Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
I have been on this game off and on since beta. I have NEVER been able to gear out my characters the way I have wanted too. I missed synthesis and the original harvest. With this re-implementation IN ITS CURRENT FORM I felt I could finally reach my goals and have fun with it without having to stop and consiter RMT to get the currency I need (yes I will admit it, it crosses my mind all the time) Now you are destroying everything because people are sell / trading the harvest mods.

What you are doing is a mistake. Seal up this current harvest in SSF and permit a HC like transfer of item out of SSF to standard to prevent trades but don't take hope away from people.
Have to chime in and say, this is the longest I've played a league and same goes for my friends.

Plus we all remarked and noticed that we're co-operating a lot more, because we all run different builds and thus we can mix and match our harvests to help each-other out all the time.

I fear with this kind of nerf, firstly we won't stick around nearly as long to do multiple builds and secondly harvest itself won't provide the kind of gear we were having fun creating together for min-max'ing the endgame.
terrible decision... its a sad day when your 'vision of the game' is so far from what the players enjoy that youre willing to drive players (the livelihood of your game) away...

I urge GGG to reconsider these nerfs, perhaps integrate the harvest we have now into other areas of the game...

Out right removing it like this just destroys an aspect of the game players have grown fond of.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
As a player that started playing PoE this league, I have to say Harvest was a life savior. It helped me make currency and also get decent gears.

With it gone, I don't imagine myself playing much going forward. I absolutely hated the fossil crafting system. It's too complicated for a newbie and also much harder.

RIP Casual playing and enjoying the game for me.
Increasing the encounter rate for the grove by 60% is just going to remind me 60% more often about how useless harvest crafting is now. There is no way I can enjoy this game any more. So much of my enjoyment of it was in spite of itself anyway.

This isn't "ragequitting", this is someone suddenly finding that they can no longer enjoy playing a game that was previously their favorite.

...For 9 years.

GGG is at a crossroads right now: They can let the vast majority of plebs keep a fair leg up that they've been given, or they can prove once again that they have the biggest dick.

Personally, I'm not sticking around to get disappointed again.
Last edited by Obright on Mar 12, 2021, 3:13:55 AM
Piety - Damn you!
You've stolen my dream of finally being able to craft my good gear without having to come up with currency levels I've never been able to afford and never will be able to afford short of selling a kidney.

I am not good at generating currency from other players. I never have been. Not even IRL am I good at making money though barter/trade. I love community, but I might as well be SSF.

Harvest in it's current form offers an excellent way for players to work towards a goal without having it blow up it their face. To give a very personal example I deal with my own persona mental health issues like depression and autism. It is so hard to put effort into my life only for my disabilities to come and take it all way and leave me with a mess or a waste because they decide in their "random" nature to shut me down. The rich can afford to have such mistakes. I cannot. Your game is no different. Your allowing the rich to screw everyone else by taking away the one thing that allows them to have hope of crafting the gear they need.
I swear im playing POE for 3-4 years and NEVER slammed an Exalted, NEVER. Because there was ALWAYS better thing to do with it (for a standart player like me), like try to buy something usefull instead of killing an affix.

RNG Bricks feels REALLY BAD. Theres nothing great at "closing eyes before slam" when the real felling is "i dont wanna open my eyes to see the **** ive done".

I also learned all the mecanics of POE and itens, how affixes, preffixes, suffixes, tags, and so go on, basically learned how the game and craft works all by exploring and testing harvest crafting. It helps players to better undestand the game.

Last edited by Jundiaiense on Mar 12, 2021, 2:33:30 AM
foolish idea, at least influence item should be allow to enhance by the influence exalted Orb
Last edited by patzzl on Mar 12, 2021, 2:59:46 AM
"
vileArchon wrote:
terrible decision... its a sad day when your 'vision of the game' is so far from what the players enjoy that youre willing to drive players (the livelihood of your game) away...

I urge GGG to reconsider these nerfs, perhaps integrate the harvest we have now into other areas of the game...

Out right removing it like this just destroys an aspect of the game players have grown fond of.

imagine coming back to the game because of current harvest mechanics after not having played for 2 years because of how slow progression is for a casual player that doesn't have 12-18 hours per day of playtime.

spending 100eu on a breach core supporter pack to support the game because players are actually liking it again and actually being able to create whatever they want for all the non-meta builds ''they'' would like to play...

just to read 2 weeks later that harvest is going to be destroyed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info