Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Sure GGG. Let's nerf or remove everything so we can become real "Exiles"
The two leagues I enjoyed most are Harvest and Ritual. It just made me keep coming back to play more. And now they're taking the most enjoyable part of the game out because of the elitist kind of thinking that the majority of PoE's playerbase don't even care about. Exalting and the feeling of ruining an item? Goodness, no. This just makes me sad and thinking of not playing anymore if these changes push through.
The introduction of Harvest without a cost breaks the game relative to all other mechanics which has RNG. There need to have some cost associated to it to be deterministic similar to how Fusings works on crafting bench. You either use RNG Fusing for 6link or you pay 1500 Fusing to get it done. Harvest do not have this cost and thus break the other mechanics.

If they were to introduce the same cost structure to deterministic crafting, it may complement the other mechanics. However I do see people will still be up in arms complaining that GGG is only catering to the rich again. So no real solution here.
Fuck me Irene, the trade manifesto hasn't even gotten to 100 pages after a couple years and this shit is pushing 400. And yet people will still call this an "overblown reaction."

You done fucked up.
This is a buff™
K i`ve never complained before about any poe changes to the game but this time i have to at least try.

Standard player here.

I`ve played this game for many many years now....We need a some version of Harvest mechanics that are useful.

There are alot of good options people have already posted to make havest relevant so i wont go into great detail.

But honestly i want to make useful/higher tier items....myself....if it takes massive amounts of time/effort..thats FINE I will do that...but your guys notion of exalt slammin is craftin...is honestly beyond STUPID. Thats gambling.

WE NEED A CRAFTING SYSTEM, WE DONT NEED GAMBLING. if u need to make something more rare to come across....DO THAT--- nerf the drop rates and MAke crafts tradeable like u do with beasts via your trade site...poe's economy will naturally fix itself for whats good/useful/valuable

AGAIN WE NEED A RELAIBLE AND USEFUL AND TRADEABLE CRAFTING SYSTEM

WE DONT NEED BLIND EXALT SLAM ...check youtube i think it was cutedog he has a nice video about blind exalting he just posted....thats what u want us to do....

So ya i want have a semi-reliable way to make my own gear/builds and not just buy from the MONOPOLY that is mirror tier sellers, so we can have better build variety

If your goal is to have a better player base playin POE for the long term we need/want this FIXED.

So I just watched Matthil's video about what this will really do to the game... I probably will not be playing next league if this hits.

The problem with Blizzard is they try to please the least capable and least skilled... At the expense of their mid/upper tier players.

The problem here is that it's bad for everyone, and cuts out 3/4 of your end game content for all but a handful of people.

I really enjoyed playing this league. I bought the Abyss Core pack, I enjoyed it so much and wanted to support the company.

So much for that idea.
I'm just disappointed. This game has so much to offer. Its obvious the developers are incredibly passionate. But there are a lot of QOL things that deserve some attention/maintenance.

This game has Potential. But a potentially good game is not an actually fun game. Unfortunate.
Imagine removing one of the things that made the game actually enjoyable and fun for most of the players...

Not cool GGG.
I apologize in advance, English is not my first language.

GGG, stop presenting your failures as a concern for the players. At the end of last year, you postponed the start of patch 3.13 to 2021, realizing that you do not have time to make such a large-scale addition, and to a greater extent fearing financial losses from the simultaneous release of patch 3.13 (oh sorry, the start of sales of support packs for patch 3.13) and the start of the game Cyberpunk 2077, covering it up with concern for the players. Although many players have planned their personal time according to the schedule of your patches (4 per year) - they took vacations at work in advance, planned New Year's holidays, and so on. But we understood and accepted this, since the 3.13 addition really impressed and pleasantly surprised.

This time, realizing that you cannot cope or will accept the fact that the players have gone to a third-party platform to trade recipes from the Harvest, which is why the scam has blossomed in the game even more, and also realizing that even more players have begun to use RMT, you just decided to make such a nerf, covering it with alleged concern for the players, so that players like to close their eyes and throw orbs when crafting, so that we don't have to go to the sides of the site, receive deception from dishonest players, and so on. Thank you for your concern.

Most of the players, like me, for example, only in Harvest, began to use craft for their builds, to think about something new, without fear of the prices on the trade. because you began to understand that you can do the things you need YOURSELF, enjoying it.
Having taken such a huge step forward, you jumped back in horror, apparently imagining how much work needs to be done to fix what you, as developers, do not like in the current state of affairs.
Already start making productive decisions that develop the game, rather than causing bewilderment to the players.
i already posted this but since i believe ggg will not read till page 300 i will post one last time
just spread harvest power across other league mechanics alva temple/bestiary/perandus/a reward in the sindicate hideout/ a delve chamber/ a grand heist reward...so people will do less harvest and equilibrate the power.

split the remove/augment/ remove and add / lucky crafts

the harvest crafts are good to the game
make people play more trying use new builds...craft stuff, without it i just quit in 4-5 weeks cause i will not farm 50 exalteds+ to get a upgrade or try do a mirror item with 0.0000001%
Last edited by Mokurp on Mar 11, 2021, 11:10:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info