Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I just wanna know if we can use the remove non x add x crafts on influenced items... Manifesto isn't 100% clear about it and i think it's kinda important i guess?

Also, just don't. i think the vast majority of players agree when i say harvest is in a good place right now.

this just kills build diversity and overall enjoyment of the game. i at least hope you have something good for us in store with 3.14...
That nerf is so, so, sooo wrong! Stop ruining the fun from your player base, let them have some fun atleast, you guys are talking about gambling items not crafting, harvest was truly a craft option and it should be improved, not nerfed.
"
The TFT-Discord-Problem:
I think nobody enjoys the selling-buying, risking items and currency to scams etc..
Make it so that you can save crafts on currency items.
Got an "Add Physical" Mod? -> pay an Exalt at the Lifeforce Harvester or Hortistation, get a "Harvest-Orb" that adds a physical mod and is tradeable.
Same for annul mods, divine mods etc.. pay one of the corresponding orb and get that "Harvest-Orb" with the craft.
This also solves the 10 craft-saving-limit, which can be really annoying.
Furthermore it uses currency items and takes them out of the economy + the saving of a craft has it´s price in itself - in my opinion a good thing.

This is a very good ideea, but further more:

- since the infused currency was introduced in Harvest and has no real use except for the engineer orb, make it so that every currency can be infused, and only an infused currency can be augmented with a craft, like, an infused Exalt can be augmented with Aug Life or an infused Annulment can be augmented with Rem Life and so on.

- this will bring dimension to the crafting sistem, it will be hard to obtain since players need to first obtain an Exalt for example, then search for the infused craft to infuse that exalt and then search for the craft to augment that exalt with. This will make players decide if they want to use an exalt as pure currency or as crafting material.

- it will remove the gambling aspect of crafting but it will be difficult and also rewarding to obtain.

Don't ruin the game with crap decisions like this, people need to have a deterministic crafting system, yes, it should be hard to obtain a perfect item, but it should not be impossible or entirely RNG based.

BTW, there is nothing fun about slaming exalts on items, it's dumb and 99.9% of the times results in a crap mod being added to the item so people don't do it.

Listen to the players, don't do the same mistakes other games did and lost their player base, specially now when there are other game alternatives.
how to tailwind elusive boots: alt spam for tailwind. if you have a unwanted prefix, imprint annul. multimod, prefixes cannot be changed, suffixes cannot be changed and reroll crit. now you have tailwind as a suffix and elusive as a prefix. now multimod again and craft life and movement speed.

now comes the most important part. close your eyes. right click an exalted orb. hover it over your mouse untill your excitement reaches max levels. now left click that bad boy. open your eyes and bask in the glory of your newly added t6 life regen mod.

if you feel brave you can also reroll life or speed after adding illusive, but that can kill your boots and you have to close your eyes and annul before starting from your tailwind imprint again.

enjoy
"
aggrofee wrote:
I haven´t read the whole 400 pages of comments, so i don´t know, if anyone already posted my following ideas for harvest.
But here is what went through my head recently and i just wanted to share it :)

The TFT-Discord-Problem:
I think nobody enjoys the selling-buying, risking items and currency to scams etc..
Got an "Add Physical" Mod? -> pay an Exalt at the Lifeforce Harvester or Hortistation, get a "Harvest-Orb" that adds a physical mod and is tradeable.
Same for annul mods, divine mods etc.. pay one of the corresponding orb and get that "Harvest-Orb" with the craft.
Furthermore it uses currency items and takes them out of the economy + the saving of a craft has it´s price in itself - in my opinion a good thing.

"Perfect Items" and Harvest as an "Item-Editor":
As GGG stated, perfect items should be extremely rare and near impossible to obtain - Harvest contradicts that philosophy (wether you agree with that philosophy or not, doesn´t matter).
My idea for this is that every mod added via harvest craft is tagged as "harvested mod" in a greenish-blue color (or something like that) and every item can only have 1 or maybe 2 of those mods like crafted mods from the bench but not exclusive to those.

With that you would start an item with fossils or alterations or an awakeners orb etc.. so you get an item with 2-4 good to perfect mods and then finish it off with harvested mods and a crafted mod.
This keeps Harvest incredibly powerful for the right situations but also limits its power to not create the perfect item with enough harvestcrafts.

I´d like to read some of your opinions to this.
Thanks!

Now THIS would be interesting!
"
aggrofee wrote:
I haven´t read the whole 400 pages of comments, so i don´t know, if anyone already posted my following ideas for harvest.
But here is what went through my head recently and i just wanted to share it :)

The TFT-Discord-Problem:

"Perfect Items" and Harvest as an "Item-Editor":
As GGG stated, perfect items should be extremely rare and near impossible to obtain - Harvest contradicts that philosophy (wether you agree with that philosophy or not, doesn´t matter).
My idea for this is that every mod added via harvest craft is tagged as "harvested mod" in a greenish-blue color (or something like that) and every item can only have 1 or maybe 2 of those mods like crafted mods from the bench but not exclusive to those.

With that you would start an item with fossils or alterations or an awakeners orb etc.. so you get an item with 2-4 good to perfect mods and then finish it off with harvested mods and a crafted mod.
This keeps Harvest incredibly powerful for the right situations but also limits its power to not create the perfect item with enough harvestcrafts.

I´d like to read some of your opinions to this.
Thanks!

Wts 1 ex for 2 ex.
Well, not sure what need to be added...
most of the long term issues won't be dealt with (lootsplosion, lags, even crashes) but harvest will be destroyed cos too "easy".
Still, 12 days played on one character yet unfinished item wise, around one mirror worth, not a casual but not a .1%.

Wanted to try SD to finish some items, quess i'll just take a break. All bosses down, not much to get to go higher, i'm not gonna stay without any kind of possiblity to craft my own remaining gear. I've ground for a better gear. I won't reach the 7-8 mirrors i need for a perfect character. Harvest was that, the endgame utopia of a perfect character.

Contrary to some 2014 to 2017 nerfs, this is not just a nerf, it's not like you can put something to replace it. It's a large portion of endgame idea that just vanished for me.

Break after merging, let's see if some deterministic crafting can salvage this mess.

Not a native, hopefully comprehensible,

Stay safe lads
Will we ever hear more from GGG on the topic, or is this their final word?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"

Yes it ruins the economy.
Yes it ruins the game.

Deal with it.

Harvest crafting fixes the economy, in spite of the handful of people who benefited from it being broken in the first place.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Will we ever hear more from GGG on the topic, or is this their final word?

They may not respond directly, but I bet we see some spicy patch notes. Remember this was just one layer of harvest nerfs. There will likely be atlas passive nerfs and additional nerfs to ascendancies and various builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info