Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Stupid decision. You refuse to fix the fact that ALL end game items are crafted. Instead you just make it harder to craft them again. Don't bother fixing the fact that most loot filters filter out 99% of the loot because it is absolutely worthless to pick up. Instead you take away the only viable way to get decent items for people who don't play this game like their life depends on it.

I am sorry Chris, but you have lost your pulse on what players want. You talk about how most people quit before hitting yellow maps, then you have a league where people play into yellow maps, you take away the reason they even played in the first place. I can't believe how absolutely out of touch you are with your own player base and the design of this game.

100% agree with this, nothing to add.
Well GGG you just ruined Harvest Crafting so it no longer is useful for casual players. It is hard enough as it is for me to get any worthwhile crafting done for the gear I need for a successful build that can survive in end game. Come 3.14 it will be impossible. I use Fossils, Essences, Beast Crafting i]before[/i] Harvest if I am lucky to get any useful crafts from it. Then if necessary I add something from the bench to round it out. The worst nerf of all is the removal of all annulment crafts. This allowed me to remove elemental mods on pure physical builds. Even with all that said I still have to look at the market to have a chance at top tier gear.

If you made the crafts tradable you would have removed the BIGGEST PROBLEM, OUTSIDE INFLUANCE! Instead you are making it so ONLY the TOP 1% of players can even have a chance at crafting good gear. Yes the game is built around grinding but when you make it so only people that make this game their JOB not a GAME that can be enjoyed you will loose most of your player base.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

This is the saddest I have ever been reading a POE post
Sadge
"
PoE RIP, PoE is dead, go to Diablo 2 remastered. i'm fucking bored to this changes that make more difficult end game and your fucking "experiments" with game mechanics. I quit PoE.

Same feelings.
"
Krayken wrote:

GGG is infinitely better than d2. I was an avid d2 player when you were still in your mom's womb. But i have a brain and can recognize the superior game, which is POE. Cry me a river.

c´mon bro, with your thousands of $$$ and likely as part of the "top 1%" your aguments are way to biased to understand why the vast majority of "normal players" regret GGGs decision.

"Cry me a river" ... archetypical egoistic manner, please start PoE and stay out of this thread.
This game should be prohibited by the same laws that prohibit lootboxes.
The rng is fine in a restrained way but in this game it has gone out of your head and it is not fun at all.

People without the ability to understand may feel the same way as if they were playing a slot machine.

You should remove 70% of the game items that are useless, they saturate the servers and make for the search for a good item you have to spend hundreds of hours playing or hundreds of hours in the shit of commerce that you have for system.
Let's not talk about high-rng accounts, which no one talks about (called streamer luck) and any mathematician knows to be true.

I have already left the game, life is more beautiful than spending hours and hours and hours and hours to see if an exalted or some decent item falls.
If you want slaves to me, you are not going to get it anymore.

Good luck to those who keep playing and waste their short life giving the slot machine of masochism.
Bad call guys. Harvest is what made this league the most fun. I only started playing last league, but I think I played heist maybe 2-3 weeks a few days a week. I've been playing Ritual almost daily literally since the first day and have gotten by far the farthest I have ever gotten (in SSF btw) solely because I was able to craft semi-useable gear without instantly bricking it.

Fix the crashing issues and the server issues. Stop worrying about the streamers raging because the average player can craft semi-decent gear.
bla
Last edited by Darkee on Aug 4, 2024, 11:42:37 PM
Also, like some people have pointed out... A game's initial philosophy can be a great thing to shape the game and all... But it is getting OLD. It is way past the time you guys needed to review this and adapt.

The actual live game has adapted, now it is more being kept from true greatness by a stiffled, rigid phylosophy, than being helped by one.
This is a bad decision. Harvest extended my enjoyment of this league by weeks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info