Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
xHavoCx wrote:
The real problem here are the 3rd party tools and the access to what should be rare craft options on demand. And the proposed nerfs do NOTHING to curb this.

I see a lot of suggestions for account locking items but that ruins trade value.

Why not make that lock temporary? A 1 hour/1 day account-bound status for harvest crafted items would ruin 3rd party access because now you need a stranger to hold your item for a while.

Alternatively keep these nerfs and make the crafts that remain tradable IN GAME.

FFS If we won't overtly kill the ability to use 3rd party groups then AT LEAST provide an in game alternative. I wouldn't even be so upset about the changes if they would fix THE ONE THING I actually hated about the process (The need to go to discord to find someone with the craft I want to use and pray they don't fuck up the item).

POE has grow to rely on trade overlay to flip to be rich and ext site to check which item is good to be flipped. It is not the matter of harvest

even poe.trade is an ext site and GGG did not have their own trade site until a few years ago

GGG has no power to regulate the player trading market now unless they ban all player what sell harvest craft, which is impossible
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Thanks GGG for destroying tons of builds and casual gamer who just have 2 or 3 hours or less to play poe...
Main problem was TFT Discord ! Not HARVEST . Nobody askin about nerfin Harvest .
Just make it like bestiary orbs . Fire exalt , cold exalt , chaos annulment etc.
Harvest crafting makes ANY skill/build Playable ! Just look on build rotation in Harvest , Heist , Ritual leagues . And u wanna take it away . Hello Cyclone , Spectres , Miner , and couple chaos builds . Damn great to hear . I love your Game . I mean - thats pretty much the only game im fall in love in past few years . But ... jesus christ . IF U CAN CRAFT and got TIME for it - u will get mirror tier items , no matter what . But if u play 3-4 hours per day - Harvest was the name of the game . Even ability to manage your resists was a huge , HUGE thing for build diversity . DISCORD was a problem - NOT HARVEST !
If GGG worries about TFT discord, GGG would have made stuffs that had harvest involved to craft untradeable or locked. I used to play many online games and found locking items on character or make it untradeable is absolutely doable. GGG should think about this option rather than nerf the game like this.
Last edited by mrvitcom on Mar 13, 2021, 7:50:51 AM
Hey GGG, nerfing harvest is like banning cars, just because 100 people in the world driving a Bugatti Veyron.

My vote: plz dont do this.
"
Why dont just make harvest things NOT TRADEABLE????????
This will solve literally everything.

It is the opposite, the solution is to make the craft easy to trade.
Everything should be tradable.

if the top 0.1% end the league with mirror tiers item, it is not a problem.
it doesn't affect negatively anyone.
Here is a simple and effective solution to the problem.

1. Discord is no longer needed.
2. We will be motivated to use the currency. And we steel have feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting.
3. Let the enchanted orbs, Exalts, Anuls cost X10, but the players should have the potential to do what they want. Otherwise, the players simply suffocate from the lack of the ability to make the items they need, as a result of which they leave the game after 3 weeks, (like me befor Harvest).

P.S. In Heist league, I had a cognitive dissonance from the realization that even if I had 500 exalts, I would not be able to complete my character and make him good. Since any little thing with the t3 stats I needed was worth 30 exalts. I felt breathless at not being able to never finish my build.
Why should I play then? Each Item has hundreds of stats, and each stat has a t10, so should I really roll my exalt with a 1/1000 probability?
I understand the concept of GGG, this is a cult game, Mirrored things must truly be a legend! But the number of stats in the game is not proportional to the large, the possibilities of at least mediocre crafting.

В темноту назад и в низ!
Last edited by Hasanderson on Mar 13, 2021, 8:33:19 AM
"

2. We will be motivated to use the currency. And we steel have feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting.
3. Let the reaping enchanted orbs cost X10, but the players should have the potential to do what they want. Otherwise, the players simply suffocate from the lack of the ability to make the items they need, as a result of which they leave the game after 3 weeks, (like me befor Harvest).

P.S. In Heist league, I had a cognitive dissonance from the realization that even if I had 500 exalts, I would not be able to complete my character and make him good. Since any little thing with the t3 stats I needed was worth 30 exalts. I felt breathless at not being able to finish my build.

And no. You need to make it atleast 10 exalts to be balanced.
"

3. Let the reaping enchanted orbs cost X10, but the players should have the potential to do what they want. Otherwise, the players simply suffocate from the lack of the ability to make the items they need, as a result of which they leave the game after 3 weeks, (like me befor Harvest).

P.S. In Heist league, I had a cognitive dissonance from the realization that even if I had 500 exalts, I would not be able to complete my character and make him good. Since any little thing with the t3 stats I needed was worth 30 exalts. I felt breathless at not being able to never finish my build.
Why should I play then? Each Item has hundreds of stats, and each stat has a t10, so should I really roll my exalt with a 1/1000 probability?
I understand the concept of GGG, this is a cult game, Mirrored things must truly be a legend! But the number of stats in the game is not proportional to the large, the possibilities of at least mediocre crafting.

I like this idea... solves many problem alot of people have with harvest while keeping the good stuff... sadly its a good idea which means the Bald one will never accept it... cant have good idea that isnt his.
Last edited by Snipemaster on Mar 13, 2021, 8:35:18 AM
GG you just destroyed the fun of your casual player base and will significantly reduce the playtime of your next league by a lot.
Hope I see some graphs with playtime and player playtime statistics next league and comparations and see how much this change hurt the game.
We wanted an easy trade route for harvest crafts and we got a fucking punch in the face and a stomp for the casual players.
Last edited by thecursedone on Mar 13, 2021, 8:39:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info