Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
spaceace7373 wrote:
seeing over 4500 replies, most of which are against the proposed harvest nerf makes it seem that the bulk of players have voted to keep harvest in it's current state. the complete lack of a spine by GGG staff to at least give us an idea where this is going to go makes me think they don't care what players want.

It's not that they don't care, it's that they don't know.
They are so disconnected from their player base and this nerf proves it.
What they need to do is watch the average casual player, which makes up probably 90%+ of their player base and pay attention. Instead they focus on the elite players and base this decision off of that.

They're dead silent on this issue yet they continue to do damage control by posting about MTX on here and on Facebook.

This decision WILL cost them money, as of right now I have zero interest in this game if these initial proposed nerfs go live. I know I am not alone,obviously.
I have no problem walking away from this game and not looking back.
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
"
Posada93 wrote:
"
Madplayer_ wrote:
Well then, I guess I will no longer have the need to spend money on MTX in this game.
Or better, I will roll D100 every time I want so buy something and on 99-100 the transaction will be done.
Let the 1% of streamer mules/whales take care of income.

Looks like you never spent anything to begin with

Bro, use ur brain, thx. If you think the only way to spent money - be like you and buy packs - just know, that there are like couple hundreds of things OUTSIDE of packs. Wow, right? It you judge somebodies expenses by counting badges - you are not very smart. I saw people donating thousands just for simple MTX, slots and etc. So go away, ty.

I'm very happy they're not going to reply to you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Last edited by yevi0 on Mar 22, 2021, 2:17:10 PM
I disagree with the proposed nerfs. It feels like a huge step backwards for the casual average player. Build diversity will suffer. RNG increases, fun decreases. Let the people play. Moving Oshabi to a fragment is great, nerfing the seeds sprouting is ok. The rest is overkill and I may just play something else when 3.14 rolls out.

And if anyone is tempted to say I have no badges and don't support the game, I've spent probably $500 on my stash over time.
Last edited by Hewson29 on Mar 22, 2021, 3:13:41 PM
"
Rene_2706 wrote:
At the beginning I was quite angry at GGG for this news.

not so much now, thu to this I got demotivated from this league and stopped playing,

then looking for alternatives I found Last Epoch. thx GGG.

Same. I only came back here to read this thread for entertainment. Been playing StartCraft since this manifesto.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Will look into Last Epoch

Edit: LMAO, The first video I found about LE on Youtube is deterministic crafting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ROcxuykn4
Last edited by OdinNguyen on Mar 22, 2021, 3:54:27 PM
I think Last EPOG will be the game to turn to.
Last edited by JayJayxd77 on Mar 22, 2021, 3:36:30 PM
Well this is a dumb decision by GGG. Guess you want to make sure it stays a no lifer game.

to the dudes who want keep the harvest as it is. have you guys actually played harvest league when you had to plan you garden,making the seeds grow, etc etc.

that is a "hurdle" if you so will to access some of the very powerful crafts if you wanna get them. to grow a seed you had to run some maps to make them grow and then harvest them.

in our current harvest you just join, kill 10 monsters and craft like theres no tomorrow without actually investing anything into it. there is 0 progression to it.

i would be okay with harvest light where you have to build a little garden where you grow some seeds. so people can harvest whatever the fuck they get/want, but after a cycle of events. not basically for free.
Let me give you one simple fix GGG, you can thank me later...

Make ALL the OP as fuck influenced item mods have NO TAG, or atleast make it some tag that is a dead stat.. that way you CANNOT target craft those OP mods like +1 phys, fire, cold skill amus or explode chest which, let's be honest, is the real issue here...

You introduce an OP mod that every single build wants as BIS, making everything else obsolete and then you want to nerf crafting itself?? Doesn't make sense.. nerf the mods themselves, make them harder to obtain by not giving them those easy tags..

Now you are just punishing every avg. player and casual player in the game, making end game items more unobtainable than before, while removing the fun for those who like to craft their own items.
As many others say, nobody wants to exalt slam, when exalts are as rare as they are. Meta crafting sucks to be honest...

I think you can do waaaay better in rebalancing harvest.. don't just ruin it for the biggest pool of players you have.. streamers and top players will still obtain what they need through other means, you are not ruining anything for them, only for everyone else...
I just finished crafting a mavend hypo, conc, crit, more ele Archdemon Crown. From start to finish and i dont think that it is to easy to obtain this item, you must know a lot about the game and the crafting system and still then it costs almost triple exalts to finish such an item.

Some items are to easy to make, i agree. But that is only because the lack of caution when it comes to tags. Just clean up the tags and dont have influenced modifiers isolated. Then everything is fine in my opinion.

I wont abandon the game if harvest gets removed or nerved hard, but i think it is a step in back and in the wrong direction.

But anyways, keep up the otherwise very very good work and i think, i will have lots more good hours with your game.

Best regards =)

Ps.: Make trading better :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info