Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Most of civilized countries around the world work hard to raise awareness of how dangerous and damaging is the gambling. Over last few years we have seen gaming industry being hit with bans on "box gambling" etc. What GGG is doing instead? Promoting gambling and inform everyone this is the model they are interested with. WTF!!!
Harvest Crafting should be an event that occurs only in the SSF league.

All other leagues are unnecessary because you can get the items you want through trade.
Why not reduce probability of more than 1~2 nodes per Harvest, keep the spawn rate of Harvest as it is, then reduce the probability of T1~3 rolls on the craft? Then what you do is make the player insert the currency listed, to receive a tradeable craft of that variety. Also, make targeted annulment take more than one annulment. Make it take 20? Or make it take the same as remove/add?

-This encourages trading outside of the Discord server.
-It makes it less likely to farm your own items in a week.
-Adds an RNG aspect that the devs appear to want.
-Still allows players the control over their items that some builds honestly need more than others, to progress in this game.
-Keeps expensive crafts expensive, allowing people with the time and currency to gamble their items into great items over time.
-Gives newer players a meaningful way to invest currency.

With adjusted weights, trading the crafts this way will make it a fun way to gamble currency for crafting, without making it feel like we're playing the lottery for each relevant stat, regardless of tier.

... At least this appears to be the consensus on the PoE Public Discord among players that I've discussed this with over voice chat.

Now, I fully realize that the odds of implementing my suggested changes are low, but I truly feel like the changes suggested in the original post will be detrimental to the community. For a good portion of us, Harvest was a major quality of life change for the better.
Last edited by Miraille on Mar 14, 2021, 9:16:41 AM
"
Harvest Crafting should be an event that occurs only in the SSF league.

All other leagues are unnecessary because you can get the items you want through trade.

Thats the most stupid thing I have heard recently. And you think how these items are made? With harvest of course.
the worst part is i was having a blast playing this league, with plans for future playing etc.

Now after this announcement is sucked all the fun out of this league too. Why keep playing a game that is continously subjecting average players to this kind of thing?
Everytime i find something to love about the game they nerf it to heck.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people!
So we go back to NOT having a crafting system anymore and people quitting the league after the first month, way to go.
"
Subnuclear wrote:
the worst part is i was having a blast playing this league, with plans for future playing etc.

Now after this announcement is sucked all the fun out of this league too. Why keep playing a game that is continously subjecting average players to this kind of thing?
Everytime i find something to love about the game they nerf it to heck.

This.
So god damned pissed I just spent money buying all the tabs because I wanted to make this game a real hobby... with oneshots, lag, clusterfuck company decisions.... you got me good GGG... it wont happen again.
i rarely use harvest nor trade it on tft, but thanks GGG now i can quit this game peacefully.
I didn't want to comment i don't like the changes of course. easy fix was to make it like prophecy and trade it i believe discord was the main reason that ggg did this for.
I just wanted to say the toxicity of some people here is insane they support the change and hate people for saying that we don't like it [Removed by Support] i am a game developer/designer in a moba company and our player base is more than poe entire seasons combined being disconnected from the player base is not good on the long term.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 14, 2021, 11:01:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info