Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Change your philosophy then. Crafting gear at harvest was the most fun I had and getting end game gear should be available for all players. I only hit good items recently, near the end of the league.
I wont be playing next league then.
APRIL FOOLS EVERYBODY !
As someone who does not use TFT, harvest is far from OP or giving OP results. All that needed to be done was find a way to remove what people hate most about harvest which is dealing with a 3rd party system where you need rep, and can get screwed out of an item. That was the first change that needed to happen. Everything else after that can be balanced on odds. It feels like GGG didn't want harvest in the game, and they're dancing back and forth on it since its introduction. I also feel like you are listening to a guy like Zizaran but he's the worst person to listen to on this point.
This is literally the exact opposite of what this needed, what we needed is to not have to rely on Discord trading, and you're now making that even more mandatory. You guys need a reality check if you think this is a good direction for the game.
I play this game since it was first released. Steam tells me I have over 8k hours in it.

When I start a league, I usually play till I get 36 challenges, sometimes setting other goals for myself, (got to level 100 for the first time during Heist.)

I am not a "casual player".

These proposed changes to Harvest are terrible. I usually play trade league with a couple friends, and for the first time we could craft nice items, without feeling like we had to either play for 10+ hours a day, or play without having fun, being strictly efficient with our time.

SSF players could finally, SLOWLY inch their way towards great items.

Me and my friends did not participate in the ridiculous TFT trade meta, we just played the game, tried to conquer all content. I realize different people have fun in different ways, but these changes will mostly affect players who, like the overwhelming majority of people here are pointing out to you, do not treat the game like a full time job and use every single third party drop of help they can. The 0.1% will continue to strive, and while the proposed changes might lower their output a bit, they will still have their cake and eat it, while poeple like me... well.. we just get to suck it, right?

The current state of Harvest does not seem broken at all to me. You will just remove much of the fun added by Harvest.

This completely removes my desire to play next league. I feel the need to add my voice to those who are trying to make you see what a huge mistake this will be.
Crafting has been a part of Path of Exile but I think at this point it's time to segregate layers at certain points for drops. Item drops are an important, often the most important itemization.

Certain item base types should stop dropping after a point. Certain Tiers should stop rolling after a point, ect, ect. Limit the scope of layers in items dropped by Monster level and Juice level.

Crafting and Drops should at least be reasonably equal reward with crafting having more risk vs reward and nothing could be further from the truth for a long time now. Esp since Influences.

At this point an item needs to be the right base and the right influence to even look at it before even considering what it rolled. That's just awful and feels very bad in terms of playing the game.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
RIP PoE. Was a nice couple of years.
Thanks Chris to make an easy step to quit for God.
Diablo 2 remastered is on the way!
"
Afluffybear wrote:
Totally trash decision. I'm a supporter since Beta. I love this game. I have never played as much as I play now with the new Atlas system and harvest crafts. My drive to perfect every little item has never been stronger.

You are totally wrong about harvest making other game systems obsolete. Fossils and essences are still used A LOT for top-tier crafting. Chaos and alterations have never been more useful than they are now for hitting precursor mods for awakener orbs or for starting an item craft off.

Taking away all determinism is exactly the opposite of what players want.

I want to be able to make incremental, measurable progress towards item perfection.

Even with TFT Discord, a single improved mod may take me 100 ex worth of remove/adds to perfect. I farmed my own harvests and it was always a good feeling to get a mod I could use to improve an item. It might take me 50 maps, but I knew eventually I would get something I needed.

Why take that away? Why take away the thing that people love most about the game? Are the latest league statistics not the best retention the game has had in many leagues?

Serious - re-think this change it is awful.

"many, many mirror-worthy items..." bullsh*t (cough)

Would like to know which percentage of players had those mirror-worthy items.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 10, 2021, 5:51:10 PM
Im honestly happy about the changes, Harvest was always too strong, indeed they couldve "nerf" it somehow else...

Like making it grant a maximum of Tier 3 roll on items...

Or... dunno, I approve of the changes, but i know most people hate it

The problem is, there are way too many mods on items now, crating with chaos/ex/annul is risky and unrewarding when there are so many things you can get... espectially since you can get a 5 life roll on chest, because Ilvl doesnt really matter which it should!

and lets not forget about the item bloat...

getting base items from act 1 in t16 maps is very unpleasant, even if they were to drop with t1 on every damage mod they would still be useless
Last edited by IepureBarbar on Mar 10, 2021, 5:54:23 PM
hahaha typical ggg :D nerf every fun mechanic in game. You guys even play this game?! Doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info