Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Im eternal on the tft discord that mean the difference from harvest league and the current implementation is just more private message on the discord.
Yep i can't sell anymore 100 fractures craft in one go to amigo but if you do pure atoll running and harvest trading on the discord the end is the same you just have to write to more peoples and that's it.
I've just done it with the tailwind/onslaught/elusive boots i made because i wanted to have a general speed boots since i only used my trade league character to test things for the gauntlet so i actually rerolled my character a lot and i made item that worked on them all and it wasnt long at ALL to get the dozen of remove/add needed.
I have friend that were printing the triple elevated craft in less than 3 hours of tft discord it's not supposed to be this fast.

And for prohibition of trading it's not possible the only "possible" solution would be soul bound something ggg will NEVER allow.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
I am sure GGG read through all these posts and they take note of the points. Before they make their decision, they would have weighed the pros and cons of all the scenarios and they would have checked with the big bosses especially on areas that may fundamentally affect bottom-line. Their bosses happens to also owned dozens of multi-million dollars sales games globally and they know this industry more than you or me. Furthermore, when they expand this game to China, the playerbase multiplied by the hundreds. A few hundreds post here may be just a drop in the ocean to them unless we know that the Chinese player base is also all up in arms over this topic.

GGG and Tencent runs a gaming business for decades and they know more about what is good for their game than most of us here. Let just see what happens in April. If you are still sour, make the best of the remaining 1 month of gaming before the changes.
"
Arcanist_ wrote:

Im eternal on the tft discord that mean the difference from harvest league and the current implementation is just more private message on the discord.
Yep i can't sell anymore 100 fractures craft in one go to amigo but if you do pure atoll running and harvest trading on the discord the end is the same you just have to write to more peoples and that's it.
I've just done it with the tailwind/onslaught/elusive boots i made because i wanted to have a general speed boots since i only used my trade league character to test things for the gauntlet so i actually rerolled my character a lot and i made item that worked on them all and it wasnt long at ALL to get the dozen of remove/add needed.
I have friend that were printing the triple elevated craft in less than 3 hours of tft discord it's not supposed to be this fast.

And for prohibition of trading it's not possible the only "possible" solution would be soul bound something ggg will NEVER allow.

Well, you can tell us how much your friend spent on this triple elevated craft in less than 5 hour?
Than we can compare this number to what a mediocre played earns in whole league and again discuss 1% playerbase problems.
Last edited by jPinkmen on Mar 12, 2021, 10:22:33 AM
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
I am sure GGG read through all these posts and they take note of the points. Before they make their decision, they would have weighed the pros and cons of all the scenarios and they would have checked with the big bosses especially on areas that may fundamentally affect bottom-line. Their bosses happens to also owned dozens of multi-million dollars sales games globally and they know this industry more than you or me. Furthermore, when they expand this game to China, the playerbase multiplied by the hundreds. A few hundreds post here may be just a drop in the ocean to them unless we know that the Chinese player base is also all up in arms over this topic.

GGG and Tencent runs a gaming business for decades and they know more about what is good for their game than most of us here. Let just see what happens in April. If you are still sour, make the best of the remaining 1 month of gaming before the changes.

People are complaining, but inevitably players will return (some won't out of principal, but not everyone has the discipline for that).

You may think that game devs/big bois at the top know what is best, but if you've ever worked with execs, most have little to no understanding of what makes a good game and mainly focus on sales. GGG/partners/owners etc. don't seem to follow this model because of certain core values. But, when a game as popular and singular as POE (dominating arpg scene) makes unpopular decisions should be addressed/remedied by GGG by weighing the pros and cons - as a business should.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 10:31:20 AM
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:

Well, you can tell us how much your friend spent on this triple elevated craft in less than 5 hour?
Than we can compare this number to what a mediocre played earns in whole league and again discuss 1% playerbase problems.

indeed it's in the few hundred of exalt but the problem there is more the SPEED than the total cost.
I'd say the cost is acceptable but the SPEED at which you can make the item is way too quick.

I get what ggg say about goal if in the end when you have a bit currency rolling you can finish your project in the span of a day.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
RIP 3.14
Finally they listened beyond the vocal few. Too many people are confusing an ACTION RPG with a crafting simulator. The less crafting leagues and mechanics we get, the better for ARPG players.

Why does everyone want that perfect 2x +1 t skill gem? It's only 9% more damage compared to a +1... it will not change your experience of the game and hat you can or can't kill.

And all complaining are missing all the ripple effects of easy crafting: players who actually play the game and pick up loot can no longer sell there stuff since many players now are more self sufficient. Which means less currencies and unable to buy their own upgrades. They are therefore forced to either engage with a shitty crafting system, go on Discord, or accept having a worse equipment, even though thy are engaging with the game and actually killing monsters.

The super rich abused Harvest even more than casual or middle players, they will suffer even more.

I don't know why everyone feels entitled to take a perfect PoB and assume it can be done in-game. A perfect PoB is just that: a fantasy we can dream of, and then in the real game we need to make compromises. So what if we don't have a perfect rolled item, T2s instead of T1 resists or life rolls?

Thanks for GGG for making a stand to keep the game meaningful and not a 1 month league to get to full itemisation on 5 different characters.
Now if next they could only kill flasks.
"
neohongkong wrote:
over 300 pages, not a single GGG reply...

BECAUSE GGG DOES NOT CARE! Chris used to talk with streamers and no-lifers. Their opinions are base for his decisions. If pro-players are not happy that more or less casual players can enjoy possibility of crafting good equipment then GGG has to nerf that possibility to make professional players happy.
If GGG would care, why they would not fix first other annoying issues, mentioned on forum hundred times already - overpowered builds, the game reliability - we have plague of crashes every league, abnormal latency and frame-rate spikes... There are many items to fix.
But... they "fix" the Harvest crafting which is quite good at this stage, maybe could be a bit adjusted in the future (crafts trading would be a good addition). Harvest crafting did not ruin anything - there are no hundreds of "mirror-worth" items with bargain prices on trade sites. Good items are still extraordinary expensive.
Last edited by Mark__75 on Mar 12, 2021, 10:33:55 AM
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:

indeed it's in the few hundred of exalt but the problem there is more the SPEED than the total cost.
I'd say the cost is acceptable but the SPEED at which you can make the item is way too quick.

I get what ggg say about goal if in the end when you have a bit currency rolling you can finish your project in the span of a day.

Speed is just the bonus, that unlimited currency provides. Thats still a problem of a player that can spend hundreds of exalt on one craft, not of a mediocre player that can tune his gear just to cap this resists.
Making life harder for a guy from your case must not affect a player from mine.
And again this just shows that its more of trade and tft problem that the harvest itself.
Phew.

Seems like the snowstorm has passed and the flakes finally start melting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info