Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
It's frustrating reading these posts knowing Harvest will still be OP next league. I don't know if you guys just don't know how to craft or want 6 T1s or riot. Because I tested many items at emulator using only crafts Chris says is still allowed and common currency and you are still capable of making tons of GG items. Harvest will be used. Used to add influences on your very deterministic double influenced chests by locking prefixs and spamming influences til you get the right suffixs. Used to make GG regular rare weapons and Jewels which still allow very deterministic adds. Yes it will cost more because you gotta scour more but huge potential is still here.

As usual when a nerf comes this is an overreaction. You will see. That's probably why devs are like not responding it's the same story every nerf and tiresome.

I actually agree with you, and to be honest, seeing how toxic those self-claimed "casuals" are, it wouldn't be a bad thing to see them quit the game.

First thing i did is to see what's going to be able, and saw many ways to still do things (more expensive, that's true).

What's funny is that people didn't complained when they cleared all content with multimoded explo chest, now they just want to have access to 10 times better items for 20ex.

Seeing all that baby's cries made me changes my mind, make the game for people who tries not for people who cries.
"
peespipe wrote:
Manifestus XXI
Chapter 3:10
And thus were the citizens harvests plentiful and bountious. And the citizens used the bounty of these harvests to fashion implements and vestments of heretofor unseen splendor and might. And they took these implements, and these vestments, and joined battle on the denizens of the dark places, and of the in-between spaces. And the citizens laid waste to all before them. And thus began a period of mastery over the Realms of the Atlas such as had never been.

When ThriceG saw what unfolded, how the bounty of the crops and the abundance of mighty implements and vestments made light of the challenges he had set forth to trial and harden the citizens, he was distraught. ThriceG could see the inevitable corruption to which such ease and langour would lead, and he was thus angered.

ThriceG sent forth the Arch Angel WilsonChris and bade him spake thus, "Know this, thee citizens of Exile, that ThriceG sees your achievements, and your conquests, and is pleased by your actions. But ThriceG also foresees that you will become corrupt, and without soul, and bereft of purpose without challenge and strife. Thus He has ordained that your crops will be less bountious, and the count of your fruits and variety of your harvests shall be lessened. Henceforth, upon the next turning of the moon, thou shall have obscurred vision, and be stripped of prescience of thine outcomes. For only the blind may truly appreciate the light."

Well done like fried chicken. If only this entire would speak like this; the thread would be 500+ pages by now.
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
Am3nti wrote:
"
I don't see why you should dismiss all the fun with Maven

All the fun I had with Maven was possible because I could get gear to even reach Maven. Guess how? Harvest.

Harvest is also what made the grind for currency not only bearable, but also fun. Why? Because I had crafting goals, so I knew what direction I was going. Were they 100% deterministic goals? No. It took me a month to create my explody chest. And countless fails in the process...

Not every build needs Harvest to kill Maven. Good that it worked for you, but it was not a pre-requisite for everyone.

And I never said that it needs. You skipped the focus on FUN in my post. The same fun that made me stick around longer. And buy the supporter pack to show approval / support the devs. And to set goals for myself, other than possibly getting the challenges... And for the first time, allowed me to thinker with my own items, rather than going with the guides / top builds on poe.ninja... etc.
Last edited by Am3nti on Mar 12, 2021, 1:27:34 PM
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
Am3nti wrote:
"
I don't see why you should dismiss all the fun with Maven

All the fun I had with Maven was possible because I could get gear to even reach Maven. Guess how? Harvest.

Harvest is also what made the grind for currency not only bearable, but also fun. Why? Because I had crafting goals, so I knew what direction I was going. Were they 100% deterministic goals? No. It took me a month to create my explody chest. And countless fails in the process...

Not every build needs Harvest to kill Maven. Good that it worked for you, but it was not a pre-requisite for everyone.

