Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

To be honest guys just wait D2 remastered is around the corner :)! Going to be great to step away for a bit till they sort their shit out down here.
"
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
I also wanted to ask, how is that Reddit post have about 30% upvotes, from 75% within 24 hours? Doesn’t this ring any bells? Perhaps your approach on harvest nerf isn’t the best? Please, I love this game and I hate to see what will happen within next 6 months with it, if you fellas will remain deaf. Remember, your game is not only the streamers, Varga with mirror service and no lifers. Your game is shaped by mostly casual and average crowd, and if you will chase them away, there will be no 1%rs.

Nope they won't back down end of story all your doing are tantrums.

Eh, I personally couldn’t care less of harvest for my personal use. I play leagues only if the mechanics are interesting, on standard where I hang around the most I have tabs of OG harvest gear I crafted and traded for pretty much every char I play or want to play, and if I play the leagues I know how to make currency to buy what I need. I’m advocating for people who don’t. What ggg did now is hurting people like me (upper middle class sort of) and like you (1%) but in a way that most folks don’t see. Mark my words, if harvest will go thru with these changes, and it will turn as another “welp, grove, ignore” mechanics, everyone will be paying for that mistake.

Cheers
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
bauermayers wrote:

It's amazing how you got everything wrong. The point of Harvest is not making OP builds, but to make non meta/weird/just for fun builds more viable. It's about build diversity. It's not that players didn't like the game before, but they introduced a mechanic that is fun for the vast majority of players, including casuals, non casuals, trade, ssf, and are taking it away. In a league that had a ton of server issues, graphic "improvments", issues, Harvest was one the thing pretty much EVERYBODY was happy about. What do they do? Adress the server problems? No. Fix bugs? No. Take away the one thing nobody has a problem with? FUCK YEAH!!!!!

I am afraid your perception can't really stand against the facts:

"
League Launch peak Weekend after Drop
Harvest 127k 81k -36%
Delirium 133k 100k -25%
Metamorph 118k 96k -19%
Blight 75k 54k -28%
Legion 114k 95k -17%
Synthesis 113k 77k -32%
Betrayal 123k 106k -14%
Delve 76k 65k -14%
Incursion 96k 83k -14%
Bestiary 82k 68k -17%
Abyss 70k 63k -10%
Harbinger 98k 90k -8%
Legacy 64k 53k -17%
Breach 47k 43k -9%
Essence 33k 31k -6%
Prophecy 26k 22k -15%
Perandus 37k 32k -14%
Talisman 22k 20k -9%
Warbands / Tempest 32k 29k -9%
Torment / Bloodlines 14k 12k -15%
Rampage / Beyond 25k 20k -20%
Ambush / Invasion 20k 17k -15%
Domination / Nemesis 34k 32k -6%

On Steam, Harvest had the worst retention numbers (not sure if Heist was worst or better). Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hi47ig/harvest_league_broke_historical_records_for/

If this league is a success, it's because of the Atlas rework (it's fun), the Maven missions (it's fun), Ritual (it's fun and more mobs and more loot!). Yes some players like, adore, worship harvest, but the limited evidence we have is that players absolutely hated the original Harvest league.
All big and small streamers complaining now on Youtube. It's almost like they want Chris to be fired. That much the "Devs" are out of touch with this game.
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
bauermayers wrote:

It's amazing how you got everything wrong. The point of Harvest is not making OP builds, but to make non meta/weird/just for fun builds more viable. It's about build diversity. It's not that players didn't like the game before, but they introduced a mechanic that is fun for the vast majority of players, including casuals, non casuals, trade, ssf, and are taking it away. In a league that had a ton of server issues, graphic "improvments", issues, Harvest was one the thing pretty much EVERYBODY was happy about. What do they do? Adress the server problems? No. Fix bugs? No. Take away the one thing nobody has a problem with? FUCK YEAH!!!!!

I am afraid your perception can't really stand against the facts:

"
League Launch peak Weekend after Drop
Harvest 127k 81k -36%
Delirium 133k 100k -25%
Metamorph 118k 96k -19%
Blight 75k 54k -28%
Legion 114k 95k -17%
Synthesis 113k 77k -32%
Betrayal 123k 106k -14%
Delve 76k 65k -14%
Incursion 96k 83k -14%
Bestiary 82k 68k -17%
Abyss 70k 63k -10%
Harbinger 98k 90k -8%
Legacy 64k 53k -17%
Breach 47k 43k -9%
Essence 33k 31k -6%
Prophecy 26k 22k -15%
Perandus 37k 32k -14%
Talisman 22k 20k -9%
Warbands / Tempest 32k 29k -9%
Torment / Bloodlines 14k 12k -15%
Rampage / Beyond 25k 20k -20%
Ambush / Invasion 20k 17k -15%
Domination / Nemesis 34k 32k -6%

On Steam, Harvest had the worst retention numbers (not sure if Heist was worst or better). Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hi47ig/harvest_league_broke_historical_records_for/

If this league is a success, it's because of the Atlas rework (it's fun), the Maven missions (it's fun), Ritual (it's fun and more mobs and more loot!). Yes some players like, adore, worship harvest, but the limited evidence we have is that players absolutely hated the original Harvest league.

Good thing about numbers is you can present them in any way you want them, and write any narrative you feel fits. People didn’t hate harvest, people absolutely hated the planting mechanics, just go to the league trailer and see the comments, everyone was pretty much laughing at it, and bitching about how tedious it will be (and turned out to be).

So, nope, harvest had horrible retention because of the grove mechanics. And also, again, do not compare OG harvest and amount of crafts to this version of harvest. They are nowhere near each other.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Or how about, "consumes an annulment orb (or 2 annulment orbs) when applying a remove modifier".

Another would be, "consumes an exalted orb (or 2) when applying an add modifier".

This could make the other currencies useful again.

I don't know, i'm noob.
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
I remember me playing this game in beta, i was playing quite a few leagues here and there, yet NEVER have i ever completed one or even played one for so long like in Ritual. Only because i was able to actually get some gear and do end game without sitting there 24/7, i have managed to complete all challenges at the end, just because of harvest. Now get rid of it without giving us alternative, thanks :) great business decisions...
"
Mark my words, if harvest will go thru with these changes, and it will turn as another “welp, grove, ignore” mechanics, everyone will be paying for that mistake.

this so much!

the 1% can't seem to fathom that when 99% of the playerbase leaves because of horrible decisions... then who will be left to sell crafted items too?

none!

no one will be there to sell items to!
Why nerfing the best crafting mechanic besides bestiary?
You literally need dozens of exalts to slam an item to perfect and i am
not the type of person who gets this by farming w/o harvest.
So this game turns more and more in a game where only experts could have a nice gaming experience...
Stronger bosses, harder content but nerfing the shit out of Builds and mechanics...

Better solve your performance issues and fix your trade system than nerfing everything...

I love all the content PoE has to offer but what is wrong having a game where getting perfect item is also reachable for time to time players and not only for 24/7 streamers...

Just my opinion, looking forward to the next league :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info