Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Only reason this is such a big deal is because ALL rare drops are garbage tier. Zero percent chance of great stuff dropping. If you wanna nerf harvest, fix rare drops substantially.
"
htrd wrote:
if gambling is this company solution to crafting. it's not seeing a single cent from me. 5000+hours ingame and too read such disconnect its just sad.

Preach, I will boycott next league if they dont remake the crafting system into something more deterministic. Even more deterministic than it was with just harvest.
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
Huntss wrote:
Honestly this is how I imagined it would've been changed when it was announced to go core. I'm sad that so many people are whining about it, after getting another league of free OP items with harvest.

If you think people are whining, you're not really reading, are you?

They had a whole league to test it, it went core after some changes, players are happy with it. There's no logical reason to nerf it like this.

I have been reading. It's just people whining because they want easy to make top tier gear. With harvest in the game gear starts to lose any meaning because it's so easy to make items that in normal leagues would be mirror tier. Really they just made this worse for themselves by making it go core at all instead of just letting it die.
I think that you understand the issues with the current implementation of harvest across the various dimensions of power, accessibility, tradability/ease of use, and balance relative to the rest of the game's systems. I think that you understand the various directions in which changes could be made.

I think that you misunderstand what makes the game fun for many people, and I think you don't value my time. I vehemently disagree with many of the principles espoused by your manifesto, and am provided with a vision of a game that I don't wish to play or support.

By crafting your game you choose your audience. If I'm too casual for your game, that's cool, I'll go play something else.
"
bauermayers wrote:
300+ pages in, and you can probably count with one hand the comments that either like or don't care about it (my own first reaction included). Let's see if GGG will listen to feedback this time.

Be honest, how many times did you had to restart a sentence from bursting into laughter that contained "GGG will listen to feedback"?
I've spent close to a grand on this game, but I'll have to speak with my wallet this time.
Nooo don't nerf it!!!
Just noted but they removed this thread from the front pages by the way.
"
Huntss wrote:
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
Huntss wrote:
Honestly this is how I imagined it would've been changed when it was announced to go core. I'm sad that so many people are whining about it, after getting another league of free OP items with harvest.

If you think people are whining, you're not really reading, are you?

They had a whole league to test it, it went core after some changes, players are happy with it. There's no logical reason to nerf it like this.

I have been reading. It's just people whining because they want easy to make top tier gear. With harvest in the game gear starts to lose any meaning because it's so easy to make items that in normal leagues would be mirror tier. Really they just made this worse for themselves by making it go core at all instead of just letting it die.

do you have 12-18 hours per day to play like the streamers?

i sure as hell don't!

i'm an upcoming father, have a gf and future kid to take care of + a full time job.

i have 2 hours a day max.. if any time at all to play some games.

harvest was the only thing that we as a community can actually call crafting!
everything else is just 1 big gamble with a 1/10000 ratio.

harvest also tied all the bad (crafting)gambling systems together instead of making them obsolete!
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 11, 2021, 9:52:43 PM
GGG going to go into a fallout style bunker and pretend this doesn't exist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info