Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
neohongkong wrote:
over 300 pages, not a single GGG reply...

Good they don't have to respond to tantrums.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
so you "familly man" want to aim for mirror worthy item in every slots in the first month ?

You know it's the antithesis on how the game was designed btw but there is one that embraced that mindset : Diablo 3

Go test and see for yourself how enjoyable it is

So the crafted move speed and tier 4 resists on your gear, that's because you only played 29 days this league right?

I played in SSFHC at the start of the league then in different private league to train for the gauntlet.
I dont play the scrubcore and on top of that the stuff i have on that bb character is already outrageous knowing how little i played in the trade league.
So yes my point stand very well

No it doesn’t stand at all actually. Because it only shows that without craft trading getting well rolled items via harvest is just as difficult as it supposed to be. If it wasn’t for ease of trade via TFT, 90% of items would not come to be at all, in fact. But instead of fixing or removing craft trading aspect, ggg decides to gut crafting all together in the name of 1%.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
neohongkong wrote:

They already know they did the correct thing.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
You guys badly missed the mark. Crafting will go back to the .01% elite who can blow 5000ex and the rest of us will quit the league and not spend any money in your store after 3 weeks of beating our heads against T13 magic quality maps.
Oh yes without trading craft harvest is fine.
But this game is balanced arround the trade softcore players and i know that very well since im not one of them anymore.

Game is balanced around trading and harvest with trading is broken that sum the things up so it will be nuked because of it simple.

And soul bound will never happen because it will kill the whole trade league purpose something ggg will never EVER do even when brevik told them they could do that chris said he will never allow it.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
Last edited by Arcanist_ on Mar 12, 2021, 10:11:25 AM
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
so you "familly man" want to aim for mirror worthy item in every slots in the first month ?

You know it's the antithesis on how the game was designed btw but there is one that embraced that mindset : Diablo 3

Go test and see for yourself how enjoyable it is

Eh, get of your horse man because league is already 2 months in and you don’t have a single mirror tier item on your league chars. If it was as easy to make mirror tier items as some of you delusional people think, every other player would have them in league. Thing is they don’t. Because even mediocre 3xt2 and one of two t1 rolls on rare that actually are from desired mod pool cost 200-300 exalts to make (of you buy crafts) and might not even be achieved if you don’t buy crafts.

get off your high horse and look at my post above : i didnt played softcore a lot this season but on the other hand i did over 10 mirrors services and almost hundred fractures services back in the real harvest league so don't give me that shit about achievement.

Whatever you did or didn’t in OG harvest doesn’t mean anything, because current harvest is not even 10% of the old one. Do not judge present by the past and vice versa.I have TABS full of OG harvest gear, every single char I play is valued in mirrors, and I still firmly believe that current harvest iteration should stay as is, only the trading of crafts should be prohibited.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
"
neohongkong wrote:

I mean, some of the posts may come across as tantrums but are the points made illogical if it doesn't benefit anyone? Let me know who this benefits. If this change is not done for the benefit of the players and to increase the overall enjoyment of the game, do you suggest 90% of the players leave and find another game to play instead of complaining? Or, bend over if they don't like what they see?

I'm fairly easy-going, but tbh I'm seeing the flaws of GGG's approach to game development and how they make their decisions.

I'd implement a couple of things like polls and then take into consideration statistical data such as player retention after league start week 1, 2, 3 etc, build diversity, mtx and stash sales etc. Then, depending on the polls if I'd still be unsure if the change would be well received, I'd give it a trial period and have things like a second vote. Then make a final decision. GGG comes out with their make or break attitude and pisses off thousands of people because the changes only align with a small percentage of people.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 10:16:35 AM
Chris, Do you even play the game you're the lead on anymore?

"Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it" NOBODY, NOBODY NOBODY finds this powerful or exciting. The risk part absolutely because 99% of the time you're just deleting the currency thru spamming chaos orbs on an item.

Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts.

--TRADING IN THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE. YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO POINT OUT USING DISCORD AS A REASON FOR THESE CHANGES.

all these changes do are screw over the average/above average player. I'm done with this game.
Last edited by vagrancyx291 on Mar 12, 2021, 10:17:45 AM
Still no statements from the devs. We're waiting, friends.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
HowToGusta wrote:
"
"
neohongkong wrote:

I mean, some of the posts may come across as tantrums but are the points made illogical if it doesn't benefit anyone? Let me know who this benefits. If this change is not done for the benefit of the players and to increase the overall enjoyment of the game, do you suggest 90% of the players leave and find another game to play instead of complaining?

The only problem is there no other succesfull game around here.
Whatever other game is accesible now - they loses in comparison to poe.
Game needs other competitors to not do such unadequate decisions to there playerbase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info