronger bosses that require bigger gear over time in order for the game to avoid dying.

Harvest to me just seemed like a massive addition to the game that is now being cut.

Massive mistake. I mean, seems like they have been making this mistake over and over again.

People complained about synthesis, so they made legion drop massive loot.

Then they thought the loot was too good, and gave us crap reward in blight initially at first, which was a massive mistake.

Then they give us harvest, makes it massively more enjoyable than without, give us massive loot, then they take it away thinking that it's too good.

Crazy.
Yesterday this thread has 475 page's, today - 460....
"
Vandurman wrote:

It is called censorship right...?
"
Vandurman wrote:

5 days later:

Thread is 2 paged where only POG comments stays.
"
Okkuro wrote:
"
Vandurman wrote:

It is called censorship right...?

Its just a nice gardening, keeps things beautiful! xD
"

GGG be like... this is not a democracy :)))

I hope they realize that customers (which we are) want to support the product they want, when that product does not deliver as expected, customers search for a different product that fits their needs, it's the same in any market, it doesn't happen immediately, but it happens and upfornt censorship done to manipulate the audience is just lame and offensive.
"
Vandurman wrote:

Looks like they started deleting some comments... not a good look for a company that supposedly listens to there "community"
I think there is too much deterministic behavior in mirror duping and beastcrafting.

let's be brave and say that we do not deserve that slamming mirror to a decent gear must create the same copy in 100% of time.

I think we need to add here some RNG, so that you have 50% of creating a copy or destroying the item.

What do you think?

I mean if we fight determinism in all forms - why we have it in such abusive mechanics like mirroring or beastcrafting splittting and imprinting?

And you can go even further:
1. make the points on tree give benefits that is must only in "some cases" based on RNG
2. killing a monster can kill it only in some cases, otherwise healing it to 100% hp
3. using a skill works only in 50% of cases, doing nothing otherwise.

WE NEED MORE RNG IN THIS GAME
Last edited by hidden_gobsek on Mar 24, 2021, 6:28:23 AM
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
I think there is too much deterministic behavior in mirror duping and beastcrafting.

let's be brave and say that we do not deserve that slamming mirror to a decent gear must create the same copy in 100% of time.

I think we need to add here some RNG, so that you have 50% of creating a copy or destroying the item.

What do you think?

I mean if we fight determinism in all forms - why we have it in such abusive mechanics like mirroring or beastcrafting splittting and imprinting?

And you can go even further:
1. make the points on tree give benefits that is must in "some cases" based on RNG
2. killing a monster can kill it only in some cases, otherwise healing it to 100% hp
3. using a skill works only in 50% of cases, doing nothing otherwise.

WE NEED MORE RNG IN THIS GAME

Also get rid of master craft, way too deterministic.
"
Also get rid of master craft, way too deterministic

Wait till you see our non-deterministic 'install game' feature coming soon. 50% chance of a virus, which is in line with our views on what makes a good game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info