This game IS about build diversity, but your solution is "just play builds that don't need good items to reach end game". What a waste of an enourmous passive tree and 10+ classes with their ascendances...
"

This game IS about build diversity, but your solution is "just play builds that don't need good items to reach end game". What a waste of an enourmous passive tree and 10+ classes with their ascendances...[/quote]

150% THIS!
They did not say the exact words but the feeling I get from this post could be summed up as

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for slamming exalts"
There is a few thing i want to ask/say.
1)can i use the remove non x mod add x mod on influence items? if so harvest isnt totally dead just harder to use and now you can brick a item.
2)Why admit discord is a problem and do nothing about it?
3) and why not just keep annul and remove/add craft and make it so we cant use it on influence items? i honestly liked fixing bad temple, delve items harvest made those old obsolete non influence items good again if you didnt want to do beast splitting. now if i want to use them i would need to synthesize them hoping i hit the mod and craft from there instead of crafting around the mod.
4)clearly GGG like ex slamming given their post let us make a item then conqueror slam it hoping to hit the mod. Its the only exalt worth using for random mods anyway.
5) and who at GGG though balancing harvest around rarity would fix its problems. it would never work. It only makes craft more expensive not harder to make items.
They should have seen this happening before they implemented it in 3.13 they had the harvest league data and seen what happened. if they just implemented it like they will in 3.14 from the start they would not have nearly this big of a backlash
6) my biggest problem with harvest is its disruptive gameplay. giving us more gardens with less crafts and worse crafts in it doesn't fix it it only makes it worse. Every time i find a garden i have to think can i use this re forge/craft if no next one and if yes now i need to look for the item in my tabs. just give us a something that adds a garden to our map device so we cant sell it and when we want to craft we can clear all the gardens at the same time. more craft than 10 would also be helpful.

I'd really like a runescape-like poll on the topic before any major decisions are made. While I quit harvest early due to performance issues, tedious farm mechanics (as someone who likes factorio-like-games even) and other stuff. I still enjoyed this league largely because of harvest want it in a state as close to its current state as possible.
why not just leave it as it is and fix other issues that are more important to fix?

like crashing on 5ways.
like crashing on 100% deli maps
like being scared to hit alt by mistake on said 100% deli maps.
like me having a high end pc having to play this game on the lowest possible
setting yet still having the feeling of a turned based rpg?
like implementing a working trade system.
like reducing the useless loot
like some form of aoe looting.
like a way to change the color of the outline of a map, this is useful when playing glacier. etc..
like implementing some sort of death recap?.

many many things to improve before this harvest nerfs..
but yeah i know the more inconvenient it is the more we will stick around right?

was it strong? definitely.
was it fun. absolutely.
and i would agree with some sort of nerfs if the league would last 6 months.
but for a league that last 3 months. not required.

and now you will be flooding standard with unobtainable items that a few have.
so you are also running standard for the people that like sticking around in standard.

remember people play games to have fun, and harvest did bring a lot of pleopl that find this system fun.

some might not like it. they are free to not use it.
ohh but it affects the prices on the market by devaluating some items.
yeah right so that's what's all about. you getting your exalts.
"
Rene_2706 wrote:
why not just leave it as it is and fix other issues that are more important to fix?

like crashing on 5ways.
like crashing on 100% deli maps
like being scared to hit alt by mistake on said 100% deli maps.
like me having a high end pc having to play this game on the lowest possible
setting yet still having the feeling of a turned based rpg?
like implementing a working trade system.
like reducing the useless loot
like some form of aoe looting.
like a way to change the color of the outline of a map, this is useful when playing glacier. etc..
like implementing some sort of death recap?.

many many things to improve before this harvest nerfs..
but yeah i know the more inconvenient it is the more we will stick around right?

was it strong? definitely.
was it fun. absolutely.
and i would agree with some sort of nerfs if the league would last 6 months.
but for a league that last 3 months. not required.

and now you will be flooding standard with unobtainable items that a few have.
so you are also running standard for the people that like sticking around in standard.

remember people play games to have fun, and harvest did bring a lot of pleopl that find this system fun.

some might not like it. they are free to not use it.
ohh but it affects the prices on the market by devaluating some items.
yeah right so that's what's all about. you getting your exalts.

Can I also add to address the shit show on consoles?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info