Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

GGG you should be aware that the only people here who agrees with this decision are the players who:
a)doesn't support the game
b)don't reach the endgame so can't judge the difficulty level
c)have shadowy interest in this change to be made because they will be benefited from It
d) a+b+c

If you gonna apply this change you should also tune down the endgame as It is right now. If you don't:
a)you gonna narrow the meta builds
b)because a) the market is gonna be totally polarized
c)you will be indirectly promoting the use of the disgusting RMT

I'm totally ok with you guys managing your game as you see fit. But I am concerned that you are totally unaware of where these changes are leading you all.
And I'm saying this because you're clearly already unaware of how the game works, just looking at your view of how players use the exalt currency or craft their items.
GGG you're the best ARPG developers out there and im glad you dont make the game like many other ARPG's.
Harvest changed my experience of the game so much that the big OHHH moment when dropping an ex isn't big anymore.
I welcome that you are still going the route of making the game hard rather than consoling struggling player because I want to struggle and have big OHHH moments again.
Thanks for all the hard work and keep rolling
"Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts."

Also GGG : You have to go to our website in order to buy an item, no problem with that.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Back to the real issue that only a handful of players understand or care about. Having the crafts tradable (on Discord) is the problem. Heck, take out Harvest craft trading and problem solved and no rework is needed....I am certain GGG staff played WOW - just make the crafted pieces soul bound to the account.

Easy....come on man...I have read many of the comments in this post. GGG (Chris) needs to rethink this bad decision because it is only OP because of trading.

And here is the real source of the problem revealed. Trading harvest crafts on Discord.

The proposed nerfs pound the symptoms in to the ground, in an lazy, heavy handed slap to the majority of the players, without addressing the core problem at all.

By addressing the trading of Harvest crafts, they could have solved the problem and the symptoms, without unnecessarily harming most players.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
"
Dspayre wrote:
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Back to the real issue that only a handful of players understand or care about. Having the crafts tradable (on Discord) is the problem. Heck, take out Harvest craft trading and problem solved and no rework is needed....I am certain GGG staff played WOW - just make the crafted pieces soul bound to the account.

Easy....come on man...I have read many of the comments in this post. GGG (Chris) needs to rethink this bad decision because it is only OP because of trading.

And here is the real source of the problem revealed. Trading harvest crafts on Discord.

The proposed nerfs pound the symptoms in to the ground, in an lazy, heavy handed slap to the majority of the players, without addressing the core problem at all.

By addressing the trading of Harvest crafts, they could have solved the problem and the symptoms, without unnecessarily harming most players.

Fun fact, people will still be using tft after this changes..
"
Dspayre wrote:
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:

We all know GGG is throwing a lame excuse here. Their real intentions are, "we don't want people to be as successful in the endgame", the reason behind that is "we want a bigger player retention".
Well, let me tell you this, if you gonna bomb Harvest mechanics as they're right now, you just not gonna augment your player retention but less players will join the following leagues, so this clearly gonna backfire you guys at GGG...
And not just because you gonna have less players in the game but because people gonna buy less MTX since you gonna narrow the possible builds to reach endgame, which let me tell you that, they're already SUPER NARROW if you look at the amount of used builds compared to the existing skills...

Last edited by Lvzb3l on Mar 13, 2021, 2:57:36 PM
"
Rene_2706 wrote:
"
Dspayre wrote:
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:

Fun fact, people will still be using tft after this changes..

As I said...

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
It's good that GGG isn't just after the biggest player base they can get, like blizzard for example, because that would lead them to make decisions which would make the game more to something they never intended to.
They've never done what most players tell them and in my eyes that's part of their success.
They envision the game to be something to work for and put lots of time in to achieve anything.
Harvest is a big shortcut and most people who complain here don't even appreciate the short glimpse of power we were given with it.
But well, game will get hard again many noobs leave and game is still good.
Last edited by ThorArise on Mar 13, 2021, 3:05:15 PM
r/pathofexile
"
ThorArise wrote:
It's good that GGG isn't just after the biggest player base they can get, like blizzard for example, because that would lead them to make decisions which would make the game more to something they never intended to.
They've never done what most players tell them and in my eyes that's part of their success.
They envision the game to be something to work for and put lots of time in to achieve anything.
Harvest is a big shortcut and most people who complain here don't even appreciate the short glimpse of power we were given with it.
But well, game will get hard again many noobs leave and game is still good.

Lold this comment made me chuckle. Yeah, because forcing all the players into playing the 3-4 OP builds of the moment is not a cater to the noobs. The irony on some people is preposterous, they play the lame noob build of the moment and think they're "pro". Look how pro I am zoom zooming the game with my Necro or my BV Assassin, It's simply hilarious xDD

Also, how delusional must someone be thinking the noobs can afford the godlike items created at Harvest, hilarious x2...
Last edited by Lvzb3l on Mar 13, 2021, 3:19:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info